1-800-GOT-JUNK? Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at 1-800-GOT-JUNK?

2.2

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at 1-800-GOT-JUNK? (Chicago, IL).

Interview

They ask you most of the regular interviewing questions. Ask how you found out about the job and so on. Very short interview. its a manual labor job so nothing is really needed to prepare

Interview Questions

• How did you find out about the company/job   1 Answer

Labor Interview

Interview

Came in for a interview got hired that day
    came in the next day and started to work right away. had to fill out some paper work and that was pretty much the whole process of me getting started at 1800 got junk

Navigator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Maplewood, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at 1-800-GOT-JUNK? (Maplewood, NJ) in February 2015.

Interview

You came in to fill out the application then in about 2 days the called you back for the interview asked a few questions then called you in about 2 more day if you got the job.

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at 1-800-GOT-JUNK? (Cincinnati, OH) in December 2015.

Interview

Brought in by franchisee owner. Went to location and was greeted by a locked door... franchisee owner came to the door and let me in. After waiting in the office for 5-8 min I went in his office. Very relaxed enviroment and standard interview questions ensued. Asked why I would make a good addition to the team. Asked if the pay was okay.

Anonymous Employee in Long Island City, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at 1-800-GOT-JUNK? (Long Island City, NY) in August 2014.

Interview

Quick and brief very professional but I was fed lies about the starting pay, other then that they were very friendly and tried to answer all my questions and concerns the best way they could

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at 1-800-GOT-JUNK? (Houston, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

Hiring and interviewing was a breeze. I received a call not even three days after my initial application. I showed up in business professional attire, though casual was the norm there. After going through the basic interview process, all six of us were hired on the spot and asked when we could start. I put in for the next day and started the day after the interview.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at 1-800-GOT-JUNK? (Denver, CO) in May 2015.

Interview

relaxed, asked me if I was capable, it was really relaxed, they want to know if you will show up on time, in a professional manner, and be able to physically do all of the work.

Operations Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at 1-800-GOT-JUNK?.

Interview

One to two interviews with current management and franchise owner. Reference checks from previous employment. Ride along with an employee or management as well to see how you perform for one day. Also may include an online personality test. Overall fairly lax interview. May be in a warehouse or office of the junk office so don't be surprised if it isn't much or very fancy.

Interview Questions

• None really just the personality test may be challenging.   Answer Question

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gaithersburg, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at 1-800-GOT-JUNK? (Gaithersburg, MD) in February 2014.

Interview

I applied online for Operations Manager and they called within a few days. The telephone interview went well so I was asked to come in for a "real" interview. When I got there I was told that the position I had applied for, Operations Manager, was not available but they would consider me for a Truck Team Member at half the salary we had talked about for the Ops position. I figured why not, I need a job so I said OK. I was told to accept the position in writing via email. I did that the same day. A few days later they responded that all positions had been filled. This was the first time I was ever declined after accepting an offer. Something made me suspicious of them from the beginning. I don't think they value the truth. It's like when a salesman says, "Trust me," you know not to trust them.

Interview Questions

• They put me on the spot to give a short presentation based on a short video that I had been shown and what I knew about the company.   1 Answer

Negotiation

After being told the original job I applied for was not available and being offered a lower-paying job and accepting that offer I was told the position was not available and thanks for my time. Nothing like this has ever happened to me in over 30 years in the job force. I wouldn't trust these guys.

Driver Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at 1-800-GOT-JUNK?.

Interview

Call for an interview, and looking for to knowing more about the company. I am in the southern region of Georgia and after applying it took 3 days for a call back.