Alberta Health Services Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Alberta Health Services Interview Questions

Interviews at Alberta Health Services

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edmond, OK

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Alberta Health Services (Edmond, OK).

Interview

Manager contact several weeks after the competition closing date. Offered an apology stating that the delay was the result of unrealistic work loads .... quite an odd statement to make to a potential non exempt employee. Interview rescheduled by manager twice. On the third go, it seemed as though a general lack of regard existed given that the time agreed to was delayed by 20 minutes with no communication from the manager or admin staff concerning the delay. Eventually participated in a very informal interview by a panel of 6 and offered the position 3 days later.

Interview Questions

• Nothing specific that comes to mind, quite a mindless interview tool   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very little opportunity for negotiation

Paramedic Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Alberta Health Services (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in January 2013.

Interview

Group interview
    Star format
    They want examples of difficult calls, interpersonal conflict etc. try to have a couple examples can use. Can be stressful, will have one person writing, one person asking the questions.
    Take your time

Lab Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Alberta Health Services (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in August 2016.

Interview

- After being selected via an online application on the AHS website, I was called and asked to come in for a panel interview with two other employees (3 interviewers in total)

Interview Questions

• Name an example of conflict in the workplace and how did you resolve the situation   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Alberta Health Services.

Interview

First interview: with a senior scientist and an analyst with the same role. Regular behaviral questions, about one hour. Second interview: with the scientific leader and a senior scientist. Ask about resume, about 20 minutes. The interviews were standard with not many difficult questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation when you felt frustrating, and what would you do to deal with it?   Answer Question

Application

Interview

The interview was very good. Both interviewers were very nice. Not difficult questions. Everything sounded really good but four days after I received an email thanking me but saying that I was out of the hiring process. It was tough!

Interview Questions

• I don't remember any difficult or unexpected question. All of them were very accurate are oriented to the position   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Alberta Health Services (Calgary, AB (Canada)).

Interview

It was a behavioral type interview with three interviewers. The interviewers were very pleasant and the whole process was very professional and nice. There was a written test before the interview as well

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to join AHS
      What motivates you
      Previous experience   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Alberta Health Services (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in February 2014.

Interview

The department manager and a team member interviewed me. They went through each question on a list. They were very friendly. I was nervous at begining, but getting more comfortable later on.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Alberta Health Services (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in November 2012.

Interview

It was a casual meeting with my manager. Simple set of behavioral questions. "Tell me about a time..." If you've done your homework you shouldn't get anything unexpected. This does vary from manager to manager however. See if you can figure out what the interviewing manager would be like.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Didn't really negotiate salaries as an intern. I did however get very flexible hours which I could come in any time of the day more or less.

IT Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Alberta Health Services in July 2014.

Interview

Great interview process. They asked good thought provoking questions that delved more into who I was than what technical skills I have. Also really enjoyed how detailed they were in explaining the position and challenges I would face. Made my decision much easier to make.

Interview Questions

• Asked about conflicts with other employee's I've had a other positions and how I handled it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not much negotiation. Wage was unionized so there was no flexibility. But I already knew that heading in, so no surprises.

Case Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Alberta Health Services (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in July 2015.

Interview

Two interviewers - both senior Case Managers. Interviewed downtown. They both took turns asking questions and probing and paraphrasing to clarify some answers. They made me feel very comfortable during the interview and we engaging and engaged myself during interview. They thanked me for coming in and would let me know and give me feedback in one week. And they did what they said. They selected a candidate with more experience. Even though I wasn't selected, the whole interview and process with this department was professional and positive and would have loved working with them as they were really nice people!

Interview Questions

• Behavioural and situational. Asked about experience mostly a little about the company.   Answer Question