Alvarez & Marsal Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 31, 2017

3.1

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Alvarez & Marsal (Houston, TX).

Interview

Extensive multiple interviews, mostly via phone. Over a course of 2 months. I spoke to Sr. Managment from several locations within the practice and additionally had a sit-down interview with several peer level and below individuals that I would be working with directly prior to receiving an Offer. After the last interview, Sr Mgmt within the practice discussed the results and feedback from those I spoke with and an offer was extended via the HR group.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see the marketplace going?   1 Answer

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Alvarez & Marsal.

Interview

The interview process was very smooth and quite similar to what you would expect from any other consultancy. Spoke with various managers and partners throughout the business but had one point of contact (a Partner). This made for a very smooth process where I could get all my questions answered.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Alvarez & Marsal (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

1 on campus interview then let you know the same day if you get the 5 hour interview at their office. Meet with a lot of members of the staff. It is all behavioral questions and conversation. They really emphasize looking for the right fit, but they seem very cliquey. I thought it went well and all the conversations were very upbeat and friendly; however, they did not offer me the position. The 5 hours of interviewing seemed excessive, and felt like a wast of time. It was very repetitive.

Interview Questions

• Greatest Accomplishment, Describe my resume, experience working in groups   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Alvarez & Marsal (Houston, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

1st round consisted of a behavioral interview. 2nd round was a group case combined with one individual business case. You were put in a group of 4 people and given 2 hours to interpret data and give a recommendation.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if the client didn't agree with your recommendation?   Answer Question

Tax Advisory Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Alvarez & Marsal (Dallas, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

Brief on-campus interview, then a second round in their office in Dallas with six back-to-back interviews and a lunch in between. I was invited for the second round interview the night after my first interview on campus, and got a call about my offer a few weeks later. Everyone was incredible, and conversations flowed smoothly. The office seems very tight-knit.

Tax Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Alvarez & Marsal (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

Consists of 6 interviews, with associates, directors and senior directors. Very casual and conversational. It's mainly them talking about the culture of the firm. They really want you to ask questions and engage in a conversation with them. No technical questions, mainly behavioral questions. They just want to see if you are a goof fit for the company or not.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Alvarez & Marsal (Washington, DC) in August 2016.

Interview

Very straightforward process. I applied through a recruiter and had 1 day of interviews with multiple members of their firm. There were really very few questions and it was almost all discussion based. They quickly made an offer, but with compensation lower than expected.

Interview Questions

• Just explain background and basic resume questions. Nothing very detailed at all.   Answer Question

Tax Associate Interview

Interview

Normal Process.The interview lasts for 6 hours including orientation, lunch and 5 individual interviews.People there are very kind, and the questions are just normal behavior questions. But the long process can be intense to someone who does not like long interviews, and they tend to repeat the same questions over and over again. Be prepare to ask a lot of questions yourself.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Alvarez & Marsal.

Interview

I was first called by phone and then was contacted a few weeks later informing me that representatives would be coming out for campus interviews. They had told me to set aside almost an hour for the interview, but I was only in there for no more than 30 minutes. I was slightly intimidated when I realized one of the interviewers was a Managing Director, because I had not anticipated this for a campus interview. However, both of the individuals were very easy to talk. They didn't really ask the typical interview questions, and it was more structured like having a conversation. I could tell that they liked me, but knew I was under-qualified for the position. After a little over a month they contacted me to schedule a final interview at the company's location. This interview did last the full time (roughly 2 hours) and consisted of four separate conversations with potential colleagues. They asked more challenging questions that assumed I did preliminary research, which I had. Everyone I encountered in the company was very friendly, and didn't seek to be intimidating -- overall a positive experience.

Payroll Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Alvarez & Marsal (New York, NY).

Interview

Met with a few (three) people within the department and was asked many questions regarding my work history and how I could best fill the role they were seeking. Very professional, and a seamless process.