1-800-GOT-JUNK? Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 9, 2017

2.2

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at 1-800-GOT-JUNK? (Chicago, IL).

Interview

They ask you most of the regular interviewing questions. Ask how you found out about the job and so on. Very short interview. its a manual labor job so nothing is really needed to prepare

Interview Questions

• How did you find out about the company/job   1 Answer

Driver/Navigator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at 1-800-GOT-JUNK? (Houston, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

Hiring and interviewing was a breeze. I received a call not even three days after my initial application. I showed up in business professional attire, though casual was the norm there. After going through the basic interview process, all six of us were hired on the spot and asked when we could start. I put in for the next day and started the day after the interview.

Driver Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at 1-800-GOT-JUNK?.

Interview

Call for an interview, and looking for to knowing more about the company. I am in the southern region of Georgia and after applying it took 3 days for a call back.

Driver/Navigator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at 1-800-GOT-JUNK? (Cincinnati, OH) in December 2015.

Interview

Brought in by franchisee owner. Went to location and was greeted by a locked door... franchisee owner came to the door and let me in. After waiting in the office for 5-8 min I went in his office. Very relaxed enviroment and standard interview questions ensued. Asked why I would make a good addition to the team. Asked if the pay was okay.

N/A Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at 1-800-GOT-JUNK?.

Interview

Group interview process. Wanted you to dress business casual for a garbage man position...they mainly asked where your from. Have you looked st the website and about the website what you saw. Asked if youve driven a truck before

Anonymous Employee in Somerset, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at 1-800-GOT-JUNK? (Somerset, NJ) in May 2015.

Interview

It was very casual. Business casual is all that is needed. The interviewer was a man in his late 20s who only expected us to move junk into trucks, nothing more. If we said we could do that, the job was hours.

Team Truck Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Brunswick, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at 1-800-GOT-JUNK? (New Brunswick, NJ) in May 2015.

Interview

I sent a resume, then was scheduled for an interview a few days later. After my interview, I was hired within a few days and began working the day after the semester ended.

Interview Questions

• Can you handle carrying heavy furniture for long periods of time?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at 1-800-GOT-JUNK? (Pittsburgh, PA) in April 2015.

Interview

I started with phone interview and a few weeks later I came into the store for an in person group interview. He asked us the typical interview questions. After another couple days I chose to decline the offer, but not because of anything the company did wrong.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maplewood, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at 1-800-GOT-JUNK? (Maplewood, NJ) in March 2015.

Interview

Fairly easy they hire anyone from former drug addicts to gang members to college students. They prefer anyone with a clean and valid drivers license. They wont even hire you if you have no license unless you were referred by an reputable employee. Its just one interview with a manager and the following interview is with the GM or franchise partner.

Navigator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Maplewood, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at 1-800-GOT-JUNK? (Maplewood, NJ) in February 2015.

Interview

You came in to fill out the application then in about 2 days the called you back for the interview asked a few questions then called you in about 2 more day if you got the job.