ABIOMED Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at ABIOMED

1. Featured Interview

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Danvers, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ABIOMED (Danvers, MA) in June 2016.

Interview

Great experience, recruiter is excellent, mission of the company very clear. Researching company ahead of time is vital. Come prepared, bring energy and examples. This is a professional atmosphere. Dress and present professionally

Interview Questions

• What do you already know about Abiomed   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Interview

They called me for an on site interview and asked me mostly about the experience I listed on my resume. the people at abiomed were accommodating. It was a lengthy interview.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ABIOMED (Boston, MA) in June 2015.

Interview

I interviewed with three engineers, no HR. Interviewers went through my resume and asked about coursework and previous experience, along with projects related to the job. Lastly there were some technical C programming questions asked. Towards the end, interviewers showed me the products and walked me through how it works and it benefits, which was great information. Overall, the interview process was quick and efficient.

Buyer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Danvers, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at ABIOMED (Danvers, MA).

Interview

Met with HR, Hiring manager and next level manager. I was kept waiting for about 20 minutes and recieved no appology. Found both managers to be a bit arrogant, Hirering mgr was very intelegent, and i thought i could learn from him.

Interview Questions

• Asked if i knew stock costs, and yearly revenue of company   Answer Question

Negotiation

very easy, made a very reasonable offer. was able to negotiate move vacation.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at ABIOMED (New York, NY).

Interview

Communication was prompt. HR was professional and knowledgable about the role and company. Sounds like a great place to work. I will keep an eye out for future opportunities that I might be suited for.

Senior Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Danvers, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ABIOMED (Danvers, MA) in November 2012.

Interview

The company is very paranoid, Interviews are conducted mostly in a conference room off the lobby or right next door in the HR department. You do not even get a look at the product until after the second interview. Only during the third interview did I get a look at the facility.

Interview Questions

• One of the Engineers interviewing me threw a bunch of miscellaneous electrical, mechanical, and pneumatic parts on the table and asked me to identify all of them. He never did state what he was trying to find out through this test.
      Interviewers were most interested in what you would do to make their job easier. So be sure you know how you would best support each group.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not much opportunity to negotiate, they had a fixed salary in mind and only deduct from there based upon your experience.

Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Danvers, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at ABIOMED (Danvers, MA).

Interview

Pretty much standard interview process. First, the regular call interview and then two other interviews with HR and Department heads. After the 3 separate interviews, no more communications from the company HR contact. VERY unprofessional...

Senior Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Danvers, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ABIOMED (Danvers, MA) in August 2016.

Interview

After a phone interview with the hiring manager and another with a recruiting manager, I was invited for a day of in-person interviews, all of which seemed to go very well.
    Three weeks later, the hiring manager reached out to me saying that the Company wanted to keep my candidacy alive while they interviewed other candidates. To do so, they offered a for-pay consulting project, which I agreed to. Another three weeks passed before a draft of a consulting agreement was sent for my review, comments and questions.
    I responded in a timely manner, with just a handful immaterial comments as well as several questions to help me define the scope of the project (which was necessary to estimate the time I would invest in the project, and ergo the cost to the Company).
    I never heard a word back. Repeated follow-on attempts to reach both the hiring manager and the recruiting manager went unanswered.
    It left me thinking the Company never engaged with me in good faith. Very disappointing and inappropriate behavior.

Interview Questions

• How do I measure performance or progress in the bio/clinical field?   Answer Question
    • How has the venture investment market changed in recent history and where is the market today?   Answer Question

Accountant Interview

Interview

ABIOMED will post open jobs on their website and ask you to use their online system to apply in order to submit your resume and cover letter. You will waste your time crafting a customized cover letter for the position you're interested in and submit your application. ABIOMED will send you a automated response confirming they received your submission. Then, you will NEVER hear back again - not even a scripted "we went with someone else".

It's rude and unprofessional that they cannot even take a few seconds to send an automated response to rejected candidates who took the time to apply.

Supplier Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ABIOMED (Boston, MA) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied through my college careers website. Got a call from HR. Had a phone interview for 45 minutes. Got selected for onsite interview. There were 2 rounds of technical interviews. One lasted for half hours with supply chain manager another lasted for 45 mins with supplier engineer followed by a plant visit.

Interview Questions

• Work experience, background, specific questions on resume.   Answer Question

Supply Chain Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ABIOMED in March 2018.

Interview

Welcoming Professionals.
    Tour of the site followed by interview.
    We were many students interviewing for various open positions.
    Mostly technical interview with focus on resume and skills.
    Projects and leadership roles were also asked.