Acumen Fund Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Acumen Fund Interview Questions

3.8

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Acumen Fund (New York, NY).

Interview

I had a phone interview with the head of East Coast Business Development. I have always admired the Acumen Fund and its trailblazing founder. As a business development pro (national sales records and many awards) and having worked for 5 years in social impact by leveraging business to solve America's poverty, I was excited to apply to a company that fit both my talent (sales) and passion (poverty alleviation). Unfortunately, I did not get past the phone screen since the interviewer felt I was overqualified and the position was "written for someone young" as she went on to tell me how young the team was (as if I would not fit in). I was shocked at the outright ageism (and immaturity) and even more dismayed that a company that I had always held in such high regard operated in direct contradiction to its values. I could go on and on about the lack of leadership and HR training that I sensed from the interviewer but it would take too much time. While she did demonstrate passion for the mission, she allowed her age bias get in the way of business results. Her follow up was also unprofessional since I was told I would hear back in a week and a half as to next steps, and it took 3 weeks where she sent a very nice "we are not moving forward email".

MBA Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Acumen Fund (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

Online application followed by 2 rounds of phone interviews. First interview was with an associate from the team and the second interview with my future supervisor. Mostly standard interview questions, with a focus on my experience working in LDCs. Friendly and comfortable process. No trick questions. Offer came a few days after the second interview.

Interview Questions

• What are 3 key challenges that you think our portfolio companies face operating in developing and emerging markets?   Answer Question

Business Development Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Acumen Fund (New York, NY) in June 2011.

Interview

First had phone interview with usual questions (work history, tell me about a time...), then written exercise (a sample grant proposal from information provided by them), another phone interview with deeper questions on past experience, then full-day in-person interviews with management. Up until meeting with the Director of Business Development, the questions were straightforward. His questions seemed more design to catch you off guard.

Consulting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Acumen Fund (New York, NY) in March 2009.

Interview

Screening of over 500 applicants. 40 selected for interview. Interview was finance heavy with strong emphasis on AF's portfolio and discussions on portfolio analysis.

Analyst Interview

Interview

Its a very intense, robust process. Their goal is not only to find out whether you are competent but also who you really are as a person

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Acumen Fund (Mumbai (India)) in March 2011.

Interview

Short phone screen with some basic questions as well as a few "scenario" types of questions