AXA UK Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at AXA UK

2.8

Learning & Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AXA UK (London, England (UK)) in March 2016.

Interview

Very impressive assessment process. Professional yet friendly. Resourcing team members were so helpful throughout. Assessment day was intense but fun! Presentation, role play and interview in a very well organised format that didn't intimidate.

Interview Questions

• Competency based questions - focused on their values and leadership dimensions that were provided in the interview pack.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Professional offer, but I didn't negotiate and wish I had.

Mar 17, 2017 – HR Project Manager

Thank you for your review. We're really pleased that you had a great experience during the recruitment process and hope your time in role is going well!

The AXA UK Careers team

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AXA UK.

Interview

Application was standard procedure which began with an online application. Once your application is screened, you get passed to online numerical testing. The next stage is a video interview which will be a strange experience for those who haven't completed one before. Definitely practice in front of a webcam and review yourself before doing the video interview. The final stage is an assessment centre with presentations and interviews.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose this particular internship?
      Being a business leader isn't easy, what makes you a good leader?
      How do you handle a pressured situation?   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AXA UK (Glasgow, Scotland (UK)) in September 2015.

Interview

It was friendly and informal. It was based on the company's values and competency based. Just one interview to get the job but the reference checks were he'll as they delayed weeks before contacting referees, then one was on holiday, another thought the email was spam it was so badly written. Pin them down on dates.

Interview Questions

AXA UK Response

Feb 25, 2019 – Head of Employer Brand

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. Its really helpful for us to get feedback so we know what we're doing well and we also pick up pointers on what to improve. Hope you're... More

Head of Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AXA UK (London, England (UK)) in May 2016.

Interview

Competency based interview with robust questioning
    Also may be required to do a business exercise or presentation
    There may be a pre-screening and psychometric tests depending on the level of the role.
    Usually one interviewer with a scribe

Interview Questions

• Can you describe a time when you have reacted to market changes in order to deliver a positive outcome   Answer Question

Mar 17, 2017 – HR Project Manager

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are really pleased that you had a positive experience during your recruitment process and went on to successfully be offered a role.

The AXA... More

Asset Management Interview

Interview

I went for an interesting front office role. Made it to second interview but despite multiple emails, the HR person never replied back.
    Very poor treatment and a turn off.

Interview Questions

• Competency based questions in first interview with HR person.
      More technical questions on second interview interview.   Answer Question

May 10, 2017 – AXA UK

Thank you for your review. We're sorry to read that you don't feel you had a positive experience whilst interviewing with our business.

Your feedback is really important to us and we work hard... More

Investment Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at AXA UK (London, England (UK)) in January 2013.

Interview

First of all, I had to meet some members of the team, the individual interviews consisted into be asked about the technicity of the related field. In my case, I had questions about existing models about how to price an option. An option was part of what the team was dealing (or trying to). In our quality of operator, we had to get an idea about that subject.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Quick.

Mar 17, 2017 – AXA UK

Thank you for your review. We're sorry to see that your experience was a neutral one, as we want to ensure that candidates have the best possible experience when going through our recruitment... More

Resourcing Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at AXA UK (London, England (UK)) in February 2011.

Interview

Face to face with Hiring Manager who made a load of claims about the innovative approach, focus on direct sourcing, etc which just weren't true.......but I only discovered this just after I joined at the height of the recession, so no chance to leave !!!!! As a company, they have not moved on - their graduate selection process is archaic........they used the same tools as when I applied for grad schemes almost 20 years ago and no use of technology to make the candidate experience better.

The way you recruit ultimately is an extension of your attraction process.........AXA don't get this and believe it is all about the candidate convincing them that they are the right person !

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you delivered a really hard to find candidate ?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AXA UK in August 2017.

Interview

Quick process from applying to interview. The manager was friendly and helpful with questions I had too. They let me know when I would hear an outcome and they got to me when they said they would

Interview Questions

AXA UK Response

Feb 25, 2019 – Head of Employer Brand

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. It's super helpful to hear what our candidates think and I hope you're enjoying your role with us!

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at AXA UK (London, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

Screen with recruitment team, chat with hiring manager and on site interview. There were almost three months between the application and the on site interview - far too slow. Really negative experience as I never heard back after the final interview despite chasing twice. Had worked for AXA previously in the past and this was certainly not the norm nor should it be. I hope the process has improved since.

Product Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at AXA UK (London, England (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

The opportunity was excellent...the interview process was upsetting.

The interview process was disorganized and drawn out. I had interviewed around Christmas time and the process was continuing until March. The process lacked transparency and there seemed to be severe miscommunication between the hiring manager and the recruiter. I was invited to the final round interview and told that I would receive a call to make those arrangements, unfortunately I never received a call.

I followed up a few days thereafter with the recruiter and received radio silence. After waiting more than a week I sent a follow-up email and still received no response. Almost a month later I received an email from recruitment informing me that my application was no longer being considered.

I understand if after a final round interview a candidate gets rejected, however, in my case AXA had both wrote to me on email and confirmed with me on the phone I had made it to the final round only to reject me a month later and had not even given me the opportunity to interview for the final round. I understand my experience is rare but to treat a candidate like this is unprofessional and upsetting. I had heard good things about the firm but unfortunately my interview experience does not support that reality.

Interview Questions

• Tell me how a bond works?

Explain duration

What are the key elements for clients that distinguish one bond from another?   Answer Question

Mar 17, 2017 – HR Project Manager

Thank you for your review. AXA prides itself on a positive experience for our candidates as they go through our recruitment process and we’re extremely sorry to see that this wasn’t the experience... More