AXA XL Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

Sort:

Associate Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at AXA XL (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

I was recruited in college spoke with the recruiter multiple times. It was a three hour interview with two one on one interview then a group valuation interview. Then interviewed in NYC and waited three weeks to hear a response

Interview Questions

• If oil prices were decreasing how would that effect the risk premium   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at AXA XL (Hartford, CT) in March 2016.

Interview

Interviewed in person at the Hartford office 3 petson panel, all very nice and professional. Interview was about 2.5 hours total. There were no unexpected questions or trick questions, just questions about experience and knowledge of the position. The office environment seemed better than most corporate offices, and the interviewers seemed to genuinely like it there. Unfortunately other candidates had more experience. Follow up was about 2 weeks after the interview. Headhunter got back to me, not the folks I interviewed with.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have in claims.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AXA XL (Philadelphia, PA) in November 2017.

Interview

I interviewed both on the phone and in person. I was lead to believe I got the job following the interviews. I was told I would “kill it” in front of customers and that I could do the job. I was told the only concern was the almost doubling of my caseload. Then I heard nothing. So I followed up-then I was told I didn’t have enough experience. However, they would consider me for anothwr position they were going to become available. I interviewed at the end of 2017-the job is still available in March-because they reached out to a friend of mine. I was disappointed at the time that I didn’t get the job-but I did feel jerked around. I don’t know how I went from-“we want to hire you” to “you don’t have enough experience”.

Interview Questions

• What is your current caseload.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AXA XL (New York, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

Great Interview process and very efficient. Was able to hear back very quickly from HR as well as department managers. Would say the questions asked are very standard mixed with specific questions related to job applying for.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at AXA XL.

Interview

6 Back to Back interviews, 30 minutes each. The interviews were fairly laid back, no trick questions. More so fit questions about team work, and situations you have had to resolve in a team.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Fair pay, no need to negotiate

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AXA XL (Miami, FL) in April 2016.

Interview

A recruiter emailed me after having sent in my application for the position asking me to schedule an interview. She was very nice and asked me a few questions about why I was interested in the position along with a few other questions. Additionally, she asked me if i had any question for her about the position.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AXA XL (Philadelphia, PA) in September 2017.

Interview

There were 2 phone interviews 30 minutes each and 1 final home office interview. The first interviewer asked questions about analytical and technical skills. The second interviewer asked questions from my resume and why I wanted to work for XL.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at AXA XL (Hartford, CT) in June 2014.

Interview

I submitted my resume on the school website and went through a 30 mins interview. The lady that called me was the head of the department. She was very friendly in the interview even though it was in the very morning. We finished the interview ahead of the schedule but everything went smoothly.

Interview Questions

• Telling relevant research experience is most difficult.   Answer Question

Underwriting Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at AXA XL in March 2016.

Interview

Had two interviews, standard questions about my resume, then about skills I have- analytical, international experience, etc. I applied online and heard back about 3 weeks later that they wanted to schedule an interview.

Underwriting Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at AXA XL (Atlanta, GA) in June 2015.

Interview

A week after applying, an hour phone interview with HR was done. A detailed phone interview was done with 3 business unit leaders. A few weeks pasts and additional communications were made prior to an offer.