Amazon Software Development Engineer I Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Amazon Software Development Engineer I Intern Interview Questions

Interviews at Amazon

2.8

Software Development Engineer I Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Amazon in November 2017.

Interview

Applied online, and after some days, got an online test consisting of aptitude, debugging and coding questions. After that, had one more round of telephonic interview that consisted of 2 coding questions.

Interview Questions

• Given an array of sorted characters and a target character, find the closest character from array.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Amazon

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Amazon (Rochester, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

I was approached through the campus recruitment team for an online assessment test. The test was of 1.5 hours and consisted of 2 sections. The first section was a debugging test to check if you're able to understand someone else's code and debug the logical errors in it. The second section was to check the analytic ability. I am waiting for their reply

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amazon (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

No interest in background, resume, or past projects. Both interviewers seemed disinterested and standoffish. Jumped right into the coding questions, which were typical questions on data structures, searching, and sorting. The first interviewer seemed unsatisfied by my initial answers but didn't say why, which threw me off. The second interviewer was a bit more verbose and seemed better prepared for the interview overall. It wasn't quite an amazing experience, but it wasn't altogether terrible either.

Software Development Engineer I Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amazon in January 2015.

Interview

On campus interview. No phone screening. Got interview based on resume.
    There were two interviewers. There was no specific questions for any language. Each interview lasted 45 minutes. Both interviewers asked about the most challenging task that you have done in the past.
    Also why join Amazon ?

Interview Questions

• Write code to check if two strings are anagrams.
      Write code to find the angle between the hour hand and minute hand in a clock   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer I Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

Applied online. But interviews were conducted on campus. 2 technical interviews of 45 minutes each. No questions on resume. Interviewer directly started with technical question and asked me to write codes on a piece of paper

Interview Questions

• Signed NDA. All questions were technical. Be prepared to write codes.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in January 2015.

Interview

I applied online in December. Got contacted about 3 weeks after via email. Online assessment with seven coding questions given 21 mins. 2 weeks later, they contacted me for 2nd round of interview. The phone interview is schedule 1 week later. It had harder coding problems that includes Data structure, Algorithms,..etc.

Software Development Engineer I Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Amazon in February 2015.

Interview

I applied online and had not heard back for two months or so, but out of the blue I got an email asking me to interview. I had an online coding assessment that required me to debug several snippets of Java code. After completing this successfully, it was followed by a 45-minute phone interview that used Collabedit. The interviewer asked me about myself but most of the phone interview was focused on answering some data structure questions.

Software Development Engineer I Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

Applied through career fair. Got a mail for written interview.

The interview process included:
    First Round: Written Test [7 Coding questions + 15 Logical questions]
    Second Round: Phone Technical Interview [General C/C++/Java/Data Structures based questions]

Interview Questions

• 7 Check the errors in the code kind of questions.
      15 logical questions (You are A's Father but B's son.... kind of questions)   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Urbana, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Amazon (Urbana, IL) in February 2015.

Interview

I gave Amazon my resume at a career fair and they followed up with an email asking me to come do 2 45 minute interviews. They were very responsive and timely. The interview was held on campus and easily accessible.

Interview Questions

• They were pretty normal C++, Java questions. Respect the NDA, but it was ok.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer I Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Amazon in February 2015.

Interview

It was enlightening. They asked coding specific questions, and asked some questions about projects I'd been involved with. They seemed kind of disorganized since they forgot to give me an NDA to sign.

Interview Questions

• Write a function that returns the amount of univalues in a tree.
      How would you implement a function that fills paint it a square box like MS paint?   Answer Question