ABIOMED Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ABIOMED Interview Questions

Updated Apr 12, 2017

3.2

Production Engineering Co-op Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ABIOMED.

Interview

In all, there were 3 rounds. In the first round itself, I was asked to answer technical and behavioral questions. The second round was just a basic phone discussion while in the third round I was asked deep technical questions on my resume.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to join Abiomed?   1 Answer

Senior Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ABIOMED.

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter, phone interview with manager, onsite with many people.
    It was a good interview, everyone seemed upbeat, I saw a great video at the beginning, everyone was consistent and knowledgeable and nice. I liked the people, the questions we ok, some were hard, some were easy, no real surprises. Phone interviews were more difficult and directed, than the onsite interviews which was interesting. They certainly had specific things they wanted to get through on the phone screens.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about a project I was on, and asked me many questions about that project, going deeper and deeper with each question.   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Danvers, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ABIOMED (Danvers, MA) in January 2017.

Interview

Interview started with phone screen from recruiter followed promptly by in person interviews with hiring manager and team members. In person interviews were typically 30-45 minutes and were conversational in nature. Interview included a company overview and facility walk through.

Interview Questions

• Explain why you are applying for this position and how your past experience or qualities uniquely qualify you for this position.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at ABIOMED (New York, NY).

Interview

Communication was prompt. HR was professional and knowledgable about the role and company. Sounds like a great place to work. I will keep an eye out for future opportunities that I might be suited for.

Supplier Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ABIOMED (Boston, MA) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied through my college careers website. Got a call from HR. Had a phone interview for 45 minutes. Got selected for onsite interview. There were 2 rounds of technical interviews. One lasted for half hours with supply chain manager another lasted for 45 mins with supplier engineer followed by a plant visit.

Interview Questions

• Work experience, background, specific questions on resume.   Answer Question

Senior Advanced Test Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Danvers, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at ABIOMED (Danvers, MA) in August 2016.

Interview

First, a recruiter phone interview, then two additional phone interviews, and finally one in-person interview with six different interviewers. One of the worst and longest interview processes I've ever encountered.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to accept a position that was not the one I interviewed for.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Danvers, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ABIOMED (Danvers, MA) in June 2016.

Interview

Great experience, recruiter is excellent, mission of the company very clear. Researching company ahead of time is vital. Come prepared, bring energy and examples. This is a professional atmosphere. Dress and present professionally

Interview Questions

• What do you already know about Abiomed   1 Answer

Impressive Company With A Great Purpose Interview

Anonymous Employee in Danvers, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ABIOMED (Danvers, MA) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview process was well run and very informative. The interviewers asked relevant and insightful questions regarding my background and its fit for the position. I also learned a lot about the companies culture and its business purpose throughout the selection process. The people I meet were very friendly and very committed to the objectives of the company.

Interview Questions

• How would you plan and approach your job in the first 30 days?   Answer Question

Senior Production Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Danvers, MA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ABIOMED (Danvers, MA) in February 2016.

Interview

During the on-site interview, I met with human resources, two engineers, and the hiring manager. I learned a lot about the company's outlook and culture. The interviewers asked relevant questions and also gave me a good idea of what to expect if I join the company. The interviewers seem to care a lot about the company's mission and are excited about the continued growth. It was clear from the conversations that the company cares about its employees' personal growth.

Interview Questions

• Looking back at a past project you led, what would you have done differently?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ABIOMED (Boston, MA) in June 2015.

Interview

I interviewed with three engineers, no HR. Interviewers went through my resume and asked about coursework and previous experience, along with projects related to the job. Lastly there were some technical C programming questions asked. Towards the end, interviewers showed me the products and walked me through how it works and it benefits, which was great information. Overall, the interview process was quick and efficient.