Academic Advantage Interview Questions

Updated Oct 31, 2019

To filter interviews, or .
Found 46 of over 46 interviews

2.4
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Academic Advantage

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Academic Advantage (Los Angeles, CA)

Interview

To say the interview process was a cattle call would be a disservice to cattle. They do group training that really doesn't allow them to the chance to see if the tutors that they are hiring are any good.

Interview Questions
  • Do you have a car?
    1 Answer
  • What areas would you like to work in?

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Academic Advantage (Los Angeles, CA)

Interview

They call you into the office for an interview then send one of your possible future coworkers from their team to retrieve you, who brings you to whatever unoccupied space they in which they will be conducting the interview. I was interviewed by a panel of 2, since they were both looking to fill a position on their respective teams. They ask general interview questions about your background and experience, and if you indicate that you're bilingual, they will ask you a simple question in Spanish, which you will be required to answer in Spanish. For example: "Tell me about the last movie you watched."

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Academic Advantage

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Academic Advantage

Interview

I applied on their website, and was called by an employee who asked me a few questions on by experience with tutoring. She asked how I would go about tutoring a student. I think I just said I would give them some kind of assessment, to find out what they know and work from there.

Interview Questions
  • No difficult interview questions for me. They just asked if I had ever tutored, and how I did it.

Academic Advantage

Application

I interviewed at Academic Advantage

Interview

Phone interview and exam. After passing those two, they proceed to schedule a day for orientation.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Academic Advantage (Los Angeles, CA) in Feb 2014

Interview

A company representative called me and said that they had seen my resume online: Would I like to work for them? I was excited after being unemployed for over a year. The wait for orientation was a long one, and orientation was located in Los Angeles. There were no interviews.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Reedley, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Academic Advantage (Reedley, CA)

Interview

It was a really easy process. i saw ads online and I sent in my resume. I received a call pretty quickly and got an interview. After that I went through an orientation that explained the whole tutoring process. This was my first real job so I was a bit worried but I had experience tutoring kids at the local schools.

Interview Questions
  • not a difficult questions...but they asked me if I was bilingual

Anonymous Employee in Rancho Cordova, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Academic Advantage (Rancho Cordova, CA)

Interview

I was browsing online to see if there were any volunteer opportunities in my city. I happen to see the tutoring ad for this company and decided to submit the online application. I received a call within a week and was given an interview. I was then invited to attend the orientation in Sacramento. I met my fellow tutors and learn the procedures for job. After submitting my TB and fingerprints, I received a list of students in my city to work with.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Academic Advantage (San Diego, CA) in Jan 2014

Interview

The interview was simple and over the phone. They asked what I would do to connect with a student who was having a hard time with a given subject and that was it. Very easy questions. I was then asked to complete an on-line tutorial, which was pretty much a webinar. A week later I received an email for orientation where I was finger printed. I had to wait for a few days for my background and finger printing to get cleared and then i received a list of students.

Interview Questions
  • What would do to connect with a student who was having a hard time with a given subject ?

Academic Advantage

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Academic Advantage

Interview

My friend referred me to the position. I applied and received a call to come in to the interview. I was interview by my future supervisor. She was very nice and courteous. Questions were very professional and related to the position. I then received a call saying that I got the position and would begin training.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Academic Advantage

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Academic Advantage

Interview

I submitted my resume on indeed for anyone to hire me. I've received several interviews from different tutoring companies but this one really caught my eye. They were very professional and asked detailed questions about my experience. They were looking for very well qualified tutors. I was asked in for an orientation and started working within the week.

Interview Questions
  • Them asking me for additional references. The other companies didn't request this and i was surprised they did.
Viewing 1 - 10 of 46 Interviews