Aegon Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 28, 2017

2.8

Vice President Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Aegon (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

Phone Interview followed by an in person interview. The phone interview was to for them to vet me with a follow up in person interview to do a deeper dive on both sides.

Call Center Interview

Anonymous Employee in Exton, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Aegon (Exton, PA) in June 2014.

Interview

I was called in a Wednesday for an interview and was offered the position that afternoon. The interview was easy, I had a lot of sales and service experience that correlated with the position. Pay is low, but the benefits are amazing!

Interview Questions

• Would your mangers say that you are prompt and good with time.   1 Answer

Negotiation

It as easy, the highest rate was already set and I accepted.

Information Systems Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cedar Rapids, IA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Aegon (Cedar Rapids, IA) in April 2014.

Interview

Behavioral interview with technical questions that apply to your particular position. Be prepared to give examples of how you handled situations, times where you had to persuade people to go with your idea, a time you resolved a problem, etc.

Interview Questions

• Share a time when you had a difficult situation and how you handled it   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cedar Rapids, IA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aegon (Cedar Rapids, IA) in September 2011.

Interview

Aegon came to my school's career fair. I talked with the recruiter a bit and thought it seemed like a good opportunity to so I applied. I ended getting an interview, and after that first round I received a second round in Cedar Rapids. They seemed very personable and I am looking forward to starting with them.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Aegon.

Interview

The hiring process involved submitting my CV for review, and then attending an assessment centre. First, I had to answer a couple of calls from interviewers in a role play scenario. You were given materials to use during the calls, which made them very easy, as they just want to see how your call manner is. Secondly, there was a group exercise which was to be observed while myself and 3 others carried out the ‘what would you take if you were stranded’ scenario. Finally, I had a competency interview where they asked the typical competency questions around their company values.

Interview Questions

• Please describe a time where you demonstrated excellent customer service.   Answer Question

Platform Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Aegon (Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)) in April 2017.

Interview

It was very straight forward. Telephone interview then the next day they called me back for the following week for a face to face interview. However I scored 4/5 in my interviews at other companies but really marked down here. Not sure if it was because I work for one of their main competitors. I also asked for feedback on my interview as I was a little confused with what they had told me I was like during the interview. They wanted to charge me to give me feedback.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Aegon (Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)) in April 2017.

Interview

Interviewed on a Saturday. Given details on a telephone role play on arrival, 10 minutes to read it over. Then put into a room with a telephone on a desk and had to answer 2 phone calls from pretend customers and take down various details and answer their queries appropriately. Followed by a competency based interview with a panel of two.

Interview Questions

• All competency based. Explain a situation where you have dealt with a difficult customer etc   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Aegon (Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview was pretty standard. Friendly and well organised. However was pretty old fashion. Didn't feel like a conversation, was more like being fired questions without a chance to get to know the job or company.

Culture too old fashioned

Channel Marketing Manager Interview

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Aegon.

Interview

Average difficulty I heard back from them 10 days after application, did an interview by skype and then an assessment day after one month. Good experience overall and focus on technicality

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aegon (Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)) in June 2016.

Interview

Asked me about my work history and different scenarios I encountered
    Asked me what things I was able to bring to the company I worked in previously and based it arounf customer service.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you had to deal with a difficult customer.   1 Answer