Agoda Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Agoda Interview Questions

Interviews at Agoda

1. Featured Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Agoda in October 2017.

Interview

I applied online, hiring manager get back to me pretty quick, I took the online talent-Pitch, it was long, and uses a lot of brain games tools. Then, get a call for a face to face interview

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an angry customer?   1 Answer

Software Development Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Agoda in September 2016.

Interview

The initial part of the process was ok, but the last online interview was pretty bad. It seemed like the purpose of that interview was for the interviewer to show off how smart he was. He talked too much, and did not listen to my answers. It shows a pretty bad interviewing skills. Pretty arrogant too: "we are the best", "we hire the smartest". I was rejected, but I would not go work for that guy anyway.

Operations Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Agoda in May 2017.

Interview

Probably one of the most unprofessional and unorganized interview processes I have ever experienced. Was contacted by a recruiter who scheduled an initial interview and expressed interest in my background. Had an introduction call at which point was handed over to a recruiter in Asia.

Over the next two months was scheduled for interviews which constantly changed and was rescheduled. On three separate occasions the people I was scheduled to interview with never showed up on the line and in the last was scheduled to meet with someone I had already talked to two months ago.

No one seemed to have any idea of what was going on and while they said the role was essential it became obvious early on that it wasn't. Decided early on that there was no way I was going to accept the role but tried to accommodate the schizophrenic interview process.

Overall a complete waste of time that left me with a very bad impression of the company, hope their parent company knows whats going on.

Market Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Agoda.

Interview

My first interview with the recruiter was via Skype. My second and third interview was through phone. The actual process wasn't too bad. None of the questions they asked were out of the ordinary.

Market Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Agoda (New York, NY).

Interview

Took over a week. Spoke with several different recruiters for long lengths of time. I don't think this position is being represented correctly as it seems like number crunching more than anything else. The turnover in the NY office also seems to be high which is never a good sign.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of something that didn't go as you'd planned and what you learned from it.   1 Answer

Market Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Agoda (New York, NY) in April 2013.

Interview

Interview with VP and director. Some tough questions but overall manageable. They also had this test at home to be done. That was very difficult. However if you pass the test and do well in interviewing you should be fine.

Interview Questions

• If you apply for market manager make sure to know about things like parity issues   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Agoda (New York, NY) in May 2018.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter as someone that they were interested in interviewing for the position. I accepted the interview and was rushed in for the first interview within a day or two. I interviewed with the hiring manager, and was told she would be out of the country for a period of time and that there would be follow up to let me know what the next steps would be.

I waited a week or so with no contact so I followed up with the recruiter. He said that the hiring manager was still out of the country and had more interviews to conduct but would get back to me. Another week passed, and I still had not heard anything, so I reached out again. He called me back and explained they had chosen to go a different direction.

I asked for feedback from the hiring manager about the interview and was told that she thought the interview was good but was not wowed. He stated that the candidate that did move on "knocked it out of the park." It sounded as though only a few people were interviewed for the position, and only one was sent to the next step. I thanked the recruiter for the call and told him that if something were to not work out I was happy to revisit this or if he knew of any other positions I may be a fit for to please let me know and I would be happy to discuss those opportunities.

My advice to the hiring manager and the recruiter would be to ensure that they are willing to provide some amount of feedback in the event that they are going to follow up and personally connect with those not selected. It was asked of me to provide feedback following my interview to the recruiter which I did, and told to me that they would follow up with me. As time continued to go on that part of this process seemed to slip away from them. Other than that though, a professionally run organization.

Interview Questions

• What is the importance of KPIs in your current job, and how do you use them to analyze the performance of your department.   1 Answer

Assistant Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Agoda (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

The process included a HR phone screen, a Skype interview with the manager, an online personality test, an Excel assignment, and another Skype interview with another manager, spread out over an entire month. I am also applying from out of state, so it's possible someone local could have been invited to an on-site interview earlier in the process instead of having multiple Skype interviews. The HR rep called to let me know that they had decided to move forward with someone else, which I appreciated. Aside from the Excel assignment, they seemed to emphasize personality / cultural fit over technical skill.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Agoda (New York, NY).

Interview

It began with a call with the recruiter who was very nice in the entire process. I then met with two people in person which went well but in the end I did not get it due to someone else with more experience. I think my main complaint and reason for writing a review is that the recruiter scheduled time with me to let me know I did not get the job because someone else had more experience. As someone who does not like confrontation that much, it was very awkward to hear this news because initially he scheduled it for the very end of the day. All day I was waiting and curious what it was about- possibly thinking it was an offer. I think an email would have been fine. but that is just my preference.

Interview Questions

• Mostly how I deal with clients - a time a scenario went well, did not go well.   Answer Question

Global Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Agoda (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

It was very relaxed yet thorough. The whole process was efficient and the communication between all affiliated departments for the process was extremely smooth and fluid.They were accommodating considering the initial interview was through video conferencing and the time zone was 12 hours apart.

Interview Questions

• Seeing as how my position was of the technical variety, I was asked about my skill set and what I look for in a company.   1 Answer

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Agoda (New York, NY) in April 2018.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted by recruiter. Recruiter was helpful in coordinating interviews. However, through my interview I noticed that the interviewers are struggling to explain what the job can do. Hiring managers seem to lack the knowledge of internal work because everyone is very new. For new employees, I would be concerned because management seem to lack direction. I'm glad I didn't get the offer because I would have declined it anyway.

Seem like the company is pretty disorganized with so many internal changes.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you struggle with a stakeholder   1 Answer