Alberta Health Services Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Alberta Health Services Interview Questions

Updated Dec 24, 2017

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edmond, OK

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Alberta Health Services (Edmond, OK).

Interview

Manager contact several weeks after the competition closing date. Offered an apology stating that the delay was the result of unrealistic work loads .... quite an odd statement to make to a potential non exempt employee. Interview rescheduled by manager twice. On the third go, it seemed as though a general lack of regard existed given that the time agreed to was delayed by 20 minutes with no communication from the manager or admin staff concerning the delay. Eventually participated in a very informal interview by a panel of 6 and offered the position 3 days later.

Interview Questions

• Nothing specific that comes to mind, quite a mindless interview tool   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very little opportunity for negotiation

Health Care Aide Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Alberta Health Services.

Interview

Got a call to do a pre interview, then a week later got a call to schedule an interview, was interviewed by 2 people.
    One asked the questions and the other wrote down your answers.

Administrative Support III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Alberta Health Services (Calgary, AB (Canada)).

Interview

Required a medical terminology test consisting of 30 words. Fairly straight forward with 30 mins to complete. Once you receive a %80 of higher you move onto the next part of the interview, which consisted of basic interview questions. Scenario based and experience.

Interview Questions

• What did you do in a situation when you were not agreeing with a co-worker, what did you do to fix it?   1 Answer

Licensed Practical Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lac La Biche, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Alberta Health Services (Lac La Biche, AB (Canada)) in October 2017.

Interview

They ask questions regarding policies, goals, values and visions of AHS. As a nurse, you are also asked scenario questions that relate to direct patient care. There is a check list of questions you will be asked. You are also asked about previous experience, education and how it relates to the job you have applied for, how to deal with conflict, how to maintain confidentiality, what you have done in the last year to contribute to health related work and what you know about AHS values.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Alberta Health Services.

Interview

A single interview with the manager and tbge team lead. They alternated asking questions. It was at least 2 weeks from the time posting closed until I got called for the interview. Hired the day after, and started 1 month after that

Interview Questions

• What was something you were most proud of in a past position.   1 Answer

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Alberta Health Services (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in August 2017.

Interview

Long Interview with 2 interviewers with questions mainly regarding how to deal with conflict and difficult people with scenarios about different patient scenarios and what you would do in the situation.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation when you had to deal with a difficult client.   Answer Question

Physician (Laboratory Specialist) Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Alberta Health Services.

Interview

The position posted on national specialty websites listed UAH as the hospital where the successful candidate would work. As a U of A graduate, I learned by talking to former colleagues that the description was wrong, and that the job was actually based at the Royal Alexandra Hospital. Having two years of postdoctoral fellowships, and having trained there, I thought I had a chance of at least interviewing. I called the chief of department to express my interest and she said right away my CV was rejected for lack of experience, even though they had hired several of my colleagues without additional training. The discussion was extremely unprofessional and rude, and left me relieved I did not get the job to work with this person.

Interview Questions

• There were none, just thinly veiled insults at my qualifications and lies about the previously hired candidates.   Answer Question

Evaluation Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Alberta Health Services (Calgary, AB (Canada)).

Interview

Applied online in March. Contacted by Assistant in April to schedule interview. Interviewed in person by two researchers who were going to be working on the project. Interview was very structured and lasted 45 mins. They alternated asking questions. All the the questions were related to research and evaluation.

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Alberta Health Services (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in May 2017.

Interview

There was no interview process. I applied for a different job and then was contacted and hired for this job. It was ok but not what I wanted to do.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience with liturature searches?   1 Answer

Environmental Health/Housekeeping Interview

Anonymous Employee in Peace River, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Alberta Health Services (Peace River, AB (Canada)) in April 2017.

Interview

It took a while to hear back from the person doing the interviews, I had honestly forgotten I'd applied. He was a very nice guy, but his questions were a little difficult to understand at times.

Interview Questions

• If you're called at five o'clock in the morning, will you be able to come in by seven.   Answer Question