American Furniture Warehouse Interview Questions | Glassdoor

American Furniture Warehouse Interview Questions

2.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at American Furniture Warehouse

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Furniture Warehouse.

Interview

I walked in and found someone who could get the manager I was supposed to interview with. I got someone else instead. Interviewed with him. Someone else showed up. Asked me the same questions. Someone else showed up. Asked the SAME questions.... Finally, the right person showed up.

Guess what? I repeated my answers to questions I'd just been asked three times before.

Otherwise, it went well. Gave me the job at the end of the interview. It was pretty relaxed.

Anonymous Employee in Gilbert, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Furniture Warehouse (Gilbert, AZ) in August 2015.

Interview

You will be interviewed but two separate managers, most likely on separate occasions. They make the decision whether or not to hire you. Understand you will be in a training class which is usually At the Glendale location for 1 week. You will listen to the owner preach about his company for 1 of those days. When you get to start working you will shadow another sales person who does virtually all your training. The week your in the corporate training with Jeff Bomstein will be pointless and pain staking but it's required.

Interview Questions

• Asked questions like, why they should hire you over others? Do you have open availability? (Don't answer no). You will be given a drug test the same day they offer the job.   Answer Question

Front Desk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at American Furniture Warehouse in July 2015.

Interview

Students do not apply, not welcomed there
    *Do NOT apply if you have anything else going on*

I received a call to come in for an interview the following day at the given time, and that was that. I went in for my interview and the person I had spoken too was late, she was an extremely nice individual though. I went to meet with a manager and after a few minutes we began the interview. I had to wait longer for the interview than it lasted. I am taking college classes twice a week early in the morning, which I told them. I am available every other hour besides that, including weekends, evenings, holidays, all the busy times. The manager did not even let me finish by the time she started lecturing about how her store is open 7 days a week from 10 to 10 and only closes 3 days a year and that they do not have time to have someone pick their schedule. She snapped at the other girl for not asking me about my availability. Again, let me remind I only have classes a couple hours a week, and I'm working in retail as a store manager in a mall, and am well aware of work hours.

Warehouse Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Firestone, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at American Furniture Warehouse (Firestone, CO) in July 2015.

Interview

Applied online then got a phone call and then went to the interview. Interview with Laidback not intimidating. the questions were about past experience and why I would be a good fit

Interview Questions

• Why are you right for this position   1 Answer

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at American Furniture Warehouse (Englewood, CO) in June 2015.

Interview

It took about a month before I was finally called in for an interview. When I did though, we sat down and the manager asked pretty typical interview questions, and if I shopped there. We got to know each other a little bit and he was extremely nice! The interview went well and he asked me to come back in a few days for a second interview with a different manager. I returned for the second interview, and it was very brief with a few more questions. He was also very nice and I was offered the job on the spot!

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Furniture Warehouse (Colorado Springs, CO) in May 2015.

Interview

The store manager was specific in questions, helpful and informative. My interview process was easy, didn't feel scared. I think the interview was about 30min long. Felt really good leaving, knowing we both connected well and it would be a good place to work.

Anonymous Employee in Gilbert, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Furniture Warehouse (Gilbert, AZ) in April 2015.

Interview

A bit awkward. He asked me some seemingly irrelevant questions. I am sure that there is a set format for the interviewer, so I can't complain. The best part is that I got the job. The manager is no longer there.

Interview Questions

• What would you change about yourself?   1 Answer
    • Q: What was one thing that they asked you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at American Furniture Warehouse (Colorado Springs, CO) in April 2015.

Interview

It wasn't a bad experience, but it wasn't good either. The manager kind of rubbed me the wrong way. He almost seemed like he was discouraging me. He wouldn't let me say I wanted the job - he said to call him the next morning if I was still interested. I don't know if this was some sort of test...but I told him during the interview that I was very interested and would love to work there. I called him the next morning three times, left a message once. He wouldn't answer me. I guess he just didn't like me? It was strange though. He also talked poorly of his employees during the interview, saying most of them were lazy, but still earned commission. The whole thing was just odd. He didn't ask me any questions about myself either. It was just basically "This job can be difficult, not sure if it's for you, it's not for everyone" but didn't even ask me about my sales experience. Also said buying an iPad was mandatory. They don't provide them. There should be an option under "interview difficulty" for "weird". It wasn't easy or difficult. Just weird.

Interview Questions

• Is health insurance important to you? (The only question he asked).   Answer Question

Lift Operator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at American Furniture Warehouse in March 2015.

Interview

Two gentlemen interview me and asked me about my work history and what I did at my previous job in detail.
     They explained benefits, rate of pay, and a brief history about the company. They got to know me very well and I was honestly thrilled to have interviewed for them.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at American Furniture Warehouse (Englewood, CO) in January 2015.

Interview

I saw a posting on their Facebook page that they were hiring with a link back to their careers page. I applied using their online application system, which was very easy to use. Spoke with Shannon in HR on the phone and came in for an in person interview with 3 people. HR Staff is very helpful in completing the process and provides timely communications.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite social media channel for business?   Answer Question