pMD Reviews | Glassdoor

4.9
Rating Trends Rating Trends
pMD CEO Philippe d'Offay
Philippe d'Offay

1. "High growth company that hires great people committed to making a difference in healthcare!"

Current Employee - Director of Sales in Birmingham, AL
    Current Employee - Director of Sales in Birmingham, AL

I have been working at pMD full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

In my workplace, I want to surround myself around honest, hard-working, smart individuals that are passionate about making a difference. pMD encompasses all of those traits!

I love that I can be part of a company that is obsessed with making a difference in healthcare while putting together an amazing product to our customers. Every team member is committed to having your back and going the extra mile for the customer!

Through engaging with our customers on a regular basis, it's fun and rewarding to see their appreciation of our unparalleled customer service.

Forward thinking in looking to solve tomorrow's problems with healthcare!

Provides exciting perks to reward the company's hard work and growth!

After speaking with family and friends over the years, I'm continually reminded that pMD is a special place!

Cons

It works itself out over the course of the year to be the same percentage, but the travel schedule can become heavy at times.

Advice to Management

The industry has been changing significantly, keep communicating to the company how we can solve some of those upcoming challenges while adding other smart, passionate team members!

2. "PMD"

Current Employee - Inside Sales Team in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Team in Irvine, CA

I have been working at pMD full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great management team. Great energy

Cons

I don't have any at this time

Advice to Management

Share future growth opportunities. Try to train some Assistant Managers that have the same energy as the leaders

Feb 22, 2017 – Recruiting Manager

Hello! We believe you've reviewed the wrong company since pMD doesn't have an inside sales team, an Irvine office, or the role of Assistant Manager. Please redirect your review to your current ... More

3. "Amazing team working hard to make healthcare better"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at pMD full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Saying pMD's team is amazing is like saying water is wet or pad thai is delicious. It has to be said though so as not to overlook how hardworking, supportive and brilliant the people that make this company go are. Working at pMD is anything but pedestrian. Understanding and contributing value within the healthcare industry is challenging at the best of times and we are constantly learning, adapting and applying our knowledge to help our customers all over the country. If you like to work on cross functional teams, constantly learning and genuinely love working with others, you will love working at pMD.

Cons

I don't think there are any cons to working here. You're expected to work hard and are rewarded for it. If you don't like to travel and like to work independently in a cubicle farm on a 9-5 basis, then pMD isn't for you.

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

5. "At the intersection between forward-thinking healthcare providers and cutting edge technology"

Current Employee - Lead Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Lead Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at pMD full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

pMD is an incredibly dynamic and exciting place to work. As a company that tries to keep ourselves positioned at the intersection between forward-thinking healthcare providers and cutting edge technology, I feel like I'm always learning something new in this job. We run a highly agile engineering organization, so we're able to respond quickly to our customers' changing needs with innovative solutions.

Everyone here, including engineering, helps with account management and customer support. While it might initially seem a bit out of the ordinary, I've found that watching a doctor use a feature you created, helping a revenue cycle manager improve his or her workflow, or discussing the future of healthcare with the CEO of a growing practice is extremely inspiring and helps fuel my drive to build amazing products at pMD.

Cons

Unlike other small software companies I've worked for in the past, we're not a startup in the traditional sense of the word. We have a large, established customer base, and our users have come to expect really high quality software from us. Because of that, we have a very high bar for quality and attention to detail in our software releases. I know that for some people, including myself, this can be an adjustment, initially. However, I'd argue that the tradeoff - getting to ship powerful features every week to thousands of happy users - is well worth the extra work.

Advice to Management

Continue to hire passionate people to join our growing team

6. "Work really hard, play even harder!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at pMD (More than 3 years)

Pros

"Work hard, play hard" is the best way to describe the culture here. It's much more rewarding than a standard 9-5 where you clock in and clock out. Hands down the best coworkers to work with! Everyone is full of energy and always eager to help, regardless of what's on their plate. I've worked at a few places before pMD, but no where has this collection of all star individuals who hungrily band together towards a common goal.

Cons

pMD does a great job at allowing you to manage a good work life balance, but at peak times, the work can get pretty demanding and like any other start up, you'll need to take work home. Part of the "work hard, play hard" mantra, but definitely not for everyone.

Advice to Management

We are growing so fast in each department. Please continue the rapid quality hires - especially on the development team! As we grow, mature, and morph into a bigger company with a different set of challenges, it will also be interesting to how we handle the transition.

7. "Small company; big impact"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at pMD full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

pMD is an amazing place to work; it’s truly a small company that’s making a huge impact on the health care world. I’ve worked on several different teams in my time at pMD, and I’ve had the chance to work closely with many of our amazing employees. From our most senior employees to our newest hires, everyone who works at pMD is incredibly intelligent, driven, and committed to our team, our customers, and our product. The whole team often mobilizes together in a truly impressive way to meet our shared goals.

Working at pMD has taught me a lot about the health care industry, and I feel very empowered to lead large and long-term projects that I would not have been able to a year ago. In both the health care and the technology industry, the learning curve can be steep, but at pMD, you’re given the tools you need to get up to speed.

I’ve had the chance to develop great relationships not only with my coworkers, but with our clients as well. It’s amazing to be able to work for a company whose products are embraced by its users. Based on our clients’ feedback and the constant changes to health care, we’re constantly iterating on and developing new features, and it’s a great experience to get those into users’ hands so quickly.

Cons

Working at pMD is definitely not always a 9-5 gig. Travel, big projects, and competing priorities can lead to some long and tiring days. I feel our hard work always pays off in spades, but there will be times when it feels challenging to get everything done.

We are a growing company who has recently expanded to a variety of teams and roles. There’s a huge opportunity for professional growth, but there’s not always a ‘set in stone’ career path for every role. You have to be willing to take time and brainpower to shape your future with the company.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work! As the company continues to grow, continue to prioritize company culture and professional development, so that all new hires have the same opportunity to succeed here in their roles at pMD.

8. "Great opportunity to make an impact on a growing team!"

Current Employee - Senior Product Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Product Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at pMD full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It is really refreshing to work at a company where you feel like you have so much opportunity to make a positive and lasting impact as the company grows. pMD is a nimble and works very hard to avoid the "red tape" that often creeps up in larger companies. I feel like I am able to make meaningful change when it comes to not only the product itself, but also the way doctors and healthcare teams provide care across the country. I love the team's engagement and dedication to truly making things better for individual providers, as well as working to make positive change within the healthcare industry as a whole.

Cons

There are definitely pros and cons to working at a small company. As someone who came from a larger company, getting used to some of these nuances took a little bit of time and adjustment. People tend to wear many hats here which is both amazing for growth but also can be an adjustment depending on the environment you are used to.

Advice to Management

As any company or team expands, there can be many growing pains experienced. This is entirely expected and normal. As the company grows, be sure lean into the discomfort of change and disruption and be open to new ideas and processes.

Nov 7, 2016 – Recruiting Manager

We have an exciting future together as the team grows. Looking forward to embracing new ideas and additional perspectives!

9. "Happily Employed!"

Current Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at pMD full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

pMD is everything that I could have hoped for and more as I looked for a job post college. I was originally drawn to their small team, their team focused work environment, and their interest in riding the changing tides of healthcare. Throughout the interview process and the first few weeks of employment with pMD, it became clear that pMD was willing and invested in helping work with my strengths and provide exposure to the healthcare world to help me grow as a professional. Working for pMD is so rewarding. The team members are some of the most positive, hardworking people that challenge me to work hard, learn, and push myself each day. Because pMD is a smaller company, everyone gets to do a experience a little bit of everything, which keeps each day interesting a exciting.

Cons

It's almost hard to think of many cons associated with working at pMD. Travel can be a little hard at times, but the experience I gain on each trip makes the travel worth it. Working at pMD is fast paced, which can get overwhelming at times, but it's better to be busy than bored!

Advice to Management

pMD is a growing company in a constantly changing industry. It's really exciting to see where pMD is going and what direction and what our part will be in the changes!

Nov 7, 2016 – Recruiting Manager

You're right! Traveling with pMD can make for a long week. Here's hoping some travel plans in the future include some place fun and relaxing... like Tahiti!

10. "Fast paced with a broad mix"

Current Employee - Software Engineering Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineering Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at pMD full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

It's a small enough company where everyone regardless of their role can make a significant impact. As a developer, you will get your hands dirty from working on server hardware all the way up to developing the flagship mobile apps and working on scaling the server backend. Terrific mix of technical challenges coupled with ample opportunities to work with customers and even get involved in sales.

Cons

Often there are so many competing priorities that can help existing customers, make the software more robust, vs building new product lines to expand the business that it is difficult to decide which task can make the biggest impact in the short and long terms.

Advice to Management

As the company rapidly grows in the years to come, being able to keep a small company culture of everyone being able to make high impact decisions while also having fun will be key.

Nov 7, 2016 – Recruiting Manager

Thank you for juggling priorities - and many hats - to make pMD the amazing product and service company that it is today.

11. "Finding the Sweet Spots"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at pMD (Less than a year)

Pros

Working at pMD has made me think a lot about career sweet spots: that feeling of deep satisfaction generated when workplace culture syncs with personal values. pMD provides many career sweet spots for me, which makes working here an incredibly rich and enjoyable experience. I could probably identify several of these sweet spots, but I’ll focus on just a few here.

First, pMD aims to make money while simultaneously doing good. At the end of the day, yes, we are a company driven to make profit, but pMD makes that profit by peripherally improving healthcare. We are constantly aiming to leave the world better than we found it. I find that combination to be a very gratifying business model.

Second, pMD is situated at the intersection of two industries that constantly evolve: Healthcare and Technology. This fact eclipses any possibility that I could ever become bored, and even more exciting, it elucidates the possibility that just around the corner we could stumble upon a solution that revolutionizes healthcare. That inherent industry change combined with the pressing need for new solutions keeps me fully engaged and fascinated by our work, which is energizing.

Finally, pMD pushes its employees to grow, but not without showing you the way. pMD gives us the tools necessary to successfully tackle the challenges being thrown your way: mentorship, strategic brainstorming, a team willing to share the workload, and time to recharge when you hit your limit. It’s a formula well suited to a certain personality, and the recruiting team does an amazing job bringing these people together. We all work hard, but we have incredible fun doing it. I laugh so much at work, and I’m constantly impressed with the goals my teammates achieve.

Cons

We work hard. We thrive off a challenge. We travel a lot. We throw ourselves into goals. We hustle to keep our customers happy, and we jump high and quick when an opportunity arises. That can be exhausting, and there’s a lot of personal work in keeping yourself balanced in this work culture. I do think the company does a good job respecting people’s limits and ensuring we push ourselves, but not over the edge (see above). Ultimately, you need to have the personality that likes to bite off slightly more than you can chew if you want to succeed at pMD.

Advice to Management

We’re growing quickly which is incredibly exciting, but it comes with a unique set of challenges. I hope that quick growth won’t affect the amazing culture pMD has, but I do think that’s something management will be attentive to.

Nov 7, 2016 – Recruiting Manager

Your thoughtful review is a reminder of what a special place pMD is to work. Thank you!