3Sharp Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 10, 2018

2.7

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at 3Sharp (Redmond, WA) in April 2015.

Interview

Interview process is very clean and simple. 1 Telephonic round with HR. But expect some technical questions too on Design Patterns and Platform on which you are strong. 2 Technical F2F round with one Dev Manager and Sr. Engineer. 1 Behaviour round and final discussion with CEO on telephone.

Interview Questions

• Questions on problem solving on white board, OOPS, Design Patterns and on technologies you are strong and confident.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at 3Sharp.

Interview

1. Phone call with HR
    2. Phone call with Dev Manager (mostly technical)
    3. On-site interview:
    - Senior Dev, he asked mostly knowledge questions related to .NET
    - Senior Dev, more knowledge questions and an easy whiteboard coding problem
    - Project Manager, behavioral
    - CEO, behavioral
    - Dev Manager, some easy technical questions and casual conversation
    - HR, we talked about what I thought of the interview/company and I got to ask questions

I was told that the first two sessions would be whiteboard heavy but they turned out to be mostly knowledge questions.
    Topics include:
    - Simple programming exercises
    - OOPS
    - Design patterns
    - Questions related to the technologies they use

3Sharp paid for my travel and stay in a nice hotel room.
    The overall process was smooth and everyone I talked to was nice and professional.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at 3Sharp (Seattle, WA).

Interview

After initial phone screen from HR, there was a pleasant interview process - met about 7 very nice people over 2 separate days. Typical interviews asking about career aspirations, past experience, and one or two scenario-based questions "What would you do if...". One or two questions about specific project management methodologies. Interviews were quite short, 30-45 minutes each.

Interview Questions

• What do you think about Agile (compared to traditional waterfall Project Management)?   Answer Question

Technical Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at 3Sharp (Redmond, WA).

Interview

Very friendly meetings with a long list of employees - proves 3sharp values the whole team's input, the right fit, and maintaining a positive culture. Phone screen led to a half day of meetings with 5 people. Within 1 week invited back for second interview for a particular project, which led to full time job offer after 6 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Describe script story development, writing, and demo building steps.   Answer Question

Technical Marketing Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at 3Sharp (Redmond, WV) in March 2017.

Interview

This is a role primarily focused on helping 3Sharp build demos for Microsoft. My background includes 12 years at Microsoft as a Senior Product Manager. I have extensive experience building demos for Microsoft.

I had a screening interview with HR, and a follow-up interview with the hiring manager, who invited me to come in for a formal loop.

I thought about what I'd learned in the two interviews thus far, and told him I wanted to respect their time and mine, and if the job was deeply technical, we should probaby skip the loop, because the Windows and Exchange demos I had built for Microsoft typically focused more on business benefits than technical issues. He said not to worry about it, and invited me to come in anyway. So I looped all afternoon with various team members.

Several days later, HR emailed me and said they wouldn't be extending an offer, because I didn't appear to have the technical qualifications for the role. Oh really? See anything wrong with this picture? A full afternoon wasted. A word to the wise: don't make the same mistake I did in thinking these people know what they're doing.

Interview Questions

• Describe some of the demos you've created for Microsoft   Answer Question

Technical Marketing Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at 3Sharp (Redmond, WA) in May 2018.

Interview

Phone interview covered both work experience and technical skills. Was concerned based on questions that I didn't have some technical skills needed.
    Interview loop of 5 people from management and others.
    Asked a lot of customer communication and problem-solving questions.
    Asked to simulate how one would talk about using the software.
    In the end, here is comes down to creativity and attitude.
    The products they work on are always changing so technical skills have to be learned as needed, but everyone here is positive, detailed oriented and creative in how they solve problems.

Interview Questions

• What questions would you ask customer to help define the needs of their demo project   Answer Question