Act-On Software Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Act-On Software

2.7

Sort:

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Act-On Software.

Interview

The interview process was well organized. I met with a number of individuals on the team who were all quite professional. I felt like the team really wanted to get to know me and spend the time to share information on their role and the organization.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Act-On Software (Portland, OR) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted within a week. The first step was to schedule an initial phone interview. They asked basic questions about my work history and skills. They then set up a second phone interview. The process was quick, compared to some companies that take weeks and weeks, they seem to have the hiring and on boarding process down well.

Interview Questions

• Asked me about a specific software that I didn't have a background in.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Act-On Software in November 2015.

Interview

I received the email you sent into our sales department and wanted to reach out to you as a point of contact. Good Interview process thank you so much...We review and approve every submission against our Community Guidelines before it is published to the site..

Interview Questions

• I received the email you sent into our sales department and wanted to reach out to you as a point of contact.We review and approve every submission against our Community Guidelines before it is published to the site..   Answer Question

Revenue Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beaverton, OR

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Act-On Software (Beaverton, OR) in April 2015.

Interview

Three mutually exclusive interviewers. Each with a different fit assessment. The interview was on location in Beaverton, Oregon with Corporate Controller, Senior Financial Accountant, and Collections Manager. Right from the start the fit felt right to me and I was able to answer honestly and truthfully. This was very important for me as well as the culture fit.

Interview Questions

• You open your email to see 400 emails from the weekend. All must be assessed and responded to within 24 hours of business day receipt. What is your plan of attack? Go.   Answer Question

Sales Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Act-On Software (Sacramento, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

Very long. 6 months and interviewed with 8 people. They had me come back multiple times which was annoying, but in hindsight I understand the scrutiny within the interview process at that time.

Interview Questions

• A lot about the competitive landscape, wanted to make sure I knew the space, the players in the space and the problems our solution fixed.   Answer Question

Sales Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Roseville, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Act-On Software (Roseville, CA) in August 2013.

Interview

Initial phone conversation with the SDR manager over the phone. Invited in for first interview with that manager and a few of the National Sales Managers. It was pretty straightforward but didn't have any of your typical, overused interview questions. Each person I spoke with was pretty upbeat and didn't mind taking a few minutes away from their teams to talk to me. My interview process was easy, though people who were hired on for the same position this year had to do more (role-playing, tougher questions, etc).

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about competition within the workplace?   Answer Question

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaverton, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Act-On Software (Beaverton, OR).

Interview

Approximately 2 months after I submitted an online application, I was contacted for a phone screen. After a very basic phone screen, with HR, I had a phone screen with the hiring manager from San Francisco. This was a 1 hour call and rather in depth. Following the call, I went to the office for an in-person interview. I was not given any information about who I would be meeting or their roles. I met 4 people individually for 1/2 hour each. Only 1 of the 4 brought anything to write with. 1 of the 4 was distracted and busy on his phone the entire time. After this, I had mixed feelings.

I was then contacted in the morning and asked to come by the office in the afternoon of the same day to chat with the CTO. We spoke for an hour, again no notes were taken and frequent phone interruptions occurred. I received immediate feedback that the interviews had gone well and they would be in touch shortly.

3 weeks passed and I received a form letter stating: "Unfortunately we do not have an appropriate position for you at this time." I was warned about this process from others who had the exact same experience. I recommend you not wasted your time.

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaverton, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Act-On Software (Beaverton, OR) in September 2014.

Interview

Applied online for the job, got an e-mail about 3 months later from their HR/front desk person asking for an initial phone screen. The initial phone screen was done by the HR/front desk person, asking general questions about my experience & provided an overview of the company. She indicated that a call with the hiring manager based in San Francisco would be scheduled. About 2 weeks later the call with the hiring manager was scheduled, asked a lot of questions about knowledge in several different areas (E-mail marketing, server technology, database technology, marketing practices, CRM etc). Basically he was in the process of re-structuring the product management group and was probing to see where I would fit in.

After a few days I heard back from the HR/front desk person indicating they would like me to come in to the Beaverton office for 2 hours to speak with an Engineering lead. That was a more pointed discussion to make sure that the person hired could get along with the Engineering group which is pretty much all that is in Beaverton. I could only stay an hour due to my existing job so asked to re-schedule the other hour. HR/front desk person scheduled yet another call with the hiring manager, more questions along the same line as the previous ones. He indicated that he wanted me to speak with the CMO and that he was ready to move forward with an offer, he made a point to ask me that if he called back the next day with an offer what would I do.

The hiring manager then calls me to ask me what my salary requirements are which I had already given to the HR/front desk person during our initial phone screen. He indicated that was more than what their developers make but he really wanted me to join the team so he would work it out. Got an e-mail the next day stating that the CMO had to re-schedule the call, by this time I really don't want the job anymore I am worn out. Finally got an e-mail from the HR/front desk person stating that they had found someone else, what a relief.

Interview Questions

• What do you do when an Engineer tells you something cant be done.   1 Answer

Director of Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Act-On Software (San Mateo, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

Context: 4 months on and still not an answer..
    This is the definition of potentially the worst interviewing experience I've ever had in my career. i don't think i've ever felt more disrespected and treated with the outmost unprofessionalism!

I had seen the same comments actually from a previous recent candidate but I chose to ignore them and thought that maybe it was an one-off bad experience. Well, long behold...
    I applied online 4 months ago for a Senior leadership role and their senior recruiter called me for the usual screening. At the end of it, he scheduled another phone interview with the hiring manager. After I was getting all raving reviews, he decided he wanted to meet me in person. In the meantime he schedules me for a phone interview with the VP of Sales plus the new CFO. After all these interviews they decide they really like me and they invite me to the office where I'm interviewing once again with the hiring manager plus the VP of People. After done with all that, their recruiter calls me to give me very positive feedback and to tell me that now they are thinking of a new role for me and that they want me to interview AGAIN with the CFO. At this stage I have already done 6 INTERVIEWS but still since I was interested in the position, I kept being patient and positive. I went for the 2nd time onsite and interviewed again with the CFO. All good! After this, their recruiter contacts me again to schedule now a THIRD onsite and 8th INTERVIEW with the new CEO. I went over again, had a really great chat with the CEO and we seemed to have the common understanding that it's a matter of getting right the job specification and he asked me to wait for 3 days (Monday before Thanksgiving) to speak to the CFO and make a final decision.

From then till Xmas eve, everyone was ignoring my emails for an update! And not only that, but the worse thing is that i have emailed every single one of them (Senior leadership team and recruiter) to see if I can get an update and every single one of them has ignored all emails. I finally got them to call me back the day before xmas eve where they informed me that they are still sorting out their HC and what positions they need to fill first and to wait for a further update right after Xmas. Needless to say I haven't heard anything (nearly another 6 weeks on...)

Is this how you treat candidates? And a candidate for your "Senior leadership team"? If this is how you treat senior candidates, I would hate to think how you treat your clients or your employees!! The VP of People even mentioned to me during her interview that "there are some bad comments on Glassdoor about us which are actually fair and that we are trying to fix the issues". And THIS IS HOW YOU DO IT?? You definitely deserve those reviews and add one more to your collection here!

All you needed to do is to respect the amount of time and effort candidates put in coming onsite and interviewing for you. And whats more alarming is that I got the same treatment (ignoring emails) from EVERYONE there. So disappointing! Incredibly unprofessional!

I hoped I was an exception but by reading all the reviews I should had been wiser and not ever bothered with them.

You might have a "great" company but if this is the culture, then let's see for how long...

Interview Questions

Act-On Software Response

Mar 3, 2016 – Sr. Director, People

Appreciate you sharing your interview experience. It’s feedback like yours that helps us know how we can do better. I am sorry that you felt disrespected during the interview process. This was not... More

Writer/Editor Interview

Interview

I began with the company as a contractor. This let me experience what they might be like as an employer, and gauge the level of job satisfaction employees felt. The company hired a new CMO, and after we'd worked together for a while, he asked what my plans were, and offered me a position.

Interview Questions

• By this stage the CMO and I knew each other fairly well and I trusted and respected him. There were no surprises. I highly recommend working as a contractor before committing to a company.   Answer Question