Academic Advantage Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Academic Advantage Interview Questions

2.4

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Academic Advantage.

Interview

Sent in my resume via an online posting. Received a call within a few weeks. They asked me if I was interested in multiple positions. The interviewer was very professional and attentive to my responses. She asked me additional questions that were not on her template. I received a call for a follow up interview which worked the same way but with more detailed questions. I received a call back the following day and started that following Monday with intensive training and shadowing.

Interview Questions

• Tell me an experience when you had to resolve a conflict.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Academic Advantage (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

HR person didn't not know her own ext. number so returning the call was difficult. The interviewer confided that by 2014 there will be a 10-20% reduction in personnel and knew while there posting the position that the job description needed to be re-written. Three weeks passed with no word - then a call from HR person, again she is unclear on her own telephone ext or number - 2nd interview and I really took a look at the office - shabby and ugly with loud staff and knew I was in the wrong place. They never bothered to call or email that I did not get the position - they reposted the position today with added duties. I need a job but I don't need to board a sinking ship.

Interview Questions

• Can I borrow a pen - I am not prepared for this meeting.   Answer Question

Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Academic Advantage (Los Angeles, CA) in December 2010.

Interview

Initial phone in interview with HR.
    The second interview was with one of the managers, but not a direct report
    Third interview was with one of the owners
    Fourth interview was with another owner
    I was then offered (and accepted) a different position than the one for which I interviewed

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you wouuld be able to manage this department?   Answer Question

Negotiation

12% increase in pay
    Everything is negotiable with this organization.

Enrollment Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Academic Advantage (Oakland, CA) in August 2013.

Interview

2-phone interviews, acceptance, online training with power point and employee handbook.

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. Was told what the hourly pay was and told how to get bonuses for additional pay.

Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Academic Advantage.

Interview

My friend referred me to the position. I applied and received a call to come in to the interview. I was interview by my future supervisor. She was very nice and courteous. Questions were very professional and related to the position. I then received a call saying that I got the position and would begin training.

Private Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Academic Advantage (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2012.

Interview

Pretty simple. They will ask questions on how you will handle the role. Previous experience not required. They are really looking for good students who can teach. Be prepared. Show up early because parking can be hard to find in their main building near LAX.

Interview Questions

• How would you teach a student struggling with the material?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Academic Advantage.

Interview

The company was tabling on campus for field representatives. I was instantly interested since my family receives tutoring services from this company. I applied online and was invited for an interview within a week. I received a call back and attended training with several other field representatives. Training was very intensive and gave a lot of suggestions on how to outreach to families. I also teamed up with several of my colleagues and worked on a strategy to best reach parents.

Interview Questions

• they asked if I had any resources that they could use - ex. agencies   Answer Question

Application

I interviewed at Academic Advantage in November 2011.

Interview

My friend referred me to this position. I applied and got called in for an interview. They gave pretty standard questions and the process was quick. I went through training and met fellow field reps. We talked strategy and it was interactive. The trainers were very thorough in explaining everything.

Interview Questions

• They asked about what strategies I would use to recruit.   Answer Question

Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Academic Advantage (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

It was in a group and then one on one. They had a presentation where they discussed what the position was and then they continued on what would be expected.

Interview Questions

• how long I have been tutoring?   1 Answer

Tutor Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Academic Advantage.

Interview

I was in search of a job. I talked to my professor who suggested this company. I happen to see their job posting online and applied. I was called a few days later and was given an over the phone interview. I was then invited to the tutor orientation and began the tutoring process.

Interview Questions

• They asked if I was bilingual.   1 Answer