KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt
Is this your company?

Add an Interview

120VC Interview Questions

Updated Nov 15, 2019

To filter interviews, or .
Found 10 of over 10 interviews

Other11%
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at 120VC

120VC

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at 120VC in Oct 2019

Interview

Several rounds. Interviews with management were very good, focusing on how I might help solve specific problems. Management was enthusiastic and insightful. Went over their formal PM process. Interviews with externals were too vague and hypothetical. Recommendation is that they avoid vague interview questions as they neither provide information to allow assessment on the company or understand how the candidate will add real value to the project.

Interview Questions
  • How do you collect requirements?
    Answer Question

120VC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at 120VC in May 2019

Interview

The Recruiter reached out to me on LinkedIn regarding the position. I was interested in learning more - after we got into the qualifications we both realized I would be too junior for the role but I will keep 120VC on my radar. Positive experience overall. Energetic conversation.

Interview Questions
  • When was your most recent Salesforce implementation experience?

The latest conversations about Consulting

McKinsey & Company

132 Comments

Join the conversation on

120VC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at 120VC in Apr 2019

Interview

I knew I was underqualified for the job, it required 5-8 years Big Four management experience and special softawre knowledge (I had neither) but the recruiter promised me I was a good candidate. After the interviewer basically ate me alive I never received any notifation or email from 120VC. I didn't even apply for the job, a recruiter reached out ot me via LinkedIn. Complete waste of my time.

Interview Questions
3 people found this interview helpful

120VC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at 120VC

Interview

I found the process to be unprofessional and the follow up was poor. I was invited to participate for a interview only to have it cancelled 3 hours before it's scheduled time. I was told the position was filled. I took time off work to participate in this interview.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

120VC

Application

I interviewed at 120VC

Interview

The interview process by 120VC was unique and very helpful. However, the client didn't even know I was coming in despite being on their calendar. If the hiring team is doing remember that you're probably not a priority for them. filling space since they have min word count... more words go here and even more words. filling space since they have min word count... more words go here and even more words. filling space since they have min word count... more words go here and even more words.

Interview Questions
  • Why 120vc Why the client Tell me about yourself What are your weaknesses Tell me about your relevant projects and what you did filling space since they have min word count... more words go here and even more words. filling space since they have min word count... more words go here and even more words. filling space since they have min word count... more words go here and even more words.
5 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6 months. I interviewed at 120VC (New York, NY) in Sep 2014

Interview

My path was unconventional, but reproducible. I met a 120VC recruiter at a PMI chapter meeting, where a 120VC program manager made a presentation. I had just completed my PMP and she told me about the company's charitable training program for people in job transition, which gives people access to training alongside employees. I signed up for the training, a series of nine half-day weekly webinars led by 120VC staff, followed by an exam process toward 120VC certification. In the process I started building relationships with hiring managers. When a position opened early in my training, I got a recruiter phone screen, followed by a phone interview with two program managers. I want to note that the recruiter was extremely helpful in setting up the interview, even helping me test my video-conference capability, never mind that the interviewers opted to skip the video. I was judged not to be a match for that position, but I continued with my training. As I completed my training, having interacted with the very energetic CEO and several other program managers, another position opened. This time, the hiring managers included a Program Manager with whom I had already hit it off. The phone interview included him and one other Program Manager from the team at a key client site. It was a fairly straightforward discussion of my project management experience and what I'd learned in their training. I expected further interviews, but was instead given an offer the next morning. That Program Manager I especially liked is now my boss. I'm told I'm the first hire out of the transition training program, representing a big milestone for the company. I applaud this recruiting strategy. I should say that I was a bit nervous that the whole company was expected to be people with as high energy as the CEO. Luckily, he believes in diversity. I see all sorts of people succeeding in the company.

Interview Questions
  • For me, the most challenging question was describing my expertise with Microsoft Project.
7 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at 120VC (San Diego, CA) in Jun 2014

Interview

Interviewing process is rigorous and detailed. A very good understanding of Critical Path Method of managing projects os necessary. The interviews are held over the phone and also via video conference.

Interview Questions
  • How is critical path determined.
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at 120VC (Washington, DC) in May 2014

Interview

I only went through the interview process which is a great screening process so make sure you're prepared and you don't show up unprepared and tired. They ask you the typical questions about your experience as a Project manager and the projects you have worked on and a walk through some of the processes and some of the tools you have used. I think for me it was MS. Project. Details about tasks and WBS, etc. There were 3 or 4 panelist or interviewers on the phone that could get a bit confusing or overwhelming but I assume if you're well prepared then you're do fine. They do not talk over each other or interrupt.

Interview Questions
  • Nothing out of ordinary. Questions about PM processes and tools.

Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at 120VC (El Segundo, CA) in May 2013

Interview

The process was very quick. From start to offer I had 4 interviews due to the leadership role I played. I was hired within my timetable which was fine with 120VC.

Interview Questions
  • Most unexpected question was what I would do if a client game to 120VC with 5 hours more of work to do when the employee was already working 45 hours a week.
6 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at 120VC (Los Angeles, CA) in Mar 2013

Interview

First contact was with an HR representative and a brief phone screening. Next was a phone interview with the hiring account manager, then an in-person interview with a number of the leadership team.

Interview Questions
  • A questions asked was, Which of the 120 core values do I relate to and why?
Viewing 1 - 10 of 10 Interviews