AFSC Interview Questions | Glassdoor

AFSC Interview Questions

Updated Apr 21, 2017

2.1

Financial Counselor Interview

Interview

It was an unusual circumstance as this company was taking over a Navy contract and was essentially doing brief meetings to offer jobs to most employees already working on the contract with the new contractor.

Interview Questions

• Will you come work for us?   1 Answer

Clinical Therapist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ventura, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at AFSC (Ventura, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

I spoke with the recruiter via phone for about 15 mins. Prior to that, he and I exchanged emails with regard to my reasons for applying, salary range and goals in the job. Then, when we spoke, he wanted to discuss these same things. It was very informal (in a good way) and I could tell thay he wanted to find the right placement for me.
    It was a great experience.

Education Services Facilitator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at AFSC (Norfolk, VA).

Interview

The interview process was exceptional due to the demeanor of the regional program manager. He was personable and in tune with the personality of those he interviewed. The job interview had two supplemental reviews by the senior project manager and the site manager. Asked the interviewer about the salary during interview but he was not allowed to talk about money. He was aware of the salary range but believed that the recruiter had already discussed it with me before the interview. She had but it made no sense to negotiate salary before interviewing. The interview went well but the salary did not line up with job requirements. I offered to work part time for half the salary but my offer did not match their hiring goals.

Interview Questions

• What organizations were available to help Veterans?   1 Answer

I declined full time offer due to salary but offered to work part-time but got no response.

Recovery Care Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at AFSC (Palo Alto, CA).

Interview

I had a number of phone interviews with my future supervisor. It was very professional and I felt that she spent a lot of time getting to know me as a person.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a Recovery Care Coordinator.   1 Answer

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AFSC (Arlington, VA) in June 2016.

Interview

Used a recruiter. The recruiter and the management team did not seem to communicate well regarding offer letter, timing of start date, the benefits available, the cost of benefits. I would ask for clarity in regard to any benefits you need, their cost and when your start date will be in writing.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my work history and how it compares to the position for which I was interviewing.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AFSC.

Interview

The process went very quick. Applied and recieved a call the next day from recruiter for an initial screening interview. Interviewed with manager following week and was referred to hiring manager.

Case Worker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AFSC.

Interview

Pretty easy, nice manager and recruiter. Phone screen then one on one. I came on board before the new contract so I'm not sure of the new contractor hiring process

Training Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AFSC (Arlington, VA).

Interview

Interview process was easy and low stress. Initial phone screening with HR then an in person interview with team members. The in person interview was conversational and they asked about my experience doing the specific job functions. I think they mostly wanted to see if I knew what I was doing and if I was a good personality fit for the team.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume, how do you solve personality conflicts, what is the best way to get xyz done.   Answer Question

Customer Service/Administrative Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport News, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at AFSC (Newport News, VA) in January 2016.

Interview

Due to office remodeling, I had to meet with what would have been my supervisor at a local Tropical Smoothie Cafe. The interview was informal and I spent a lot of time interviewing and speaking with the interviewer. I was asked an illegal question during the interview, which I have referenced below. I was very disappointed to not receive an email letting me know that I did not get the job. I had to contact AFSC when I did not receive an email on the notification date. I think the interviewer should have handled the interview more professionally.

Interview Questions

• Do I think that my husband will be transferred out of the area?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at AFSC in December 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed by a recruiter first and approximately one week later the hiring manager contacted me for another phone interview. From there, I was scheduled a site visit and started the paperwork for the "on boarding"

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you disagreed with your supervisor and what you did to remedy the situation   Answer Question