AMC Entertainment Interview Questions | Glassdoor

AMC Entertainment Interview Questions

Updated Jan 15, 2018

2.0

Anonymous Employee in Northbrook, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AMC Entertainment (Northbrook, IL).

Interview

I had applied online which took about 20 minutes to fill out and was contacted two weeks after to schedule an interview. The interview was relatively short and took place in the back room with two managers. They asked me a few questions about what I did in school, and it was very conversational. They also asked What I think about the importance of a clean facility and What is my favourite movie. It was a fairly easy interview and I got the job within a week.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AMC Entertainment.

Interview

It was average and simple. It did not take that long and staff was very friendly. The interview was set up according to my schedule and they wanted to know if I would comply to their dress requirements.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself
      Will you be able to work on holidays and weekends   Answer Question

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AMC Entertainment (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

Everything was conducted telephonically. Since I was applying internally the first step was gaining the recommendation of my supervisor. Then a phone “discussion” was scheduled with the director of operations for the theatre i was applying for. They called it a discussion and thats how it felt. Following the discussion it was requested I complete a relocation questionnaire. Upon completion of this I was formally offered the position. From application to offer was approximately 3-4weeks. I interviewed for 5 positions before being accepted for one, but I got the impression after my second that the director of operations had a specific theatre in mind for me based on my skill set. I was eventually asked to apply for that position and hired.

Interview Questions

• Most questions dealt with my experiences with the company to date. Hiring philosophies, and specific questions related to the individual theatre (did i know the budget, satisfaction and major complaints). Additionally, strategies to solve problems were asked. Keep in mind I was applying internally so all this information was readily accessible to me, I just needed to know where to look for it.   Answer Question

Crew Member Interview

Interview

Received a phone call from them to have a phone interview to near down their options. They liked the answers I had gave and asked me to come in for a face-to-face interview. Manager was very welcoming and the whole process took maybe like 20 minutes? Went great and questions were easy. Just make sure to study a bit about the AMC stubs program. Got hired on the spot!

Interview Questions

• If an employee had an attitude while he’s/she’s on the clock, would you blame the company or the employee?   Answer Question
    • What was a challenging task you had and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AMC Entertainment (Saint Louis, MO) in December 2017.

Interview

My interview was today at 4:30pm, I walked in and went to the ticket booth and asked for a manager. The called manager came and gave me a Crew overview packet (like what to expect, uniform, treatment, etc.) and a Stubs membership ticket to memorize. 10-15 minutes later, I was greeted by the lead manager, a very nice older man. 5 minutes into the interview and I was at ease. I became really relaxed into the interview because it felt like I was having a regular conversation (He actually reminded me of a old favorite teacher of mine.) You do have to a acting out or role play of a costumer and an associate and try to sell them a Stubs membership, but my manager didn’t have me do it. Overall very positive interview, my advice is to relax, memorize the Stub membership perks before hand, and just be yourself, they love friendly people. Good luck in advance!

Anonymous Employee in Federal Way, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at AMC Entertainment (Federal Way, WA) in December 2017.

Interview

I applied 3 times throughout the year, the last time i applied was about a month ago and i got a call back this past Friday to come in on Tuesday, over the phone, she talked about dress code. Once i got there, I was handed a paper detailing the job description and job benefits, and an AMC Stubs info sheet. The interview took about 10 minutes, and i got a call back today (Wednesday) saying i got the job. If you look at the questions listed on here and work on your role play skills, you’ll be fine.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you went to an unclean restaurant. How did it make you feel.   Answer Question
    • Pretend I’m a customer buying a large popcorn and drink. Convince me to get the AMC Stubs Rewards considering what I’m buying.   Answer Question
    • What brand are you loyal to? Why?   Answer Question
    • What does customer service mean to you?   Answer Question
    • Name a time you had to work with somebody you didn’t know. How did it make you feel?   Answer Question
    • What is your availability?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vero Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AMC Entertainment (Vero Beach, FL) in December 2017.

Interview

I applied with Indeed. The whole thing was very pleasant. The woman who interviewed me was my age which made me feel more comfortable (22ish). She was very pleasant and didn’t glare at me the whole time like with other interviews I’ve had. (*cough* Walmart *cough*) She told me a bit about herself as I answered questions. She hired me right on the spot. I believe it’s only seasonal for now but I’ll be working hard for a permanent position.

Interview Questions

• Sell me our AMC Stubs Program. (She let me keep the pamphlet and read off it thankfully but to my understanding that is rare so I recommend making an account just so you have a better understanding of it. It’s free anyway so why not.)   Answer Question
    • Name a time you had to walk up to a stranger.   Answer Question
    • Name a time you went to a dirty restaurant or store. How did it make you feel?   Answer Question
    • Name a time you had bad customer service. How did it make you feel?   Answer Question
    • What are you passionate about?   1 Answer
    • Name a brand you are loyal to.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dover, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at AMC Entertainment (Dover, DE) in December 2017.

Interview

The interview was awkward and weird. There were 3 people in the room sitting around me as if it were an interrogation rather than an interview. The hiring manager was sitting in a corner looking very rude and the girl reading the questions was practically screaming at me. Being that this was my first interview experience, it wasn’t how I expected it to be.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to work with someone who you didn’t know.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at AMC Entertainment (San Diego, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

Applied online and got a call back a couple days later. Got to the front desk and told them I was there for an interview, I was then handed a AMC Stubs pamphlet and was told I would be asked questions about it. The interview didn't take anymore than 15 minutes and was asked pretty basic questions.

Bartender Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clinton Township, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AMC Entertainment (Clinton Township, MI) in November 2017.

Interview

Easy interviews. Mostly focused on various sales pitches of drinks and stubs program. Took quite awhile to actual start the job after being accepted. Roughly three weeks process. Need to do a lot of online training through amc learning site and TIPS before start date.