pMD Reviews | Glassdoor

5.0
pMD CEO Philippe d'Offay
Philippe d'Offay

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "The team is simply the best in the business, and it's always a pleasure to work with such a talented group" (in 6 reviews)

• "A group of people that are willing to help each other out regardless of title or tenor" (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • "It is honestly difficult to think of a downside to working at pMD besides the fact that it may not be for everyone" (in 5 reviews)

• "It’s not a 9-5 job because of the travel and challenging nature of the work, but it’s highly rewarding and interesting if you can keep up" (in 5 reviews)

1. "Amazing team of people focused on solving problems in healthcare"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at pMD full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The team at pMD is one of the best and brightest I've ever worked with. It's a group of extremely dedicated people committed to doing their best work to help solve real problems in healthcare. The customer experience is always the top priority. It's nice to work at a company that places such value on doing the right things for their customers and employees. pMD has been around for 20 years but still has a small company feel. Things move quickly and no two days are ever the same. Because we are a small team we all have responsibility in a lot of different functional areas, so the opportunities to learn are always ongoing. Employee growth is very important to management.

Cons

pMD is a growing company and that isn't always easy. Things can sometimes change quickly and you have to be adaptable. Covering a lot of ground means juggling priorities and switching between tasks constantly. I enjoy this, but not for everyone.

Advice to Management

Keep evolving with the industry and placing an emphasis on employee development.

2. "Equipment specialist"

Current Employee - Equipment Technician in Sausalito, CA
    Current Employee - Equipment Technician in Sausalito, CA

I have been working at pMD full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great group of dedicated people all have been a pleasure to work with !

Cons

Nothing negative about my experience!

3. "Part Time Employee"

Current Employee - Part Time in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Part Time in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at pMD part-time

Pros

Great working opportunities as well as the possibility to learn and achieve more than I expected.

Cons

Traveling can sometimes be tiring as we have clients all over the place

4. "Great Place to Work!"

I have been working at pMD part-time

Pros

Treated with respect, great work environment, flexible schedule, fully trust their employees

Cons

Can't think of any cons!

5. "Great Company & Team"

I have been working at pMD part-time

Pros

Engaging workflow and incredibly helpful and friendly team members.

Cons

None I can think of

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

6. "Small company; big impact"

I have been working at pMD full-time

Pros

pMD is a great place to work. I’ve worked on several different teams in my time at pMD, and I’ve had the chance to work closely with many of our amazing employees. From our most senior employees to our newest hires, everyone who works at pMD is incredibly intelligent, driven, and committed to our team, our customers, and our product. It's really fantastic to end each day knowing you work with a team of great people on products that are truly making the world a better place for really fantastic customers.

Cons

pMD has grown in size quite a bit since my early days, but we are still a small team. This can sometimes mean you work on tasks or projects outside of the scope of your role or perhaps your comfort zone. This can be a good growth opportunity, but it can also be challenging.

Advice to Management

I've appreciated the increased transparency into leadership's decision-making processes, and the focus on career growth and mentorship. Continue to focus on your employees and their roles in the 5 year plan for the company.

7. "Always professional courteous demeanor and genuine respect for every team member is a cornerstone of pMD’s success."

Former Employee - Pilot in San Rafael, CA
    Former Employee - Pilot in San Rafael, CA

I worked at pMD part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

PMD encourages, recognizes and rewards excellence.
    Top management was always accessible and responsive on the few occasions I felt I needed its input or decisions.
    Even though I was only a part time team member, I was treated as a valuable asset and when I made errors, the team was encouraging, understanding and helpful.

Cons

Expense reimbursements are slower than typical in my experience.

Advice to Management

Don’t lose focus on the team concept and mutual respect.

8. "A Diamond in the Rough"

I have been working at pMD full-time

Pros

I feel lucky to come to work at pMD everyday. The team is phenomenal; truly the kindest, most fun, collaborative and intelligent group of people with whom I've had the pleasure of working. We all work together in our mission of improving the healthcare industry.

Working at pMD is also very exciting as no two days are the same. We all wear many hats: customer support, account management, product managers, sales, which may not be for everyone, but it definitely keeps your days varied and exciting.

Lastly, this is a great company for working parents. The leadership team is very understanding of working parents and are accommodating to the work life balance that comes with that territory.

Cons

If you thrive in an environment of predictability or like to stick to your comfort zone, pMD may not be the place for you.

Advice to Management

Keep up the collaborative team environment to drive growth

9. "Awesome company with an incredible staff"

I have been working at pMD full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The pMd staff takes care of their colleagues and really put their full effort into making a big impact on healthcare. Everyone has a can-do, positive attitude and continually fosters an environment where all ideas are heard. The team constantly provides positive feedback and pushes their colleagues to do bigger things. The office is a very positive space and you feel at home when you walk in at the beginning of the day. The company itself also provides amazing benefits to its employees and makes sure that its employees are happy! pMD is continually developing its products and continues to grow!

Cons

Absolutely no downsides, as this company is truly one of the best places you could work for! This company does require its employees to actively engage at work, so if you're looking for a mindless 8-5 desk job pMD isn't the place for you!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing-- it's working!

10. "Making the Health Care Industry better for All!"

I have been working at pMD full-time

Pros

I'm constantly impressed with the products our team dreams up with seamless execution. Then all the positive feedback we get from our customers makes all the hard work pay off. pMD constantly morphs and changes to stay ahead of the curve and I am proud to be a team member.

Cons

You get exposure to all departments and different types of projects. A software engineer is just coding all day. You get to speak with customers on a daily basis and contribute so much more than you ever could have imagined. If you like to stay in your box, work in one specific area and then go home, this isn't the place for you.

Advice to Management

Keep up the strong mentorship.