Interviews for Top Jobs at Catalyst Repository Systems

Director Interview

Lots of situational and team-related questions. Test given to validate stated experience. Weight seemed to be placed on being able to manage projects and deliverables over actually doing the hands-on work. Interviews started with an initial video chat. Second interview employed the tests. Wanted to know what I found interesting for work and what my career Goals were.

Interview Questions

There were a few exchanges in e-mail about what I was earning, benefits and remote work time.

Sales Representative Interview

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Catalyst Repository Systems in April 2011.

I had several phone interiews in Feb and was told the position needed to be filled quickly. Eventually an in person interview was conducted on a Wed., and I was told I'd hear back the next day. Upon receipt of my thank you email that night, I was then told I'd hear back the next day OR the following day. I waited over the weekend and still never heard. Contacted them Monday and they eventually got back to me and asked me to prepare a marketing presentation and turn it in on Wed. After turning it in, it took a few weeks to hear anything. Then they asked me if I was still interested in pursuing the position and if I was available that day to have a phone interview with the CFO. That seemed to go well. Then they said I'd hear back on a Monday. No word until an email Thurs. saying they wanted to discuss a formal offer. They even emailed me a partial comp plan. Then I could not reach the "hiring" manager for literally almost 2 weeks after several emails and voicemails with questions regarding the comp plan. When I finally reached her I was told "the executive management team decided to go in a different direction and not fill the position." I specifically asked her if the decision had anything to do with me or my candidacy and was assured it did not. Except then I heard that they hired someone else for the position! When I called her on it, she denied telling me that they had decided not to fill the position. Hardly something I would have dreamed up by myself, especially when I gave her a perfect opening to be honest with me when I asked if it had to do w/ me personally (i.e. did they find someone they thought was better qualified or liked better than me?) Overall, the worst interiew process I've ever been through.

Interview Questions

• had I ever been asked to do something unethical at a job and what was my response   1 Answer