Acadia Insurance Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Acadia Insurance Interview Questions

3.4

Interviews for Top Jobs at Acadia Insurance

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Acadia Insurance (New York, NY).

Interview

Too long, poor commuication and sent to too many states to speak with others not associated in the office to being working in. HR made several errors in the offer. They spend too much time on the process and not enough time on the candidate. After big hired it is apparent they have middle managers who are not part of the hiring dept unwillingly participate in the process. They did not want to do it nor did they add any real value to such as the candidate was not going to be in their dept.

Claims Adjuster Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Acadia Insurance.

Interview

I was contacted by an independent recruiter specifically for this position. Following a discussion of the opportunity and my experience level, I was referred for a telephone interview with HR. The telephone interview was approximately 40 minutes- it was a good conversation as the HR rep had a claims background so she knew what to ask and knew what I was talking about. I was then scheduled for an in-office interview.
    The first thing that happened when I arrived was the administration of a "Wonderlic" test- 50 questions ranging from math to logic to vocabulary with 12 minutes to answer as many as one can. I confess, it was kind of fun.
    Following the test, I interviewed with the unit director/manager and RVP. There were standard questions about background and experience. Every company's claim department is structured just a little bit differently so there were obviously a lot of compare/contrast items. There was no "What is your greatest weakness" question, so it felt good to know I was dealing with serious people. Though the folks I sat with were a bit hard to read, I believed that it was a good interview. I was in the office for about 90 minutes.
    I had been advised that it would be a couple weeks before i heard anything back with regard to rejection or 2nd round of interviews and I did get the rejection at the end of that time frame. Hey, you're not going to get every job you interview for, but the one bothersome thing was that the basis of the rejection was a (debatable) lack of experience in a certain area. Isn't that what the telephone interviews are for- to pre-screen the candidate based on specific criteria so people on both sides aren't needlessly expending time, either driving-in from a remote office or taking time off from work, to attend?

Interview Questions

• An interesting one: in your current role, do you perform loss scene investigations yourself?   1 Answer

Senior Uw Interview

Anonymous Employee in Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Acadia Insurance (Syracuse, NY).

Interview

In depth with Wonderlick and math aptitude tests. Very formal. Standard questions from the 90's. Not looking at why they want you, but how much YOU want them. Beg hard with a pick me pick me attitude is what they want, like they are that special. They are women who look at you and either like you or not and as long as you have documented experience, you can get in.

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you? What would you do once in the position?   1 Answer

Rating Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bedford, NH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Acadia Insurance (Bedford, NH) in May 2015.

Interview

It was very lengthy and drawn out. I applied through my school's career development website. I was called a couple weeks later by HR for a phone interview. The phone interview itself took 30-45 minutes. I was then sent a couple tests I needed to take. Once HR had the results I was then told I would get a call a couple days later for an in person interview. The following week I got an email asking to come in a couple days later. When I arrived, I was asked to take a timed test evaluating my math/problem solving/analytical skills. I then met with the AVP and the manager of the rating department. They were friendly however they were very scripted in their answers. If I asked a question, it was almost verbatim what the HR person had told me. When I asked the manager her personal opinion of why she loved to work there- she verbatim quoted what was on the website. They very much disliked that I was looking for a company with growth opportunities and it was clear because they made many snide remarks in relation to that. Highly doubt I would've enjoyed working there.

Interview Questions

• What makes you different from everyone else, why should we hire YOU?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, ME

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Acadia Insurance (Portland, ME) in April 2015.

Interview

Overall, the process was positive, very friendly and accommodating. I was asked to take an aptitude test, which was fine, however, they would not share the results. Very good discussions during the interview, which was lengthy, but did not seem so as the conversation was relaxed and engaging. There was not any high pressure scenarios or group interviews where the questions seem to be coming from multiple directions.

Interview Questions

• They were very interested in philosophies and management style, which quickly established a common interest in management style.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Westbrook, ME

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Acadia Insurance (Westbrook, ME).

Interview

I went through a recruiter, which would be step 1. Step 2 was a phone interview with the branch RVP. Step 3 was an in person interview with the RVP and HR rep. This included a Wonderlic cognitive exam. It wasn't difficult, just one extra process to do. Next step was multiple interviews in Maine with UW department heads and HR. They flew me out that morning, conducted the interviews and then I flew home that evening. It was an exhausting process, but the people were great. Lastly, it took a month to hear back from them. Caution in hiring is definitely understandable. I just wonder how many good candidates they lose in this process.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Able to negotiate most terms...salary, vacation, etc.

Ratings Tech Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Acadia Insurance in December 2013.

Interview

Applied via a Career Fair. Was called by HR for a phone interview. During the phone interview they also asked me to interview for a Services Specialist and I agreed. The interview went well nothing too unordinary except one of the interviewers seemed impatient and wanted to get back to work as quickly as possible. They told me they would get back to me within two weeks but they never did and ignored me when I followed up with them after the two weeks. The position was still posted on their website for months after I followed up.

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you? Are you a beginner, intermediate, or advanced user in Microsoft Office?   Answer Question

Underwriter Interview

Interview

You will need to complete an application and specify what your expected salary will be. There is also a cognitive learning exam to take. I was notified in the phone interview that this exam would be required and it was NOT fun.