Aegon Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 13, 2017

2.7

Vice President Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Aegon (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

Phone Interview followed by an in person interview. The phone interview was to for them to vet me with a follow up in person interview to do a deeper dive on both sides.

Call Center Interview

Anonymous Employee in Exton, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Aegon (Exton, PA) in June 2014.

Interview

I was called in a Wednesday for an interview and was offered the position that afternoon. The interview was easy, I had a lot of sales and service experience that correlated with the position. Pay is low, but the benefits are amazing!

Interview Questions

• Would your mangers say that you are prompt and good with time.   1 Answer

Negotiation

It as easy, the highest rate was already set and I accepted.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cedar Rapids, IA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aegon (Cedar Rapids, IA) in September 2011.

Interview

Aegon came to my school's career fair. I talked with the recruiter a bit and thought it seemed like a good opportunity to so I applied. I ended getting an interview, and after that first round I received a second round in Cedar Rapids. They seemed very personable and I am looking forward to starting with them.

Platform Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Aegon (Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)) in April 2017.

Interview

It was very straight forward. Telephone interview then the next day they called me back for the following week for a face to face interview. However I scored 4/5 in my interviews at other companies but really marked down here. Not sure if it was because I work for one of their main competitors. I also asked for feedback on my interview as I was a little confused with what they had told me I was like during the interview. They wanted to charge me to give me feedback.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Aegon (Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)) in April 2017.

Interview

Interviewed on a Saturday. Given details on a telephone role play on arrival, 10 minutes to read it over. Then put into a room with a telephone on a desk and had to answer 2 phone calls from pretend customers and take down various details and answer their queries appropriately. Followed by a competency based interview with a panel of two.

Interview Questions

• All competency based. Explain a situation where you have dealt with a difficult customer etc   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Aegon (Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview was pretty standard. Friendly and well organised. However was pretty old fashion. Didn't feel like a conversation, was more like being fired questions without a chance to get to know the job or company.

Culture too old fashioned

Channel Marketing Manager Interview

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Aegon.

Interview

Average difficulty I heard back from them 10 days after application, did an interview by skype and then an assessment day after one month. Good experience overall and focus on technicality

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Aegon (Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)) in January 2016.

Interview

It was competency based, asking for specific, detailed answers that describe actual work-based experiences. It was a very quick process - found out I had been given an interview only two days beforehand, then found out the results only two days later. Unfortunately I didn't get offered the job because my answers were too long. So while they want detailed answers, don't take longer than a couple of minutes per answer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult customer.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you would have done a task differently with hindsight.   Answer Question

IT Helpdesk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Aegon (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

One on one interview by the immediate manager
    Easy and just basic questions about school, courses taken and previous work experience
    Personal questions were asked as well
    It was a term contract like a semester at school
    Later on flexible in extending contract
    Nice experience overall

Customer Service Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Aegon.

Interview

Applied in April, passed tests in May and didn't hear a word for months. Chased continuously only to be fobbed off. Emailed to say recruitment on hold for months, week later a call to say interviews being held middle of the week (this was Monday). Interview was role play, technical questions and competency. Had to ask HR for job spec as not given. Interview informal, positive with the interviewers - very friendly. Told I would hear Friday, email received that afternoon to say unsuccessful. Reason was that offered a role previously and I declined - waste of time for all parties and very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• What is a pension? Think of a time a colleague showed you something new? Think of a time you had to challenge authority at work? What do you like about your current job/ what do you dislike?   Answer Question