AlienVault Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at AlienVault

2.4

Product Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AlienVault (Austin, TX).

Interview

They provide materials to study and do not expect prior knowledge of the subject matter. Once you go in, it’s a basic discussion about the matter followed by a discussion about your resume, skills etc

Undefined Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at AlienVault.

Interview

Multiple interviews, in various settings: phone, email, on site, individual, group, followup, in town, out of town, submitting a resume, completing an online version of a resume, responding to email communication

Interview Questions

• Varying across multiple individuals, ranging from productive conversational style, to drilling/interrogational style, to questions intended to throw one off--irrelevant to position.   Answer Question

Technical Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AlienVault (San Francisco, CA) in December 2018.

Interview

I applied online for the position, was super excited about it as I'm a customer of Alien Vault since many years back.
    A few days after I applied the Director of Staffing reached out to schedule a phone interview, gave him my availability and.......Crickets. reached out 3 days later to follow up, you guessed it CRICKETS.
    No wonder only 66% of it's current employees recommends this place!

Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at AlienVault (Austin, TX) in October 2018.

Interview

I applied online and heard back about a week later. Met with the sales manager after an initial phone screening and really hit it off. Was told by him and the recruiter that I would be meeting with the VP for my final interview. From that point forward it was a complete mess. He stood me up on my first scheduled interview with him. Recruiters repeatedly scheduled me for calls and interviews with him, and he stood me up on every single one. The recruitment team admitted to me that it was due to their own error in scheduling, and told me to follow up with them in a couple of days. After repeatedly following up with them over the next several weeks, each time being assured that they would finally get me in front of the VP, I received a call and was told that they moved forward with another candidate. They admitted to doing so due to their own inability to schedule me for a final interview.

In the end, it all worked out because I got a much better offer from another company. But it must go on record for other people applying here that the recruiting staff at AlienVault is, at best, incompetent and unprofessional. This was the sorriest excuse for an interview process that I have ever been apart of.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at AlienVault (San Mateo, CA) in February 2018.

Interview

Phone screen from a recruiter in Texas, and then onsite in San Mateo. Interviewed with three different people. Great interviews, and I felt very confident that my experience at two tech unicorns that I would bring tremendous value. However, I did not hear back from them for a few weeks. When I pinged the recruiter she said "Thank you so much for your time, however, we are continuing to interview candidates for the role. I'll follow up with more information as soon as I can. " That gave me a feeling that they really don't know what they're looking for in Account Executives, because they initially reached out to me. At the same time, their sales is 100% inbound, so it's more of a call center atmosphere than enterprise sales. Not a bad thing, because that also means they have an excellent marketing engine. After doing some digging, I was informed that I was "too senior" for the role.

Interview Questions

• If you could have any job in the world, what would it be?   Answer Question

AlienVault Response

Mar 16, 2018 – AlienVault Team

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on our interview process. We strive to be highly responsive and keep an interviewee apprised of the status of hiring and no more than a week should go by. In our follow-up, we should have provided more specific feedback to you and what we were looking for. It appears as if we fell short this time and we are sorry for that. We wish you the best in your search for the next unicorn.

Best Regards,
    AlienVault HR

UX Researcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AlienVault (Austin, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

Applied online through the university website. Got a follow-up mail in a few days and scheduled a phone interview. Phone interview was mostly about me talking about my projects. Lunch interview was more like talking more about case scenarios.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at AlienVault (Austin, TX) in August 2017.

Interview

The interview process was very encouraging. I met with 3 members of the senior management team who asked great intuitive and professional questions. As well they were prompt and had a dedicated recruiting professional who made my experience very welcoming.

Interview Questions

• How do you create urgency in a sales cycle?   1 Answer

Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AlienVault (Austin, TX) in August 2017.

Interview

Two behavior phone interviews. One onsite meeting with team and manager. All completed over a the period of a month. I applied through a college friend who was already working there.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle change?
      What is your work experience?
      What do you like "geeking" out on?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AlienVault (Austin, TX) in August 2017.

Interview

Phone screening followed by interview with all the managers. More informal and conversational to get a feeling for who you are as a person. I didn't get the job, they were very respectful of my time and extremely friendly. You get the feeling that they are looking for more then just another employee. I respect there process. although i wasn't selected and am truly disappointed that I wasn't. I get the feeling that I would've loved working there.

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AlienVault in July 2017.

Interview

I applied online for the AE position. I heard back to set up a phone screen relatively quick. The phone screen was basic, just discussing my background. I was assured that I'd hear back by Friday with the next steps. (It was a Wednesday) Friday came, and I never heard back. The next Friday, I still hadn't heard anything so I sent an email requesting information on next steps. The Friday after that, I still hadn't heard anything. I had to reach out to a friend that works there to gain any information. They had him relay that I wasn't being considered.