ABIOMED Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ABIOMED Interview Questions

Updated Nov 5, 2017

3.1

Mechanical Design Co-Op Interview

Interview

I applied through the university job portal and got a call for an initial on-campus screening and after that for an on-site interview. Both interviews went well but they never contacted me with an offer or a rejection. I got no replies when I asked for an update from the HR and the interviewers.

Accountant Interview

Interview

ABIOMED will post open jobs on their website and ask you to use their online system to apply in order to submit your resume and cover letter. You will waste your time crafting a customized cover letter for the position you're interested in and submit your application. ABIOMED will send you a automated response confirming they received your submission. Then, you will NEVER hear back again - not even a scripted "we went with someone else".

It's rude and unprofessional that they cannot even take a few seconds to send an automated response to rejected candidates who took the time to apply.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Danvers, MA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ABIOMED (Danvers, MA).

Interview

The first step was a phone screen with an HR manager. I interviewed with about 8 people over 2 separate days. The process was pretty quick - I didn't drag out at all.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Interview

They called me for an on site interview and asked me mostly about the experience I listed on my resume. the people at abiomed were accommodating. It was a lengthy interview.

Production Engineering Co-op Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ABIOMED.

Interview

In all, there were 3 rounds. In the first round itself, I was asked to answer technical and behavioral questions. The second round was just a basic phone discussion while in the third round I was asked deep technical questions on my resume.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to join Abiomed?   1 Answer

Senior Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ABIOMED.

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter, phone interview with manager, onsite with many people.
    It was a good interview, everyone seemed upbeat, I saw a great video at the beginning, everyone was consistent and knowledgeable and nice. I liked the people, the questions we ok, some were hard, some were easy, no real surprises. Phone interviews were more difficult and directed, than the onsite interviews which was interesting. They certainly had specific things they wanted to get through on the phone screens.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about a project I was on, and asked me many questions about that project, going deeper and deeper with each question.   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Danvers, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ABIOMED (Danvers, MA) in January 2017.

Interview

Interview started with phone screen from recruiter followed promptly by in person interviews with hiring manager and team members. In person interviews were typically 30-45 minutes and were conversational in nature. Interview included a company overview and facility walk through.

Interview Questions

• Explain why you are applying for this position and how your past experience or qualities uniquely qualify you for this position.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at ABIOMED (New York, NY).

Interview

Communication was prompt. HR was professional and knowledgable about the role and company. Sounds like a great place to work. I will keep an eye out for future opportunities that I might be suited for.

Supplier Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ABIOMED (Boston, MA) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied through my college careers website. Got a call from HR. Had a phone interview for 45 minutes. Got selected for onsite interview. There were 2 rounds of technical interviews. One lasted for half hours with supply chain manager another lasted for 45 mins with supplier engineer followed by a plant visit.

Interview Questions

• Work experience, background, specific questions on resume.   Answer Question

Senior Advanced Test Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Danvers, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at ABIOMED (Danvers, MA) in August 2016.

Interview

First, a recruiter phone interview, then two additional phone interviews, and finally one in-person interview with six different interviewers. One of the worst and longest interview processes I've ever encountered.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to accept a position that was not the one I interviewed for.   Answer Question