Accident Fund Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at Accident Fund

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lansing, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Accident Fund (Lansing, MI) in October 2015.

Interview

When you are chosen for the interview process, you will be handled by an HR rep/business partner that may not have a technical background so be careful and pushy on EXACTLY the job you want, otherwise they will try and ask you to interview for something else that they are trying to fill instead of something that you originally wanted. I originally applied for Systems Analyst but they thought that I would be a better fit for "Client Support Operator" so that is what I interviewed for. The job requirements listed were basically for a tier 3 position where you would be escalation support for tier1/2 positions. I was okay with this and had no problem interviewing for this position because I didn't have a bachelors.

Before being interviewed, you will have to take a test on basic computer knowledge, the microsoft office suite, then basic math and english.

Simple interview questions, almost all pertaining to work experience. There won't be too many personality questions.

After interviewing once, they told me instead that I would be a better fit for an Analyst position. I interviewed for that a week after.

The second interview was exactly the same but instead they gave me help desk scenarios to walk them through. Because I thought I was interviewing for a tier 3 position, I gave an interview summarizing my tier1/tier2 career experience and only going into great detail when I came across relevant tier 3 examples.

This led to me being told that I did not have enough help desk experience a day later. Make sure you get the job responsibilities if your HR rep is making you interview for something you didn't apply for. I checked job duties the first time but didn't think my HR rep would mistake IT systems analyst for Help Desk Analyst for the other interview...

Interview Questions

• What education have you had that is relevant to this job?   1 Answer
    • Name a time when you handled a un-cooperative customer.   1 Answer
    • Tell me about your work experience.   1 Answer
    • Tell me how you would troubleshoot someone working from home having wireless issues.   1 Answer
    • Biggest weakness?   1 Answer

Manager, Support Department Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lansing, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Accident Fund (Lansing, MI) in February 2015.

Interview

Telephone interviews - first was screening interview with HR person. Very nice, friendly. No hardball questions. Some behavioral questions in addition to explaining background, job experience, etc. My second interview was with vice president of the department in question. It was again comfortable - not a high pressure interview.

Interview Questions

• Just asked for real-world experiences pertaining to the job in question   Answer Question

Field Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Accident Fund (Kansas City, MO) in February 2014.

Interview

General interview. HR phone interview started process followed by several additional phone interviews with HR and hiring manager. Then low ball offer for industry norm. Very defensive about how good the benefits are. Hiring manager seemed a big arrogant or not happy to be involved with the interview process. Made me question if I would be happy working with this person or company in general. I was disappointed with what they had to present on the company side of the interview.

Interview Questions

• General background questions. Hiring manager was very picky about minor industry certifications compared to all other insurance companies. Silly for such low salary ranges.   1 Answer

Claims Examiner Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Accident Fund in September 2009.

Interview

Team interview research company dress appropriately (corporate dress code)