Agoda Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Agoda Interview Questions

Updated Sep 17, 2017

Assistant Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Agoda (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

The process included a HR phone screen, a Skype interview with the manager, an online personality test, an Excel assignment, and another Skype interview with another manager, spread out over an entire month. I am also applying from out of state, so it's possible someone local could have been invited to an on-site interview earlier in the process instead of having multiple Skype interviews. The HR rep called to let me know that they had decided to move forward with someone else, which I appreciated. Aside from the Excel assignment, they seemed to emphasize personality / cultural fit over technical skill.

Global Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Agoda (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

It was very relaxed yet thorough. The whole process was efficient and the communication between all affiliated departments for the process was extremely smooth and fluid.They were accommodating considering the initial interview was through video conferencing and the time zone was 12 hours apart.

Interview Questions

• Seeing as how my position was of the technical variety, I was asked about my skill set and what I look for in a company.   1 Answer

Software Development Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Agoda in September 2016.

Interview

The initial part of the process was ok, but the last online interview was pretty bad. It seemed like the purpose of that interview was for the interviewer to show off how smart he was. He talked too much, and did not listen to my answers. It shows a pretty bad interviewing skills. Pretty arrogant too: "we are the best", "we hire the smartest". I was rejected, but I would not go work for that guy anyway.

User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Interview

It's a friendly and open chat with the recruiter. We talked about the cultures and works env. in Agoda company. Show the company process and portfolio. I showed my portfolio and we talked about the chance to work in Agoda.

Market Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Agoda.

Interview

My first interview with the recruiter was via Skype. My second and third interview was through phone. The actual process wasn't too bad. None of the questions they asked were out of the ordinary.

Market Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Agoda (New York, NY).

Interview

Took over a week. Spoke with several different recruiters for long lengths of time. I don't think this position is being represented correctly as it seems like number crunching more than anything else. The turnover in the NY office also seems to be high which is never a good sign.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of something that didn't go as you'd planned and what you learned from it.   Answer Question

Account Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Agoda (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

Had 3 interviews, 1 online IQ/personality test.
    Overall experience was great. It was unfortunate that I did not get an offer but the people were very friendly and nice. It felt like they were looking for the right candidate that would fit the position.
    However, I did feel that the interview process took a long time. I had 3 interviews in a 6 week period all on different dates. It felt like they had to go through certain processes to hire.

Product Owner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Agoda (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

Phone screening by VP, Phone interviews with 2 other PO's, online exam(stupid in my opinion). After the third call, they just stopped responding. I invested a fair amount of time preparing and actually participating in the interviews, it's understandable to find that I'm not a fit but they should at least have the courtesy to call back and tell me. The exam was basically testing my number crunching skills.

Undisclosed Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Agoda in November 2014.

Interview

What started out as a very positive and encouraging process quickly deteriorated into maybe the most frustrating, even unprofessional, experiences I've ever had as a candidate. After applying on-line, I was contacted for a phone interview by a senior member of the company's HR operation in Bangkok. That seemed to go quite well, and I was told I'd be sent some on-line assessments to complete, and that next steps would also include interviews with other key decision makers. Since we are in different countries these would most likely be by Skype video.

Several days later I received emails linking me to the assessments, and I completed those over a few subsequent evenings, after which I emailed the HR person I'd interviewed with to learn about any next steps.

No reply.

After sufficient time passed, I emailed again, and like the first time, through the response feature in their applicant tracking system.

No reply.

Over the next couple of weeks I emailed 2 more times, these sent to the person's direct email address, which I also had.

No reply.

Considering how well the first call had gone, and the seniority and experience level of the person I'd spoken to, I wondered if something had befallen that person: an extended illness, leave of absence, etc. I called the main number, entered the person's extension number when prompted, but when the system transferred me to that extension all I heard was the line ringing repeatedly, never being answered and never rolling over to any kind of voice-mail system. I called back, dialed "0" for the operator, and after waiting endlessly for someone to answer, an operator finally did. She confirmed that I did have the correct extension, but was not able to offer anything more than that the person I was trying to reach "might be in a meeting".

It's a very basic courtesy that a candidate who has been interviewed should be responded to, even if that response is to let them know they're no longer in the running. And when that candidate emails their interviewer directly inquiring about their status, a prompt reply one way or the other is absolutely expected. That this did not happen, and from a senior HR person who should understand this better than anyone, paints a very disappointing picture of this company and how it is run.

After more than 2 months, I have given up.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult or unexpected was asked.   1 Answer

Market Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Agoda (New York, NY) in April 2013.

Interview

Interview with VP and director. Some tough questions but overall manageable. They also had this test at home to be done. That was very difficult. However if you pass the test and do well in interviewing you should be fine.

Interview Questions

• If you apply for market manager make sure to know about things like parity issues   Answer Question