APL Logistics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 18, 2017

2.9

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at APL Logistics (Scottsdale, AZ) in November 2015.

Interview

Comprised of speaking with 3 Regional CEO's / Sr. Managers. One in US and two international. The process was very direct. No information about the interview process, no introductions, no background. They were just interested to find if you have the required skills or not. Also repeatedly felt as if this was a trap in the name of interviewing to fish out essential practices and information about their competitors. I was repeatedly asked to provide proof of work "without crossing the line". I declined to provide.

Interview Questions

• Asked me a lot of questions not mentioned in the job description. One particular individual working from India asked me questions on topics that were nowhere to be found in the job description.   1 Answer

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at APL Logistics.

Interview

Very comprehensive and positive throughout the process. Enjoy the interview process and felt that upper management was very respectful and positive. They did an excellent job of communicating their culture, which is team oriented and participatory.

Negotiation

Excellent. They met my expectations.

Vice President, Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at APL Logistics (Phoenix, AZ) in January 2015.

Interview

Standard interview process. Recruiter sourced the positions and put me in contact with HR and the hiring manager. Several calls back and forth to vet the company and them to vet me. I flew to the corporate office and was interviewed by senior managers and then an offer was made. Again a fairly standard process.

QC Techain Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at APL Logistics.

Interview

There is no interview process. You have to go through a temp. service for at least 3 months before you began the hiring process. You can not miss any days, those are tacked on to the end of the 90 days. They will most of the time add 1 week for 1 day missed during the 90 days with the temp service.

Interview Questions

• You have to list 7 years employment giving the exact month day and year   Answer Question

Global Logistics Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at APL Logistics (Atlanta, GA) in January 2014.

Interview

Very detailed, testing, H.R. accompanies Manager. Questions centered around ethics and decision making. Not many experiential queries. One question was: describe an uncomfortable ethical situation you were involved in during your last position. Another question was: how would you address a customer's needs with solutions we do not have?

Interview Questions

• Situational and psychological.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at APL Logistics (Atlanta, GA) in January 2013.

Interview

We review and approve every submission against our Community Guidelines before it is published to the site.

Interview Questions

• Share your interview experience insights with job seekers so that they can know what to expect from the hiring process.
      1 Answer

Senior Logistics Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at APL Logistics (Scottsdale, AZ) in January 2012.

Interview

Behavioral questions.

Desktop Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at APL Logistics (Scottsdale, AZ) in September 2009.

Interview

Was easy overall, Manager didn't seem to like me.

Interview Questions

• What was the most challenging part at your last job?   1 Answer

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at APL Logistics (Oakland, CA) in April 2008.

Interview

The hiring process consisted of a 1:1 initially, a panel interview 2 weeks later, and 4 1:1 with director level employees.

Interview Questions

• Describe a decision you made that was unpopular and how you handled implementing it.   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Service Quality Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at APL Logistics (Mumbai (India)) in March 2015.

Interview

Interview Schedule by HR
    Aptitude Test
    1st Round of Interview with concerned manager - fact to face/telephonic
    2nd Round - Final - with head of department
    Follow-up for further getting offer letter
    Salary negotiations