3Sharp Reviews | Glassdoor

4.8
3Sharp Founding Partner Peter Kelly
Peter Kelly

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Best company ever!!!!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

I have been working at 3Sharp full-time (More than a year)

Pros

3Sharp is a great place to work. Great leaders, great culture and great people. This also been the best place that I ever worked, awesome teamwork, always more than happy to help with whatever you need. Working for 3Sharp has helped me develop my professional skills and grow in my career.

Pros:
    Growth
    Great teamwork and collaboration
    Good benefits
    Happy environment
    Amazing owners

Cons

There is lack of parking but that seems to be an issue in this area.

Oct 12, 2018 – Founder

Thank you for this awesome review. It’s people like YOU that make this place what it is.

"Best company culture!"

I have been working at 3Sharp full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

-One of the best companies I've worked for: strong culture exemplified through the people working together towards a common goal with support,
    respect, and recognition for one another
    -Founders are truly genuine, great people who support their employees and lead by example
    -Integrity and transparency are practiced throughout the company, employees are encouraged to have an active voice in key decisions
    -A place where you can grow and develop your career through training and mentorship
    -Work/life balance with flexible working options
    -Great benefits: Insurance, Profit Sharing opportunities, 401K

Cons

-need to be able to set clear expectations and say no when tasks/milestone aren't feasible

Oct 12, 2018 – Founder

Thank you for this review! We are very lucky to have folks like you contributing to our shared culture. PS: Our new project delivery guidelines for Project Managers will hopefully help with more... More

"Great Culture in a Growing Atmosphere with Engaging Challenges"

I have been working at 3Sharp full-time

Pros

- We also get to work on some fascinating pieces of work that challenge, not only in regards to handling new tech, but also forging paths with little guidance. It is an incredible experience to take on these challenges, as well as watch the results of others and their paths.

- There is a strong sense of shared ownership.

- With the company growing as it is, most employees have the opportunity to help shape their personal career path. If you are passionate about a particular topic, focus area, etc - the company will support to meet this passion however it can.

- I would say the management is also a plus. They genuinely care for their employees and it shows with each and every action decision that is made.

Cons

- Only thing I could mention here is some of the growing pains due to the exponential growth that is being experienced. I, however, see this more as an opportunity. As the company continues to refine its structure, processes, etc - I fully expect most of any pains to subside.

Advice to Management

- Stay the course....onwards and upwards!

Oct 12, 2018 – Founder

Thank you for this review! It is awesome that we get to be on the cutting edge of technology. We are glad you feel the same way. Thanks for all you do.

4. "Supportive Employer"

Current Employee - Senior Technical Consultant in Everett, WA
    Current Employee - Senior Technical Consultant in Everett, WA

I have been working at 3Sharp full-time (More than a year)

Pros

* Management chain is genuinely interested in investing in the individual employees growth and well being.
    * Team Building and co-operative work is highly regarded.
    * Management is very supportive of any suggestions and take individual feedback about company procedures and practices to ensure that the company is doing the right thing, not just in business but for the employees as well.
    * Great Snacks!

Cons

* Parking sucks.
    * Context Switching is a thing, and it happens a lot. (they are working on this)

Advice to Management

keep doing the right thing. keep investing in the company and the people within it.

Oct 12, 2018 – Founder

Thank you for leaving this feedback! We love that you’re calling out the team building and co-operative work style. We win as a team or not as all! PS – RE: snacks. Can you believe the chocolate... More

"A company you can grow with"

Current Employee - Technical Lead
    Current Employee - Technical Lead

I have been working at 3Sharp full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Leadership has open communication with employees with just about every aspect of the company. From going over company finances, to career growth opportunities and training. 3Sharp works closely with industry-leading tech companies to create comprehensive technical demos so your daily job includes working with breakthrough technologies. Managers are receptive to requests pertaining to career growth and will work to find ways that 3Sharp can incorporate that into also benefiting the company.

Cons

Even though we demo all the latest technologies, we are slow to adopt them internally at times.

Advice to Management

Keep listening to your employees, they appreciate it.

Oct 12, 2018 – Founder

Thank you for so clearly defining the work that we do. We aim to do better at adopting those technologies internally – keep an eye out for the “Teams” Tuesday training that is coming up this month... More

"A brilliant blend of professionality and fun"

I have been working at 3Sharp full-time

Pros

Great leadership, amazing coworkers, a light-hearted environment where we all get to enjoy our work.

Cons

Stuck in some old habits, but that's the case with any company that's been around awhile.

Advice to Management

If you're going to grow, you need to push more and more responsibility downstream. Maintain a bias for trusting your employees with bigger and bigger tasks.

Oct 12, 2018 – Founder

AMEN! We appreciate you taking the time to leave this review! Keep the honest feedback coming!

7. "Excellent culture, but some growing pains"

I have been working at 3Sharp full-time

Pros

3Sharp is a great place to work. The culture and collaborative atmosphere is fantastic and everyone feels equally committed to getting work done, but it's also a place with a ping-pong table (a questionable perk in most companies) where employees are actively encouraged to take breaks and play a game.

Salaries are good across all roles and the benefits are excellent, especially for the size of the company. Leadership is extremely transparent about their finances and how those feed into the quarterly profit-sharing bonuses.

Though the company is still small there are plenty of opportunities for internal growth, and it often only takes a few years for a capable employee to go from an entry-level position to owning major business opportunities -- with salary to match.

Cons

- much of the company's business is dependent on contracts with specific teams or people inside large companies, which shift and change priorities due to business needs and office politics. Despite this inherent instability 3Sharp as a company has remained quite stable, and even grown consistently, but the risk is always there.
    - those contacts alternate between desperately needing everything you can give them and making constant demands on your time, and completely ignoring you because they have bigger priorities. Often the former happens when you're busy while the latter happens when you don't know what you're supposed to be doing.
    - 3Sharp is rarely the big dog in contract work and often ends up saddled with scope creep that was well outside the initial project, but what are you gonna do.
    - related to the above but there will always be a few projects that were scoped to "build business", which means they'll go well over-budget and require substantial extra work from everyone involved for an effort that may or may not result in future business.

Oct 12, 2018 – Founder

Thank you for providing this feedback! We are working on initiatives to address the issues you mentioned, and hope that you’ll continue to provide specific feedback on how we can continue to improve.

"Great company to work for"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Redmond, WA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Redmond, WA

I have been working at 3Sharp full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Nice company culture
    Great transparency and insights on the company health
    Challenging work
    Great team and awesome management
    Good pay and benefits
    Great learning scope
    Fun work place and work flexibility
    Fun activities, team outings and company outings
    Good team work

Cons

Little unbalance on the work load
    Lacking better planning and execution

Advice to Management

Keep the great work and eliminate inefficiencies

Oct 12, 2018 – Founder

Thank you for this review! We appreciate your honest feedback and are glad you enjoy working here. We’re lucky to have you as part of the team!

"Company with a Heart"

Current Employee - Solutions Consultant in Redmond, WA
    Current Employee - Solutions Consultant in Redmond, WA

I have been working at 3Sharp full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great group of extremely talented people with a wide array of skills and experience. Senior leadership is approachable, transparent, and values the people getting the job done in the trenches. In general, good work/life balance though there are crunches from time to time. Good time and opportunities to advance as the company continues to grow, and management prefers to promote from within. Lots of perks to make your day better or help reduce stress during crunch times. Not all business ... the company actively makes time to have fun together.

Cons

No workplace is perfect ... your mileage may vary.

Advice to Management

Continue to lead with heart, integrity, and passion ... we will follow!

Oct 12, 2018 – Founder

Awww… thank you so much for this review. We promise we will continue onward with heart, integrity and passion. Perhaps, at some point, you’ll be leading us!

10. "Growing Pains"

I have been working at 3Sharp full-time

Pros

The company is always looking to grow and is hungry for new business and leads.
    3Sharp has the flexibility to meet the needs of their customers within a very short timeline.

Cons

Emotions run high when projects are underway.
    Some people who has been promoted to management are too involved with the day to day work to focus on good employee management.

Advice to Management

Focus more on managing employees than managing the work as that is what your employees are for.

Oct 12, 2018 – Founder

Thank you for your honesty in this feedback. We agree that we need to work on freeing our managers up to focus more on management tasks and less on day-to-day delivery, and we have ongoing efforts to... More