Academy Mortgage Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Academy Mortgage Interview Questions

Updated Nov 13, 2018

2.3

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Academy Mortgage.

Interview

It was fairly easy. I think they were hiring more off of personality than anything else. They understood interns don't have experience and were willing to provide it

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to deal with a difficult situation with coworkers.   Answer Question

Branch Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Academy Mortgage in July 2011.

Interview

Academy recruited me for several months. They were very accommodating of my needs and desires at the time. I was impressed with the calls from upper management and from the area support staff. I have not been disappointed.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected. My short term and long term goals were addressed.   Answer Question

Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mesa, AZ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Academy Mortgage (Mesa, AZ) in June 2016.

Interview

Very friendly and easy to talk with. The manager went thru the structure and tje dynamics of the office. Discussed ability to work from home and expectations

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Auburn, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Academy Mortgage (Auburn, WA) in August 2016.

Interview

Was a pretty straight forward interview.

Mostly consisted of simple questions designed to see how you deal with stress and gauge your communication skills. Very friendly and easy to talk to interviewer.

Interview Questions

• If you are faced with a stressful situation where you have a big to do list how would you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Academy Mortgage (Boise, ID) in March 2015.

Interview

Very professional and yet down to earth. Upfront, honest, and straight to the point on both sides. It was friendly and I felt very comfortable even though interviews can be very nerve racking!

Senior Loan Processor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stockton, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Academy Mortgage (Stockton, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Phone interview, live in person interview. It took about 10 days from application to start date, including a background check.They were not very forthcoming as to the details of the job or disclose how little loans each processor was able to close due to the amount of additional expected work that they pile on.

Interview Questions

• About a very old gap in employment.   1 Answer

Senior Mortgage Banker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Academy Mortgage (Chicago, IL) in April 2014.

Interview

Very family oriented company, looking for quality loan officers but also looking for quality moral individuals as the company strives for overall family based position with excellent work/family life balance. I met with branch manager and market manager. They weren't like most mortgage companies who only asked about production so let, they cared about me personally and my family.

Helpdesk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Academy Mortgage (Salt Lake City, UT) in March 2016.

Interview

Funny people, professional yet fun environment. Creative individuals. Maybe not 100% work appropriate. Seems like a great place to work, but moreso when I was 16 than now trying to grow in my career.

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glen Burnie, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Academy Mortgage (Glen Burnie, MD) in April 2014.

Interview

The interview was great. Bill Sohan gave me very honest information regarding the company, what I should expect from Academy and what was going to be expected from me. I had 2 face to face interviews and was given a very fair offer. After interviewing with several other banks and lenders it was clear to me that Academy was the right choice and I am thankful every day that I joined the Academy family.

Human Resources Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Academy Mortgage.

Interview

Applied online. Phone screen. In person interview with VP of HR. In person interview with HR team. Manager who said she wanted to set up a lunch meeting. Never heard from Manager. Try to contact and was ignored. Strange process. Up to that point I had received positive feedback or notification that I was not selected.