Acme Markets Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Acme Markets Interview Questions

Updated May 8, 2017

1.6

Anonymous Employee in Wall, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Acme Markets (Wall, NJ) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied online got a callback about a week later and i was asked to come in the next day interview process was easy, i was just asked to clarify my availability, took a drug test and filled out some papers. it's been about a week now and i'm just waiting for my background check to start the orientation process.

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Acme Markets (Philadelphia, PA) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online in the morning and I got a call back that afternoon and was asked about my availability and if I could come in for an interview. When I came for the interview i was asked for availability then we talked about the uniform and what to expect. I then took a drug test and filled out papers.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little about your self.   1 Answer
    • What is your availability?   1 Answer

Bagger Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Acme Markets (Philadelphia, PA) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied for a bagger position, but when I got there the manger said I was hired for a cashier position. The interview was quick, about 15 minutes. I was asked about my previous jobs and my available hours. Now I just have to wait for a background check.

Deli Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Acme Markets (Philadelphia, PA) in July 2016.

Interview

Easy and comfortable! I got the job on the spot both the store manager and the deli manager that was called in to see me, made me feel good about working there. They gave me tips and encouragement.

Front End Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Randolph, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Acme Markets (Randolph, NJ) in July 2016.

Interview

The hiring process took about a week. I applied online & got a phone call about an interview that was set a few days later. The interview process was very easy, I was asked two questions, and got hired on the spot. During the interview, you get drug tested and get the results immediately a few minutes later.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. Sadly you only get paid 8.38/hour.

Store Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norristown, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Acme Markets (Norristown, PA).

Interview

One on one with store manager, many interruptions (people just walking in, or people paging the interviewer on the intercom, the interviewer taking phone calls in front of you and having other conversations in front of you)

No academic, mathematic, or common sense testing, just tells you to come back in a couple days for an oral drug test (which gives you GREAT OPPORTUNITY to pass by deception..just don't do drugs for a day or two). I don't say this as a hint or to give advice, I'm stating to show how ridiculous it is.

Interviewer asks about any special skills and even if you "don't have any", passes you right along. Interviewer offers unnecessary personal information about self and other employees. You get a chance to ask questions but the answers are either disappointing or just weird.

If you ask yourself why I bothered to work here and still do, it's because of the economy. I was laid off in another industry and this turned out to be my best/only option.

Interview Questions

• Do you have open availability? (Available for all shifts)   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Acme Markets.

Interview

Wasn't an actual interview, just wanted to see me in person. Never met with the hiring manager however. Also went in for a drug test, all went fine. Super easy.

Interview Questions

• When are you available?
      Can you work weekends and holidays?
      Answer Question

Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Acme Markets in January 2016.

Interview

short 15min interview and a short 15 to 20 min phone call before that. i met with the store assistant manager and with the union shop master. oral drug test and online background check

Frozen and Dairy Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Chester, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Acme Markets (West Chester, PA) in November 2015.

Interview

There was no interview. I handed in an application and then a week later I got a call telling me to come in for orientation. There was a lot of confusion at the orientation about the lack of interview.

Anything Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bryn Mawr, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Acme Markets (Bryn Mawr, PA).

Interview

A few simple questions about me and what I do. It was just me and the store manager talking in his office. It was very easy and he was a nice guy so it made the process easy.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience in the food service industry.   1 Answer