AXA XL Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at AXA XL

2.9

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at AXA XL (San Francisco, CA) in April 2019.

Interview

Submitted an application and was contacted by XL talent acquisition a week later. She asked me the basics then set me up with an in person interview. Two weeks later I had a three person interview followed up with an HR interview a week later.

Interview Questions

• In person team Asked about previous experiences, a current event question and time management question   Answer Question
    • HR asked the normal questions. Greatest strength and weakness, what I brought to the team and what makes me unique?   Answer Question

Confidential Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AXA XL in April 2019.

Interview

During the phone screening, the recruiter asked me where I was originally from - an illegal question. This should be part of a recruiter's training. In fact, if recruiter has a degree in HR, should have learned it in school.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AXA XL (Chicago, IL) in September 2018.

Interview

Very comfortable. The interviewer was knowledgeable so she was able to answer all of my questions. She didn't ask robot like questions. I was able to share with her what I was looking for in a company, my experience with previous companies I worked for and how it would all fit into the new position in the customer service dept.

Senior Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AXA XL (Chicago, IL) in August 2018.

Interview

Pretty fast for an internal applicant. I was kept informed of the timeline throughout. I learned of the hiring manager's decision to go with an external applicant from the recruiter even though I've known the hiring manager for years.

Political Risk, Credit & Bond Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at AXA XL (New York, NY) in March 2018.

Interview

Applied in the beginning of March, heard from an HR rep at the end of March for an interview. After the first interview, I was given a second interview by another HR rep. Following that, I was given an interview with the team that was actually 4 separate interviews (back to back to back to back). They basically asked similar questions: What is your educational background? What interested you in the role? Do you have a background in accounting or finance (I didn't)? Asked a couple questions about prior experience. Ended up hearing back at the end of the day (granted this was already mid May so they were probably in a rush to get things started).

Wasn't really mathematically/technically based (which I feared it would).

Interview Questions

• What is your educational background?   1 Answer

Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at AXA XL (New York, NY) in January 2018.

Interview

Timely, a lot of different interviews with employees of different ranks. Also had a few different types of interview - phone, skype and in-person. These were each roughly and hour to two hours in length

Claims Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AXA XL (Philadelphia, PA) in November 2017.

Interview

I interviewed both on the phone and in person. I was lead to believe I got the job following the interviews. I was told I would “kill it” in front of customers and that I could do the job. I was told the only concern was the almost doubling of my caseload. Then I heard nothing. So I followed up-then I was told I didn’t have enough experience. However, they would consider me for anothwr position they were going to become available. I interviewed at the end of 2017-the job is still available in March-because they reached out to a friend of mine. I was disappointed at the time that I didn’t get the job-but I did feel jerked around. I don’t know how I went from-“we want to hire you” to “you don’t have enough experience”.

Interview Questions

• What is your current caseload.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AXA XL (Philadelphia, PA) in September 2017.

Interview

There were 2 phone interviews 30 minutes each and 1 final home office interview. The first interviewer asked questions about analytical and technical skills. The second interviewer asked questions from my resume and why I wanted to work for XL.

Claims Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Treasure Island, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at AXA XL (Treasure Island, FL) in September 2017.

Interview

Got connected to this company through a recruiter. After getting the word that i would be a good fit from the recruiter, i got an interview. I drove an hour for the interview, I was told that i wasnt a fit for the position. I never got a chance to speak.

Vice President Audit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AXA XL (Hartford, CT).

Interview

I was interviewing for a Senior Audit role at XL Catlin and after a series of phone and skype interviews had been selected to come and visit the group in Hartford. Everyone was very professional. I met all who I would have been interacting with if I had been offered the position. It was a grueling day in that it was 5 to 6 hours of group interviews regarding my management philosophy as well as work style. I felt that after the interview was over, there was not much else I could have added to the process.

Interview Questions

• How would I handle the pooled resources within the group   1 Answer