3 Day Blinds Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3 Day Blinds Interview Questions

Updated Mar 23, 2017

2.0

Design Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at 3 Day Blinds in March 2017.

Interview

First I was interviewed with recruiter and then the Area Manager. I drove over 30 miles for the interviewed at a chain restaurant. Had to complete a computer literacy test.

Interview Questions

• What technique would I use to close a sale at a initial appointment?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative, Call Center Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at 3 Day Blinds (Irvine, CA).

Interview

This was several years ago, but it was your average call center interview. I believe I was interviewed after hours because I don't recall seeing any employees on the floor, unless they were understaffed. The manager seemed impressed by my answers to questions, and my cover letter (I brought a printed copy of my resume/cover letter), but when he noticed all of the jobs that I had listed on my resume, his smile went away, and he became less friendly, and cut the interview short. Basically he didn't bother to ask me about my resume, so I could explain that some of those jobs were part time ones that I had while in undergraduate school, and some temp agency jobs etc.

My suggestion would be to edit your resume, and include less employers if you happen to have too many to avoid having your interview cut short and not offered a job because a call center manager/supervisor didn't bother to read it before hand.

The manager basically wasted my time and gasoline because I applied online, and sent in my resume, which he obviously didn't bother to review. A former, co-worker of mine told me that the call center in Irvine is super micro managed. So looking back, I'm glad that I wasn't given a job offer.

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Juan Capistrano, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at 3 Day Blinds (San Juan Capistrano, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

I have not yet been hired. The pre-interview process included completion of an online questionnaire to determine if my personal attributes meet qualifications for the position. To be honest, I am still in the process of securing a position, however the 3-Day Blinds model meets my interest profile.

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at 3 Day Blinds (Columbus, OH) in January 2016.

Interview

I had a correspondence with the district sales manager about the position to begin with. I rode along on a sales appointment with a seasoned designer. I then met with the Manager for a one on one interview, from there I had a background and a drug test. I finished up with a phone interview with the VP of sales.

Interview Questions

• What drives you and how can you take that push and apply it to the customer experience?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at 3 Day Blinds (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

the human resources recruiter will contact you send the job description to you to review. He will set up an initial in person interview and a computer skill testing. Then you will meet face to face and go on a ride along and then Director of Sales will make an offer

Interview Questions

• How to overcome objections   1 Answer

Design Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at 3 Day Blinds.

Interview

I applied via email and within 6 hours I got a call back and was asked to come in for an interview. The whole process was easy and quick. I worked for them 15 years ago and left and now Im back and wouldn't trade it for the world.

Interview Questions

• There was really no difficult question. Just setting the expectation of what the job was like.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at 3 Day Blinds (Chicago, IL) in January 2015.

Interview

You meet with a district manager to discuss the job and they do answer all questions. They train for 4 weeks. Its a classroom style training and you meet other people starting also from all over. They also have you go with the installers and other design consultants.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at 3 Day Blinds (Irvine, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

I started by applying on line not long after I received a email for a phone interview that went well they then set me up on a face to face interview followed by a second face to face interview the process was very nice and the staff was very friendly and welcoming

Interview Questions

Negotiation

N/a

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at 3 Day Blinds in August 2014.

Interview

Lots of back and forth with different people, mostly over the phone. Was offered the job. Filled out thirty plus pages of personal paperwork. Jumped through hoops to arrange for out of town training. Was advised different locations by different people.
    Spoke with yet another "sales manager" and was advised to expect a 60 hour work week, in order to make the expected goals. I replied that I was expecting a 40 hour work week. A few minutes later I received a phone call revoking my job offer! One of the most unprofessional situations I've ever been in... They disrespect me and my time, before I even started to work there.
    They said to ignore all the negative reviews here on glass door! My opinion, read the reviews, and run don't walk in the other direction.

Interview Questions

• The interview was not difficult for a sales professional.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not an issue, but they revoked the job offer, after I was all set to travel for training!

Anonymous Employee in Anaheim, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at 3 Day Blinds (Anaheim, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

I received a call from a headhunter via phone. Then was instructed to fill out an application online on their website. I spoke to the headhunter probably 3-4 times before I was scheduled to meet with the regional manager. Then once I met with the manager, the headhunter called me several days later with a job offer. After receiving the offer, the headhunter arranged the training dates for me.

Interview Questions

• Asked about sales experience. Interviewed with headhunter first and then they set up an appointment with a regional. Sat with manager for 3 hours at a neutral location and I interviewed her. I wanted to make sure we weren't wasting each others time. I'm very straight forward. Looking back, she closed me. Convinced me how much money was to be made. FYI. if you make a mistake and you will on the measurements the company takes it out of future commissions. Meaning if you have a $5,000 job screw up. They will expect you to pay for it. You're trained for 4-6 weeks and expected to not make mistakes....   Answer Question