pMD Reviews | Glassdoor

5.0
pMD CEO Philippe d'Offay
Philippe d'Offay

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "pMD - A special place"

I have been working at pMD full-time

Pros

pMD has a large base of customers and a great, enthusiastic, capable group of employees to work with, learn from and collaborate with.

Cons

Like all small, growing companies we are still learning how to be a bigger company, and the good cheer of the employees here certainly helps!

2. "If you want to matter, you will at pMD."

I have been working at pMD full-time

Pros

At pMD, every employee matters significantly no matter what your position is! Each role contributes in powerful, exciting, and visible ways. Coming from a bigger company, I never imagined that a small fish could make such a big splash! There’s nothing quite like seeing your very own project go live and this happens frequently with each member of the team.

A lot of cross-departmental work goes on at pMD. There is a huge emphasis on understanding the product as a whole and thus we get training on all sides of the board. Being exposed to every aspect of the business has been extremely beneficial. Who knew that someone in sales would be able to explain the basics of interfacing, provide unparalleled customer support, or spend time writing blog posts? Being a pMDer requires a well-rounded mind and the pMD management team has done an excellent job hiring exceptional employees that possess that quality!

My absolute favorite part of pMD, though, has definitely got to be the people. pMDers are the friendliest, most engaging, and intelligent group of people I’ve ever met. It’s amazing to see the work that can be done when you find a group that meshes so well together – both professionally and outside of work. I can say for certain that I enjoy walking into the office in the morning. There’s nothing better than being happy to go to work.

Cons

None I can think of now.

3. "Inspiring, fulfilling, and positive place to work!"

I have been working at pMD full-time

Pros

I wake up every morning and walk into the pMD office knowing that I will experience something new and be surrounded by inspired and generous people all while working towards the greater cause of changing healthcare and helping providers save lives.

pMD maintains a strong foundation of leaders while encouraging freedom to take initiative. I believe I can grow and learn as much as I want. pMD nurtures an environment for self-starters and initiators.

If you’ve read the book “Start with Why” by Simon Sinek (and if you haven't, you should), there is no doubt of pMD’s WHY. The HOW is strongly maintained by the leaders and the WHAT is continuously evolving and innovating.

Cons

Honestly, none that I can think of!

Advice to Management

Keep hand picking and hiring hardworking and talented members to be a part of the pMD community!

4. "Growing company with big goals!"

Current Employee - N/A in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - N/A in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at pMD full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The pMD team is full of very smart, ambitious, and talented people. We are all aligned along the same mission and this dedication is what helps us to achieve our goals and best help our customers. Having worked in a large organization before, it is especially refreshing to work at a company where real change can be implemented quickly and your voice is not lost in the crowd. pMD is a nimble company and works very hard to avoid the "red tape" that often creeps up in larger companies. I feel like I am able to make meaningful change when it comes to the product and the lives of our providers.

Cons

The travel can be demanding at times however the impact it allows us to have on our customer base makes it worth it.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

5. "Constant growth and learning!"

Current Employee - Operations Coordinator in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Operations Coordinator in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at pMD (More than a year)

Pros

Coming from a company that was big on culture, I was worried pMD was too small to have a full fledged culture built out. Boy was I wrong! When the end of my first month came, the entire team was pushing towards a goal and when we hit the goal we went outside and had a lawn happy hour! With leis, umbrellas and of course some beverages. It was in that moment that I realized how important culture and teamwork is to pMD. We all pitch in when needed, giving pMD the opportunity to be such an awesome company internally and externally!

Over the last year, I truly feel I grow every day at pMD. I am constantly pushed to do my best and ask questions when I need to. The pace at pMD is contagious, such an exciting time to be apart of this team!

Cons

Work life balance is always a con, pretty much anywhere you go. pMD will sometimes come home with you, but it is only to make our team and product that much better.

6. "Rewarding Work at an Innovative Company!"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at pMD full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

While the perks of working for pMD are amazing, the best part about pMD is the team: we are close-knit, dynamic, hard-working, and fun-loving. I started with pMD as an intern and had an amazing experience. The internship perfectly balanced pushing me outside my comfort zone with making sure that I had the resources necessary to fall back on when I needed them. pMD was also very adaptable and allowed me to have a flexible schedule as I finished up with my studies. Now that I have switched to a full-time role, I’ve been exposed to all the customer-facing aspects of pMD that make working here as an engineer so unique and fulfilling.

The work is continuously interesting and, while it is challenging, the reward of being able to see the projects you work on impact real doctors’ everyday lives makes it so worth it. pMD is not just another start up, and it’s amazing to not only see the advances happening in healthcare, but to be able to help drive the industry forward.

The entire leadership team at pMD has done a wonderful job building a collaborative and friendly culture at the company, and you can tell that they care about and invest in their employees. The culture is very positive and has helped me grow both personally and professionally.

pMD is a place where each individual impacts the company’s growth and helps continue to build a world-class company. Everyone is passionate about the work we do and takes personal ownership in helping us continually improve and grow.

Cons

Since we're a small team, you have to get comfortable wearing a number of hats, but the team does a great job of getting new employees up to speed on how to handle the variety of work through a well-developed orientation program.

Each employee is given a lot of autonomy and trust, so you need to be comfortable taking responsibility, but this allows you to really feel the impact of your work.

7. "Fulfilling work as an engineer"

I have been working at pMD full-time

Pros

-As a software engineer on the team, my work is truly valued. A lot of my friends in other companies don't feel like their work has an impact on the world around them, whereas I'm confident that my work is constantly moving the needle forward in the medical industry. Even a small change in the product can have massive effects on the workflows of doctors and billers across the country, and that's both really exciting and humbling for me as an engineer.

-My team is really great -- I admire every person at pMD and especially my colleagues on the development team. I'm learning new things from them every single day. Everyone is extremely friendly and dedicated to their work. Everyone communicates, everyone puts in their best effort, everyone really cares about the product, the customer experience, and the end goal.

-Getting real insights into our customers is a privilege that software engineers in other companies don't have. We travel a lot to see and hear from our customers, interact with them directly several times a day, and build and design our product with their needs in mind first and foremost. Not only is it rewarding for me to see my work get used, but it also encourages me to push myself and produce the best possible solutions to our users' problems.

Cons

-The workload is large, and coming at you from all different sides. You're developing new features, training doctors, implementing practices, handling support requests... etc. You're also traveling often for work, and need to be on call once in a while. Working at pMD is not easy -- but it's exhilarating and rewarding.

8. "Small company; big impact"

I have been working at pMD full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

pMD is a great place to work; it’s truly a small company that’s making a huge impact on the health care world. I’ve worked on several different teams in my time at pMD, and I’ve had the chance to work closely with many of our amazing employees. From our most senior employees to our newest hires, everyone who works at pMD is incredibly intelligent, driven, and committed to our team, our customers, and our product. The whole team often mobilizes together in a truly impressive way to meet our shared goals.

Working at pMD has taught me a lot about the health care industry, and I feel very empowered to lead large and long-term projects that I would not have been able to a year ago. In both the health care and the technology industry, the learning curve can be steep, but at pMD, you’re given the tools you need to get up to speed.

I’ve had the chance to develop great relationships not only with my coworkers, but with our clients as well. It’s amazing to be able to work for a company whose products are embraced by its users. Based on our clients’ feedback and the constant changes to health care, we’re constantly iterating on and developing new features, and it’s a great experience to be so involved in the life cycle of new features.

Cons

Working at pMD is definitely not always a 9-5 gig. Travel, big projects, and competing priorities can lead to some long and tiring days. I feel our hard work always pays off in spades, but there will be times when it feels challenging to get everything done.

We are a growing company who has recently expanded to a variety of teams and roles. There’s a huge opportunity for professional growth, but there’s not always a ‘set in stone’ career path for every role. You have to be willing to take time and brainpower to shape your future with the company.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work! As the company continues to grow, continue to prioritize company culture and professional development, so that all new hires have the same opportunity to succeed here in their roles at pMD. Maintain transparency with your team members, help them understand how they can best succeed in their careers, and let them know their work is valuable.

9. "Positive Team, Positive Impact"

I have been working at pMD full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I work for a very dynamic company. Each and every person on the team works insanely hard, is talented, intelligent, and passionate. It's refreshing to work for a company where your customers actually love you, love the company and are constantly referring other customers. Because we care so much about our customers and they truly feel that, they make our job easy in return. Every day, we can feel the impact we're making on the health care industry, even if it's just a small dent. It's a rewarding company to work for!

Our team culture is supportive, cross-functional, collaborative, fun and exciting. Our office is always fun to walk into because there is always great, positive energy. We're a team that jives really well together and part of that is due to the tedious interview process we've all had to go through. pMD doesn't just hire anyone. They hire our future TEAM members - people who make our team stronger through work ethic and personality.

pMD is also an amazing learning environment. Not everyone comes in with the same level of understanding when it comes to health care but pMD provides the resources to really ramp you up. You have to be willing to learn and be challenged!

We also do a fair amount of traveling, which can be really fun. It's a great way to meet customers, bond with teammates and see interesting cities across the U.S. Lots of stories and inside jokes come from company travel and it really brings us closer to our customers and each other.

Cons

pMD is great for people that love to travel and enjoy working in client-facing situations. This aspect of the job may not be for everyone but you do rack up a ton of airline points! This is also an office of people who work hard and wear many hats. This can be a challenge for some people who expect to have one role and not partake in responsibilities that benefit the team as a whole. We all wear many hats and that's what strengthens the team.

Advice to Management

Honestly, I wouldn't change a thing! So far it's been nothing but a positive experience. I personally like every aspect of the job. My direct manager has a great open door policy and we have a strong line of communication. I hope all team managers do the same!

10. "To Be Your Best, You Must Surround Yourself With the Best!"

I have been working at pMD full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've often heard, you are the average of the five people you spend the most time with. I don't think anyone would argue that most of a person's time is spent at work with their colleagues. If that is the case then I'm a very lucky person. The team at pMD is truly a top notch bunch and I find myself becoming a better person personally and professionally just by coming to work. The collaboration of ideas is incredible and the positive impact we are making in healthcare is inspiring. You'll never be bored since every day is different. You have the opportunity to work in a supportive environment with people who provide real mentorship. You'll actually look back and see your growth.

Cons

Change is in the DNA at pMD and you'll find yourself working on projects you never thought you would. If work is food, you'll always be very well fed but the workload can feel overwhelming at times. Sometimes it's hard to see how it all ties into the bottom line but if you stay ahead of it and have confidence in management's direction, you'll come out on top.

Advice to Management

Improve levels of communication between senior leadership and employees through early communication of company decisions that directly impact employees.