Academy Mortgage Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Academy Mortgage Interview Questions

Interviews at Academy Mortgage

2.3

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Academy Mortgage.

Interview

It was fairly easy. I think they were hiring more off of personality than anything else. They understood interns don't have experience and were willing to provide it

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to deal with a difficult situation with coworkers.   Answer Question

Branch Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Academy Mortgage in July 2011.

Interview

Academy recruited me for several months. They were very accommodating of my needs and desires at the time. I was impressed with the calls from upper management and from the area support staff. I have not been disappointed.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected. My short term and long term goals were addressed.   Answer Question

Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mesa, AZ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Academy Mortgage (Mesa, AZ) in June 2016.

Interview

Very friendly and easy to talk with. The manager went thru the structure and tje dynamics of the office. Discussed ability to work from home and expectations

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Academy Mortgage.

Interview

I got a call a couple days after applying online. The call was professional and friendly. You could tell that the culture fit was important, which is important to me too.

Interview Questions

• What was your most/least favorite task in your current job?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Auburn, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Academy Mortgage (Auburn, WA) in August 2016.

Interview

Was a pretty straight forward interview.

Mostly consisted of simple questions designed to see how you deal with stress and gauge your communication skills. Very friendly and easy to talk to interviewer.

Interview Questions

• If you are faced with a stressful situation where you have a big to do list how would you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Senior Loan Processor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stockton, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Academy Mortgage (Stockton, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Phone interview, live in person interview. It took about 10 days from application to start date, including a background check.They were not very forthcoming as to the details of the job or disclose how little loans each processor was able to close due to the amount of additional expected work that they pile on.

Interview Questions

• About a very old gap in employment.   1 Answer

Senior Mortgage Banker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Academy Mortgage (Chicago, IL) in April 2014.

Interview

Very family oriented company, looking for quality loan officers but also looking for quality moral individuals as the company strives for overall family based position with excellent work/family life balance. I met with branch manager and market manager. They weren't like most mortgage companies who only asked about production so let, they cared about me personally and my family.

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Academy Mortgage.

Interview

The interviewing process took about 3 weeks. I was first contacted by phone, came into the office for an interview, and another phone interview before being offered the position.

Interview Questions

• What struck your interest in the position? What is most important to you in your next role?   Answer Question

Human Resources Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Academy Mortgage.

Interview

Applied online. Phone screen. In person interview with VP of HR. In person interview with HR team. Manager who said she wanted to set up a lunch meeting. Never heard from Manager. Try to contact and was ignored. Strange process. Up to that point I had received positive feedback or notification that I was not selected.

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Academy Mortgage (Phoenix, AZ) in January 2015.

Interview

typical for the industry, pretty informal. Did interview with multiple people in operations and sales. Nothing out of the ordinary. Mostly asking about employment history and informing of company culture, values, etc.