Alexion Pharmaceuticals Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Alexion Pharmaceuticals

2.9

Sort:

Anonymous Employee in New Haven, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Alexion Pharmaceuticals (New Haven, CT) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview process at Alexion proved to be both a quick and straight forward process by both HR and Team. There was a tremendous push to move along the interview process and fill as many positons in the New Haven area as possible due to the state/local commitment to bring new talent to the New Haven area. Unfortunately, with the cahnge in upper management, the commitment to New Haven has now disappeared and has shifted to Boston.

Associate Director Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Alexion Pharmaceuticals.

Interview

Alexion made a verbal offer within a week of the onsite interview. The culture was palpable, positive change.

Negotiation

Negotiations were fair.

Anonymous Employee in Cheshire, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Alexion Pharmaceuticals (Cheshire, CT).

Interview

A 20 minute presentation was required on a topic they provided that was job related. After that, a 45 minute group interview which included about 7 senior members asking pre-planned questions in round table fashion was held. They asked that all responses be provided in terms of a situation in your past experience, with details and how you were able to resolve a situation. They did explain this in the phone screen so I was able to prep about 10 different scenarios which helped.

Interview Questions

• Name an example of a time when you needed to make a decision without all information available to you.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Haven, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Alexion Pharmaceuticals (New Haven, CT).

Interview

The interviews took up most of the day. Management were able to recite the party line by heart. Mainly positive reviews of the people I interviewed with. HR on the other hand was disturbingly erratic. Polite and professional, then suddenly immature and unprofessional. The marked change in attitude was disconcerting, but revealing. After reading the reviews here by employees, I declined the offer. That as well as my experience with HR made it easy for me. Only 4 of 12 people would recommend working at Alexion. Great benefits (stock, vacation, etc), but that's it.

Appealing offer made, but declined due to reasons noted above.

The company has gone through growing pains, and is still experiencing them as they try to scale up due to the success of their product. I can't recall the name of the town where i interviewed, so i selected New Haven below, as they are relocating there next year.

Interview Questions

Read employee reviews carefully. Test the people you interview with to see if they are who you would want to work with.

Lab Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Alexion Pharmaceuticals (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview process was ok. From first contact to in person interview took about 3 or 4 weeks. Had 2 phone interviews and 1 in person interview that lasted about 3 hours and involved meeting with 6 different people. Was told I would be notified whether I got the job or not and could email any questions I may have. They did not end up contacting me at all and also ignored an email I sent asking for an update.

Interview Questions

Alexion Pharmaceuticals Response

Dec 15, 2016 – Human Resources Professional

We appreciate you taking the time to share your interview experience. It is important to us in Talent Acquisition that candidates have a great experience with Alexion, including making the most of... More

Scientist I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cheshire, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Alexion Pharmaceuticals (Cheshire, CT).

Interview

Applied online and talked over the phone with HR first and than with hiring manager. HR was very friendly and asked relevant questions. Hiring manager did not like me as he find out I was older than himself. He asked detailed questions about chemical reactions that I answered correctly. My skills matched the job description very well.

Interview Questions

• What is the optimal concentration of a certain chemical in reaction x?   Answer Question

Editor Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Alexion Pharmaceuticals.

Interview

Telephone pre-screen with in-house recruiter. Indicated I would make the in-person interview rounds due to strong recommendations from known employees. Five weeks later I got a group, form email stating the position had been filled. Sent a follow-up inquiry for feedback, no response. Not impressed with the professionalism of this company, and in-house recruiters either have no power or don't mind burning bridges.

Interview Questions

• General sales pitch, how great the company is (despite all the online evidence to the contrary).   Answer Question

QC Analyst II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Smithfield, RI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Alexion Pharmaceuticals (Smithfield, RI) in May 2016.

Interview

The interview was straight forward, professional, and long. The human resources contact never followed up after the interview was completed nor answered a "Thank You Note" and a "Follow Up Letter" leaving me wondering of the results of the interview. After some time, I concluded that I was not selected for the position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?
      What are your short and long term goals?
      If you were offered the position, what would you be focusing on your 1st year?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Haven, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Alexion Pharmaceuticals (New Haven, CT) in April 2017.

Interview

Interview process went very smoothly. After the hiring Manager saw my resume they called the same day to set up the interview. The Interviewer was pleasant and courteous albeit the Interviewer seemed distracted.

Interview Questions

• What experience did I have with managing projects on validated systems?   Answer Question

Senior Finance Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Alexion Pharmaceuticals (Boston, MA) in September 2018.

Interview

Phone screen with HR, followed by phone screen with hiring manager. Both were fine, however big red flag when it then took more than three weeks to schedule the on-site interview.

Finally had the on-site interview and it was an all day event, met with 7 folks separately. It is good to meet with all stakeholders on the same day (as opposed to requiring second/third round interviews), however it is very inefficient and cumbersome to have a candidate walk through their resume 7 times in a row. A panel interview would have been welcome.

The interview went fairly well, I would estimate I knocked it out of the park with 5 of the 7 interviewers. Not bad, however wasn't expecting an offer though as the conversation wasn't that great with 2 of the management folks.

Where I am extremely disappointed in Alexion is that since the interview I never heard back at all. HR has ignored all of my e-mails, and the same for the hiring manager. Zero response, no feedback from the interviewers, nothing.

I am very glad the process did not result in a job offer, as I believe all interview candidates should be treated with dignity and respect for their time and efforts. It says a lot about Alexion's culture for them to treat candidates with such neglect.

Interview Questions

• Describe your work experience which best relates to this role.   Answer Question