AlienVault Interview Questions | Glassdoor

AlienVault Interview Questions

Interviews at AlienVault

2.5

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at AlienVault.

Interview

Applied online, was invited to meet with the sales manager onsite with no pre qualifying phone calls or anything - thought... Sweet!

Had interview, didn't really feel it personally... The questions were too generic, ambiguous and 'used car salesy'. It felt like the dude thought I wasn't a good fit basically right away - and he'd have been correct, as I definitely felt that AlienVault wasn't the company for me within about 2 minutes of the interview beginning.

I mentioned I had several interviews lined up and was asked to keep in touch about how they went... he started to pack his stuff up before I had a chance to ask any questions... so I interjected with "what are the next steps" to which he said "errr, I'm interviewing a few more people and then I'll get back to you"

I never heard back - I was fine with it all until the no response at all, very unprofessional in my humble opinion, but whatever, I scored a job with a company that has reviews 100x better and is an awesome place to grow a career. Good luck to Alienvault in the future as the product seems pretty awesome and clearly them and I were just not the right fit, but it would have been nice to get a response of some sort.

Interview Questions

• There really weren't any of significance to stand out...   Answer Question

Training Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at AlienVault (Austin, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

I worked with Laura Bennett, senior recruiter from Providence Partners who correctly identified a good fit for both my skill set and the cultural fit that matched her client's requirements (broad professional development and training experience with hands on cloud app and data consulting experience along with OS, networking and security awareness) in a comfortable and highly professional initial screening interview. We discussed the role, company and hiring manager as well as my career and career goals along with the transition period I experienced at the time. Laura's knowledge of her client was excellent and she facilitated an initial conversation with the hiring manager which obviously went well.

She assisted in a rather long process (8 total interviews including a technical interview and an onsite visit to meet the hiring manager, VP and operations manager) and was always there following up and making sure I had excellent feedback quickly and follow on next steps (which I made sure of as well, but it was great to have a backstop). Here was the process:
    Initial remote 30 minute conversation with hiring manager.
    Hour technical interview with senior trainer - we discussed technical terms and processes, then there was a hands on practical where I configured some Linux processes and solved a problem.
    In person interview with hiring manager, VP (who happened to be in the office that day) and operations manager for training (new to job this year).
    Follow on remote interviews with a new but highly experienced trainer and a courseware developer.
    Only blemish was that I had to wait over a week for the offer after I was notified I would get one. Positive is the hiring manager and recruiter stayed engaged and I had plenty to do anyway.

The recruiter's enthusiasm, insight, calm phone demeanor and willingness to help was invaluable. She was organized, prompt in response and provided me with many useful tips and feedback throughout the interview process as was the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• How I would approach and solve various training challenges in developing courseware and delivering classes for cloud software.   1 Answer
    • My training approach and philosophy   1 Answer
    • Two linux servers are online, but one cannot get to the internet. Solve it.   1 Answer
    • Two linux servers on are on the network. Configure one to send its logs to the other and check to see that it has done it.   1 Answer

Undefined Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at AlienVault.

Interview

Multiple interviews, in various settings: phone, email, on site, individual, group, followup, in town, out of town, submitting a resume, completing an online version of a resume, responding to email communication

Interview Questions

• Varying across multiple individuals, ranging from productive conversational style, to drilling/interrogational style, to questions intended to throw one off--irrelevant to position.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at AlienVault (San Mateo, CA) in February 2018.

Interview

Phone screen from a recruiter in Texas, and then onsite in San Mateo. Interviewed with three different people. Great interviews, and I felt very confident that my experience at two tech unicorns that I would bring tremendous value. However, I did not hear back from them for a few weeks. When I pinged the recruiter she said "Thank you so much for your time, however, we are continuing to interview candidates for the role. I'll follow up with more information as soon as I can. " That gave me a feeling that they really don't know what they're looking for in Account Executives, because they initially reached out to me. At the same time, their sales is 100% inbound, so it's more of a call center atmosphere than enterprise sales. Not a bad thing, because that also means they have an excellent marketing engine. After doing some digging, I was informed that I was "too senior" for the role.

Interview Questions

• If you could have any job in the world, what would it be?   Answer Question

AlienVault Response

Mar 16, 2018 – AlienVault Team

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on our interview process. We strive to be highly responsive and keep an interviewee apprised of the status of hiring and no more than a week should... More

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at AlienVault (Austin, TX) in August 2017.

Interview

The interview process was very encouraging. I met with 3 members of the senior management team who asked great intuitive and professional questions. As well they were prompt and had a dedicated recruiting professional who made my experience very welcoming.

Interview Questions

• How do you create urgency in a sales cycle?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AlienVault (Austin, TX) in August 2017.

Interview

Phone screening followed by interview with all the managers. More informal and conversational to get a feeling for who you are as a person. I didn't get the job, they were very respectful of my time and extremely friendly. You get the feeling that they are looking for more then just another employee. I respect there process. although i wasn't selected and am truly disappointed that I wasn't. I get the feeling that I would've loved working there.

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AlienVault in July 2017.

Interview

I applied online for the AE position. I heard back to set up a phone screen relatively quick. The phone screen was basic, just discussing my background. I was assured that I'd hear back by Friday with the next steps. (It was a Wednesday) Friday came, and I never heard back. The next Friday, I still hadn't heard anything so I sent an email requesting information on next steps. The Friday after that, I still hadn't heard anything. I had to reach out to a friend that works there to gain any information. They had him relay that I wasn't being considered.

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at AlienVault (San Mateo, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

I was referred to AlienVault by a former co-worker. The hiring manager contacted me to set up a phone interview the same day my resume was submitted. I was asked to come in for an onsite interview and met with the Director of Sales for North America and learned more about the company's direction, growth, and cultural. The process was fast and they answered all of my questions with out hesitation. The people that I met with showed excitement and a sense of pride on working for AlienVault. Because of this, I had no problem accepting their offer.

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AlienVault in January 2015.

Interview

I applied online for this position, and heard back from the hiring manager that same day via e-mail. He wished to scheduled a preliminary call for the following day. After agreeing upon a time and sharing contact details, I did a bit of investigating on Glassdoor.com. The reviews for sales roles were pretty unimpressive, but I decided to still take the call and make my own opinion. The following day at the agreed upon time, I sat by my phone for approximately 30 minutes before realizing that I had been blown off. Now I have my own opinion: I definitely don't want to work here.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at AlienVault in June 2016.

Interview

Coding challenge, data structure conversation, then met with team members and head of development. Given a great feeling i did well with all points of the interview. Questions were not that complicated. Gave references, then waited 4 weeks for a response which was a pass with no constructive reasons why.

Interview Questions

• Code a priority queue with tests. Specs were confusingly written so take your time.   Answer Question