AFSC Interview Questions | Glassdoor

AFSC Interview Questions

Updated Dec 14, 2017

2.2

Job Readiness Counselor Interview

Application

The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at AFSC.

Interview

Contacted by recruiter who made me feel that I had what they were looking for. Expected start date passed , did phone interview with hiring managers, and was eventually told they wanted someone with military experience.

Victem Advocate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AFSC in August 2017.

Interview

It involved a couple of people on the telephone. After that there was a follow up interview that was in person. This a a very nice interview that made me feel at home, respected and able to talk about the papers I brought.

Interview Questions

• there were a lot of questions that focused on the hotline and being able to handle the flexibility required to manage 24/7 telephone availability.   1 Answer
    • Can you work independently and serve both the contractor and the government with excellence?   Answer Question
    • What are examples of advocacy in your work? How did you advocate?   Answer Question
    • Describe how you have handled challenging clients/citizens?   Answer Question

Parent Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport News, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AFSC (Newport News, VA) in June 2017.

Interview

Very long and misleading. Interviewer seemed very interested in moving forward. Stated that he would call in a week either way. He never called never returned my call. Very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Describe your experience working with "at risk" children and families.   Answer Question

Interview

It was an unusual circumstance as this company was taking over a Navy contract and was essentially doing brief meetings to offer jobs to most employees already working on the contract with the new contractor.

State Community Support Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AFSC (Arlington, VA) in January 2017.

Interview

Brief telephonic interview - very pleasant - followed by an offer within a few days - they explained what would be involved in obtaining a Common Access Card and the general parameters of the job

Interview Questions

• How do you work on your own?   1 Answer

Clinical Therapist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ventura, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at AFSC (Ventura, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

I spoke with the recruiter via phone for about 15 mins. Prior to that, he and I exchanged emails with regard to my reasons for applying, salary range and goals in the job. Then, when we spoke, he wanted to discuss these same things. It was very informal (in a good way) and I could tell thay he wanted to find the right placement for me.
    It was a great experience.

Education Services Facilitator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at AFSC (Norfolk, VA).

Interview

The interview process was exceptional due to the demeanor of the regional program manager. He was personable and in tune with the personality of those he interviewed. The job interview had two supplemental reviews by the senior project manager and the site manager. Asked the interviewer about the salary during interview but he was not allowed to talk about money. He was aware of the salary range but believed that the recruiter had already discussed it with me before the interview. She had but it made no sense to negotiate salary before interviewing. The interview went well but the salary did not line up with job requirements. I offered to work part time for half the salary but my offer did not match their hiring goals.

Interview Questions

• What organizations were available to help Veterans?   1 Answer

I declined full time offer due to salary but offered to work part-time but got no response.

Recovery Care Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at AFSC (Palo Alto, CA).

Interview

I had a number of phone interviews with my future supervisor. It was very professional and I felt that she spent a lot of time getting to know me as a person.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a Recovery Care Coordinator.   1 Answer

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AFSC (Arlington, VA) in June 2016.

Interview

Used a recruiter. The recruiter and the management team did not seem to communicate well regarding offer letter, timing of start date, the benefits available, the cost of benefits. I would ask for clarity in regard to any benefits you need, their cost and when your start date will be in writing.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my work history and how it compares to the position for which I was interviewing.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AFSC.

Interview

The process went very quick. Applied and recieved a call the next day from recruiter for an initial screening interview. Interviewed with manager following week and was referred to hiring manager.