3Sharp Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.7
Peter Kelly

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Wonderful people, excellent leadership, engaging environment (and work)!"

I have been working at 3Sharp full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

As others have said, I really appreciate the transparency of the leadership at 3Sharp, it really helps me feel like I am part of a family. The people that work at 3Sharp are brilliant, funny, passionate, and supportive of their colleagues. The work itself is challenging and interesting and the work culture is generally wonderful.

Cons

Parking is a problem, but it isn't really 3Sharp's fault, it is a city wide issue.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing! And as we face new challenges and directions, keep inviting us to share our input into the process and direction of our company.

2. "Worked in the company less than a year - new to the small company life."

I have been working at 3Sharp full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great family feel - can get to know everyone if you want and attitude is positive. This is something that was missing working for a big company as just being a number among many. Transparency of the company and its direction is definite real plus. Profit sharing!

Cons

Juggling the daily tasks/projects to fill your day ( as was stated before ) gets to be a real challenge. In the juggle your focus on projects takes finesse that I've not encountered in prior jobs.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

3. "Love the transparency!"

I have been working at 3Sharp full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

My favorite thing about working here is the transparency. Senior Leadership really sees the value in involving the entire company in major decisions, because they realize a diversity of viewpoints is what will help drive the business to success. Everyone that I work with here is friendly, helpful, and driven, and it makes it easy to jump on board and feel invested in company success. It's a fun environment that celebrates successes and wants everyone to feel a part of the bigger picture.

Cons

Like everyone else, parking is an issue, but this is really a city-wide problem instead of a 3Sharp one. Also would echo the growing pains comments, the company is having to examine current processes to make sure that we are scaling for growth.

Advice to Management

Continue to keep us informed and to work on scaling for growth. I'm excited to see where 3Sharp goes in the next few months and years!

4. "Great People, Strong Management"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

I have been working at 3Sharp full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Overall, the people at 3Sharp are some of the best I've ever worked with - smart, kind, quirky, and passionate. They're the kind of people that give it 110%, whether on their project work or a personal passion outside of the office. The management team is committed to keeping this high bar for new hires, even as we are quickly growing, which should help our great collaborative culture stay strong. Paid time off is great,401k match, profit sharing, work environment and food perks are great - but most important is the work style. People aren't forced to "stay in their lane" here - you're encouraged to understand the strategic vision and find ways to contribute to that. Managers work hard to improve their own skills, they don't hover over you, and all employees are eager to share their knowledge if you need help with something.

Cons

Parking is annoying when you have to find a spot on the street. Company is figuring out processes and structures as it's growing, which can lead to some ambiguity as to who/how something should be done.

Advice to Management

You're doing great! Make sure you build internal structure and process as quickly as we grow our numbers.

5. "Great Place to Work!"

I have been working at 3Sharp part-time

Pros

I am a recent hire to 3Sharp, and am enjoying it very much so far. It is obvious that employee comfort and morale is a priority for 3Sharp, and that has made integration very easy. The people here are great, and the 3Sharp community has made this experience very enjoyable.

Cons

Parking is a pain.

Advice to Management

I would recommend setting up a set a procedures for whenever there is a new hire, in order to get them situated and to prevent integration from feeling sporadic and last minute.

6. "Technical Marketing Lead"

I have been working at 3Sharp full-time

Pros

Fun AND intelligent bunch. Nice balance of intense work and social interaction. The BEST benefits and culture.

Cons

Location is the only thing I'd change, but that's only my personal preference. Great office space anyway.

Advice to Management

Stay on point to scale up while maintaining culture and awesome client service. So far, management is doing everything right.

Jun 22, 2018 – Founder

Thanks for this awesome review! We love our current location but understand that there might be some issues we need to address as we grow. Stay tuned for a feedback poll on what our employees want to... More

7. "Fantastic place to work!"

I have been working at 3Sharp full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There are many pros to working at 3Sharp. Aside from all the little things, lunches, ping pong and seemingly endless amounts of caffeine, the people and culture is what I enjoy the most. I also truly love what I do and that makes a huge difference.

There's downsides to every job but it's apparent this company puts its employees first. What's better, is that 3Sharp encourages people to be who they are and does what they can to make sure that everyone is happy, or at least heard when things aren't going well.

Another pro would be the option to work remotely when needed. It's no big deal if you have doctors appointments or your child is sick. A lot of people actually dedicate one day out of the week to work from home. It makes those chaotic months a little easier knowing that every so often I can do my work in the comfort of my house.

The team atmosphere in the office is a plus as well. Even if we're split into different little teams, we all come together to get things done. I think it helps when everyone respects one another, and values each person and their role.

Cons

The cons would simply be that the workload does get a little hard to juggle. For months you might be working at full speed without an end in sight. It's easy to burn out when there is so much going on but like I said before, the company wants you to have work life balance, they want your time in the office to be enjoyable, so even during rough months, it's really not so bad.

Advice to Management

There needs to be a better, more refined on boarding guide. Other than that, I really have no advice. Management is great, kind and patient.

Jun 22, 2018 – Founder

Thank you for this thoughtful review! We love the way our employees work together and contribute to the larger goals of our team. We are actively working to develop processes to help us scale as we... More

8. "Transparency and work/life balance"

I have been working at 3Sharp full-time

Pros

Lots of really smart people work here, leadership is committed to being as transparent as possible, work/life balance is something everyone is committed to (with some exceptions here and there due to client requirements).

Cons

The company has some big goals in mind, so proper scaling will be critical. At times, the company may have been a little too conservative in bringing new people onboard, but it's something leadership is aware of and working on.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

Jun 22, 2018 – Founder

We appreciate you taking the time to leave this review! We have been working on improving our onboarding process in the last few months and hope that newer employees will see this paying off. As... More

9. "Sharpie culture is one of a kind!"

I have been working at 3Sharp full-time

Pros

The work is interesting, but the culture is what makes 3Sharp a great company to work for. Team events, company events, work/life balance...everyone enjoys spending time together. The leadership team actively participates in the culture, constantly taking suggestions and feedback from the employees.

Cons

At the moment, we are experiencing growing pains, shifting from a tiny company to small/medium sized company. As I mentioned though, the leadership team does a great job in keeping tabs on morale.

Advice to Management

Keep on keepin' on.

Jun 22, 2018 – Founder

Thank you for this review! We love our Sharpie culture and all our Sharpies too. We want to make sure that as we grow, we keep our fun culture going, so please continue to provide feedback through... More

10. "3Sharp Snaps"

I have been working at 3Sharp full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Some of the whip smartest, funniest, kindest humans to work with

Cons

Salary is on the low end but that's probably my fault

Jun 22, 2018 – Founder

Thank you for this review, we like working with you too! We know the Seattle tech market is very competitive, and we regularly monitor compensation trends to make sure we’re keeping up with our... More