KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

1. 5.0

Very satisfied, great environment

Sep 16, 2021 - Senior Software Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

- I strongly believe MI is a great environment for people who want to achieve great results and make the world better. And I'm really happy to be a part of this. - For me this is definitely the place to work. - I really appreciate that our CTO shares the vision to become a professional software company and we did a lot in the last months to get there. - The international team is a huge win for me. So many interesting and awesome people from different countries. - I have many challenges which I really like.

Cons

You can sometimes feel this pressure to succeed. But in general I like this challenge.

2. 5.0

Great place to work

Sep 29, 2021 - Sales Development Representative (SDR) in Hamburg
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great team, fast processes, good communication through all positions also C-Level, great opportunities to grow, ideas are heard and supported, fair payment working spaces in other cities, very good working equipment, remote working, free time management, exciting and sustainable products cool events, snacks in the office in Berlin, very good offers for employees, ...

Cons

Just vegan chocolate, I am missing kinder-chocolate

3. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great place to learn and grow

Sep 22, 2021 - Senior Software Engineer in Warsaw
    Business Outlook

Pros

You are surrounded by kind and competent people. You are encouraged to use your voice - you can make a difference. Good and transparent management supporting healthy work environment. You can learn a lot and still have fun. Modern tech stack. Teams have a lot of leeway when it comes to solutions they are working on. Development budget for each employee. Flat organizational structure.

Cons

There is still some inherited technical debt.

4. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great place to grow professionally

Mar 12, 2021 - Product Owner
    Business Outlook

Pros

I joined movingimage few months ago, after the changes in management and personnel. Since then there were many talented people hired, who quickly filled the void, and brought new energy to the organisation. The company is changing and adapting to the new reality, which I find exciting. I think we are on the right path to start innovating again after some time of chasing the competition. I like the fact, that the management is open for new ideas and suggestions. I really feel that every employee can now have impact on the company's direction. You can just take the initiative and implement the improvements you and your colleagues see fit. The team is getting stronger and the people are really great to work with. I felt welcomed and appreciated since my first week.

Cons

There is quite a lot of tech-debt to be dealt with but the situation has visibly improved since I joined. You can also feel that some of the old-time employees are tired and burned out after a year of COVID lockdown and many changes going on.

4 people found this review helpful
  5. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great development of the firm!

Jun 29, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have joined movingimage last year and it is exciting to see how well the firm is progressing. There are positive developments basically every week and you have great opportunities to grow and develop along. Moreover, I highly value the flat hierarchies and inclusive work environment.

Cons

As movingimage is a smaller company, there is less structure than in larger firms and some processes are still in development. However, looking at it in a different way, this provides opportunities to shape the firm. It would be nice to have more team events after C-19.

CEO

Thanks for sharing your feedback. Indeed,, we have seen huge progress throughout the last year and results are showing up at all ends. Yet, I am humble enough to accept the fact that we can - and will - do better. still Let's keep this good momentum. Ingo (CEO)

6. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Management overturn disaster

Aug 8, 2021 - Tech Lead in Berlin
    Business Outlook

Pros

Two year ago it was a perfect place for those who had ideas and desire to implement them in real life.

Cons

Unfortunately the company became a victim of some implicit and high level (board of directors) game. The founders/CEOs, who built the company, were fired and replaced by people who knew nothing about the business. They've immediately changed the whole atmosphere. And it became clear that they had no idea what to do. Consequentially and stating a support to the wrongly fired CEOs, the majority of senior employees from tech department left the company. Leaving almost no technical knowledge about the platform in movingimage. The new management tries to cover its failure blaming the previous leadership.

CEO

Thanks for once more sharing your view of the past and your frustration over what has become out of movingimage - nevertheless, it is pointless still. Quick update on facts for H1 2021: Revenue up 48% y-o-y; constantly growing gross-margin to benchmark level; significantly advanced on our ambition to become a fully data-driven company across the value chain and having the most advanced tech stack in our industry; hired another 10+ extraordinary folks in Q2 alone - and, guess what? Team morale as measured by NPS at new all-time high. A big shout-out to this bunch of awesome people! Ingo (CEO)

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Hidden gem with a great working culture

Jun 14, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Berlin
    Business Outlook

Pros

There's a lot of room for both personal and professional growth. Welcoming and international work environment. Young, agile and experienced (and very helpful + friendly) colleagues. Leadership has been transparent and supportive.

Cons

There's a bit of fluctuation, but that's going away now. Working from home during the lockdown was tough. A lot of different tools, but this is improving and getting simplified.

CEO

Thanks for sharing your feedback. I am grateful that our company is being perceived as "a gem" by you / but you are right for sure ;-). Looking forward to meeting you f2f in our new office soon - we are open again! Ingo (CEO)

8. 4.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Highly motivated peers and good culture

Mar 18, 2021 - Team Lead Java in Berlin
    Business Outlook

Pros

From a technological perspective you can learn a lot. You have the opportunity to work with a state of the art Kubernetes setup, learn how to deploy a well thought out set of micro-services and monitor them. From a cultural perspective, it's impressive how helpful, dedicated and passionate developers and infrastructure oriented engineers are. Beyond the immediate people I work with day to day, I felt nothing but support throughout the company. The (new) management is transparent and consistently communicates a vision, it's gaining traction and people are getting behind it. Multinational work environment.

Cons

With the pandemic it's not easy to get to know people, structures and get into a good routine. A lot is in flux, you need to bring the dedication to keep up. Eclectic selection of tools (chat platform etc) - this is changing for the better.

3 people found this review helpful
  9. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Good place to work and grow

Jun 15, 2021 - Frontend Developer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Movingimage is an example of a medium-size company where you have a real impact on the things that you are working on. The atmosphere is great and people are very helpful and involved. The company attracts really good specialists.

Cons

The legacy code but we are in the process of introducing the newest technology which brings new opportunities to extend personal competence.

CEO

Thanks for sharing your feedback. ... and yes, our Tech Teams are doing an awesome job at getting us technologically ahead of our competition.. Kudos! Ingo (CEO)

10. 4.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Company with exciting growth potential

Feb 8, 2021 - Frontend Engineer in Berlin
    Business Outlook

Pros

I joined in November 2020. Right now, the company is in a growth phase, with multiple positions to fill in. Recently there was an administration change. Several people didn't agree with that decision but in my opinion, the new administration brought a refreshed mindset and a great plan to push movingimage forward. I think that we have the opportunity to be in a privileged position in the DACH region. We are all working remotely now because of COVID, and it looks like we are going to keep working remotely for the foreseeable feature. The company is also moving to a new office, so, once normality comes back, we'll be able to enjoy this new office, at the heart of Berlin.

Cons

Hectic environment, if you are not comfortable with solving unexpected issues, this might not be the job for you. Things are moving fast.

CEO

Thanks for your feedback - much appreciated! We in deed see a lot of positive momentum unfolding recently - we are back to growth (>50% y-o-y in February), the Tech team under the leadership of our new CTO (who joined in November last year) is doing a great job and are getting our tech stack to the next level. Also, product ideas that will help us differentiate in the next couple of years are in PoC state. Of course, Covid is putting a bit of a drag on all of us and I personally can't wait so the entire team in our new office. I agree on the hectic every now and then - at lot of things have changed and there is a lot of passion and eagerness to improve. Thanks again Ingo (CEO)

Viewing 1 - 10 of 36 Reviews