ABF Freight Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 8, 2017

2.8

Operations Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ABF Freight (Tucson, AZ) in October 2017.

Interview

General interview question. Reviewed my previous jobs. Provided detailed information about ABF Freight. I was called back for a second interview but it took three weeks. They reviewed my background & HR would not call Indiana Unemployment to very me receiving unemployment. The HR department is very difficult to work with.

Interview Questions

• General interview questions. But, it was made clear that it was a part time position and would never become a full time position. I was asked if I would be okay with that?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ABF Freight.

Interview

The interview process included two different interviews. The first was face-to-face and included generic questions. The second was a couple months later with one of the Regional Vice Presidents and was over the phone. That interview was slightly longer and had slightly tougher and more personal questions. I was given a decision approximately a month after my second interview.

Interview Questions

• How would your former coworkers describe you as a leader?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nacogdoches, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ABF Freight (Nacogdoches, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

About an hour long, though we were discussing his career and experience in the company as well. He was a Houston Terminal hiring manager who expressed how important the Trainee position is to anyone who wants to move up in the company. He was very nice, and the questions were manageable.

Interview Questions

• What is a typical work week? Go through the days and tell me what you do.   1 Answer
    • Mastercard expense account. If I applied, would I be able to get it?   1 Answer
    • Describe a time where you had to make a difficult decision.   Answer Question
    • Tell me something about yourself that isn't on your resume   Answer Question
    • Are you reading anything outside of school?   1 Answer

Site Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ABF Freight (Saint Louis, MO) in April 2017.

Interview

The manager when through a formal list of questions, behavior based analysis type of questions. Very formal and very straight forward. There was no tour of the facility. There was ample time for me to ask questions and inquire about the position.

Interview Questions

• What was the worst job that you've had?   1 Answer

Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ABF Freight.

Interview

I was offered an interview at my college's career fair. The recruiter was friendly and we got along well. Upper management is friendly as well. The process took 4 months total. Questions are as described on here.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Be yourself. The company wants individuals who are genuine and willing to work hard.

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ABF Freight (Milwaukee, WI) in November 2016.

Interview

I thought the interview process was very good. The people at ABF were very friendly. The interview process is a little bit lengthy, all in all it was a great experience

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at ABF Freight (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

Went to career fair, had an interview immediately after speaking to the career fair rep and interviewed on campus the following day. Interview process was casual, interviewer was straightforward and professional.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at ABF Freight.

Interview

Applied online, completed two phone interviews and then in person. Interview questions were straight forward, I was lead to believe that I had the position. I was told "it's a go" but then didn't hear from them for a week. After several calls they finally told me that they were forced by upper management to hire "a local".

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself professionally in five years?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ABF Freight (Provo, UT) in October 2016.

Interview

I found out through my university's career center and applied there as well. We met one on one in an interview room for 30 minutes as he asked me basic interview questions as well reviewed my resume. At the end he had time to answer all of my questions.

Interview Questions

• They ask about your strengths and weaknesses as well as positive and negative experiences at work.   Answer Question

Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Murfreesboro, TN

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ABF Freight (Murfreesboro, TN) in October 2016.

Interview

You have an intial interview with the district sales manager, then interview with 2 regional VPs of sales and operations. Then you have a background check that is very detailed.

Interview Questions

• How to lead millennials and how to lead someone who has worked at the company the amount of time you've been alive.   Answer Question