Act-On Software Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Act-On Software Interview Questions

Updated Oct 12, 2017

2.6

Customer Success Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Act-On Software.

Interview

Applied online and received an email a week later asking for a phone conversation with HR. Call with woman from HR went really well and asked me to speak with hiring manager the following day. Once again, call with hiring manager went really well and he told me that I would hear back from them regarding next steps in a few days time. After not hearing anything back for a week I sent a follow up note to the HR and now it is another week later and I've received zero response.

Interview Questions

Act-On Software Response

Oct 3, 2017 – Recruiter

As the recruiter who worked with you, I want to thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. My intention was to be communicating regularly throughout the recruiting process and I apologize if... More

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Act-On Software.

Interview

Applied online, had a quiz and submitted in a couple of days. Call for onsite interview. Talked to 7-8 developers and QAs. Got the verbal offer but decided to go with another earlier commitment. The whole overall process took over a month as I was an out-of-state candidates. Good experience and folks I have met are all very professional.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Act-On Software (Portland, OR) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted within a week. The first step was to schedule an initial phone interview. They asked basic questions about my work history and skills. They then set up a second phone interview. The process was quick, compared to some companies that take weeks and weeks, they seem to have the hiring and on boarding process down well.

Interview Questions

• Asked me about a specific software that I didn't have a background in.   Answer Question

SDR Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Act-On Software.

Interview

I went through a phone screening. It went well so I got invited for an in person interview. I interview with 3 people including my current manager. It took about over an hour. After that series of interviews, I had an interview with the director. It went well, and I got offered the job in the next couple days.

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Act-On Software.

Interview

The interview process was well organized. I met with a number of individuals on the team who were all quite professional. I felt like the team really wanted to get to know me and spend the time to share information on their role and the organization.

Customer Success Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Act-On Software in March 2016.

Interview

Online application and got a call 45 days later for phone interview. While during phone interview the HR associate was stumbling and said "I actually don't know details for this position so you're going to have to ask during the next interview." Instead of asking the questions on the position, I pivoted to finding out more about the company culture. My interviewer only said that "everyone is really nice and its a fun place to work."

The representative was unprofessional and seemed thrown off my the simplest questions. If you cannot speak about the position you are interviewing or your company mission/culture it reflects poorly to potential candidates.

Interview Questions

• The only questions she asked were: Tell me about yourself? What are your salary expectations? Do you have any questions about the position or company?   1 Answer

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaverton, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Act-On Software (Beaverton, OR).

Interview

Approximately 2 months after I submitted an online application, I was contacted for a phone screen. After a very basic phone screen, with HR, I had a phone screen with the hiring manager from San Francisco. This was a 1 hour call and rather in depth. Following the call, I went to the office for an in-person interview. I was not given any information about who I would be meeting or their roles. I met 4 people individually for 1/2 hour each. Only 1 of the 4 brought anything to write with. 1 of the 4 was distracted and busy on his phone the entire time. After this, I had mixed feelings.

I was then contacted in the morning and asked to come by the office in the afternoon of the same day to chat with the CTO. We spoke for an hour, again no notes were taken and frequent phone interruptions occurred. I received immediate feedback that the interviews had gone well and they would be in touch shortly.

3 weeks passed and I received a form letter stating: "Unfortunately we do not have an appropriate position for you at this time." I was warned about this process from others who had the exact same experience. I recommend you not wasted your time.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Act-On Software in November 2015.

Interview

I received the email you sent into our sales department and wanted to reach out to you as a point of contact. Good Interview process thank you so much...We review and approve every submission against our Community Guidelines before it is published to the site..

Interview Questions

• I received the email you sent into our sales department and wanted to reach out to you as a point of contact.We review and approve every submission against our Community Guidelines before it is published to the site..   Answer Question

Director of Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Act-On Software (San Mateo, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

Context: 4 months on and still not an answer..
    This is the definition of potentially the worst interviewing experience I've ever had in my career. i don't think i've ever felt more disrespected and treated with the outmost unprofessionalism!

I had seen the same comments actually from a previous recent candidate but I chose to ignore them and thought that maybe it was an one-off bad experience. Well, long behold...
    I applied online 4 months ago for a Senior leadership role and their senior recruiter called me for the usual screening. At the end of it, he scheduled another phone interview with the hiring manager. After I was getting all raving reviews, he decided he wanted to meet me in person. In the meantime he schedules me for a phone interview with the VP of Sales plus the new CFO. After all these interviews they decide they really like me and they invite me to the office where I'm interviewing once again with the hiring manager plus the VP of People. After done with all that, their recruiter calls me to give me very positive feedback and to tell me that now they are thinking of a new role for me and that they want me to interview AGAIN with the CFO. At this stage I have already done 6 INTERVIEWS but still since I was interested in the position, I kept being patient and positive. I went for the 2nd time onsite and interviewed again with the CFO. All good! After this, their recruiter contacts me again to schedule now a THIRD onsite and 8th INTERVIEW with the new CEO. I went over again, had a really great chat with the CEO and we seemed to have the common understanding that it's a matter of getting right the job specification and he asked me to wait for 3 days (Monday before Thanksgiving) to speak to the CFO and make a final decision.

From then till Xmas eve, everyone was ignoring my emails for an update! And not only that, but the worse thing is that i have emailed every single one of them (Senior leadership team and recruiter) to see if I can get an update and every single one of them has ignored all emails. I finally got them to call me back the day before xmas eve where they informed me that they are still sorting out their HC and what positions they need to fill first and to wait for a further update right after Xmas. Needless to say I haven't heard anything (nearly another 6 weeks on...)

Is this how you treat candidates? And a candidate for your "Senior leadership team"? If this is how you treat senior candidates, I would hate to think how you treat your clients or your employees!! The VP of People even mentioned to me during her interview that "there are some bad comments on Glassdoor about us which are actually fair and that we are trying to fix the issues". And THIS IS HOW YOU DO IT?? You definitely deserve those reviews and add one more to your collection here!

All you needed to do is to respect the amount of time and effort candidates put in coming onsite and interviewing for you. And whats more alarming is that I got the same treatment (ignoring emails) from EVERYONE there. So disappointing! Incredibly unprofessional!

I hoped I was an exception but by reading all the reviews I should had been wiser and not ever bothered with them.

You might have a "great" company but if this is the culture, then let's see for how long...

Interview Questions

Act-On Software Response

Mar 3, 2016 – Sr. Director, People

Appreciate you sharing your interview experience. It’s feedback like yours that helps us know how we can do better. I am sorry that you felt disrespected during the interview process. This was not... More

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Act-On Software (Chicago, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

Three phone interviews and one in person interview with three different people. They really care about picking the right candidate and they did not rush in the selection process.