Ameriflight Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

Sort:

Corporate Position Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Ameriflight (Dallas, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

I received a call to set up an interview. I was asked some questions about availability, pay request, etc.
    A week later, I arrived for my interview. I interviewed with 3 people on 3 topics. All interviews went smoothly. Interviewers were very nice and represented the company well and in a good light.

Line Service Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Ameriflight (Phoenix, AZ) in July 2016.

Interview

I found out about the position from someone that I know who works there. Eventually I was contacted by someone from management to come in for an interview. I was interviewed by the base manager and the morning line service technician. Ended up getting a job offer via email a couple of days later.

Dispatcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grapevine, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ameriflight (Grapevine, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

Overall a test of personality and how will you deal with stress and time management and most importantly critical thinking. There were dispatch specific questions know how to read WX and your release requirements.

Interview Questions

• What is the biggest problem in the workplace?   1 Answer

Pilot Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ameriflight.

Interview

The interview process only made it so far because a major problem developed at the recruitment stage. I responded to an Ameriflight advertisement for a cargo job and recruiter indicated that a compensation of $44,000.00 per year would be offered. A second recruiter later got in the middle of this and indicate that only $34,000.00 would be payed. It actually took intervention by HR to settle the matter, and still resulted in an offer of the lesser value. A month later, as the pilot shortage tightened its grip on the industry, the original recruiter called me back again and offered the higher amount. By this time, my ability to trust the recruiter was gone and I declined further contact with the company.

Interview Questions

• They will ask you some questions about general aviation, have a copy of the FAR/AIM and a calulator handy.   Answer Question

Pilot Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ameriflight in August 2018.

Interview

Was contacted by email soon after applying online. Interview was all on the phone. They asked basic questions about experience, goals and why I wanted to fly for them. Was given an unofficial offer on the phone and received the actual offer a few days after and excepted. Was also told to expect a sim eval sometime during training to see how good my instrument procedures are.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ameriflight.

Interview

Applied on Indeed. Got a call to set up a time for a phone interview, had the phone interview a few days later and was asked to come in for an interview. Interviewed with three people, the last person took me to dinner. The interviews were to the point, each was specifically designed for the interviewers focus. Got a call back less than 12 hours later with the job offer.

Interview Questions

• Normal questions. Why did you choose Ameriflight? What are your qualifications? Do you have experience with this and that?   Answer Question

Data Entry/Records Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Ameriflight (Burbank, CA) in July 2011.

Interview

I was contacted over the phone and had a basic run through of some questions as to what I'm looking for salary wise, work wise, etc. I was also given a (very) brief explanation of what the company did and what I might be doing if I got the job. A couple of days later, I received a phone call from a manager who invited me for an in person interview, which I accepted.

Upon being greeted by the interviewer, I was led past the clerical area into a small conference room. A few questions regarding what I knew about the company, what I think is acceptable in the work place, where I see myself in 5 years, etc. this was then followed up with a 2 on 1 (was supposed to be 3 on 1) interview with the man who was currently doing the position that I was applying for.

Very important note - the man I met with is a pilot, in his mid-late 50s (at best) and, more than anything, is seeking a young version of himself. This portion of the interview soured things for me, and I quickly realized that I had no interest in working for this person.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Ameriflight?   1 Answer
    • Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question
    • How much time on the internet is acceptable for an employee?   1 Answer
    • What do you know about aviation?   1 Answer
    • Do you want to become a pilot?   Answer Question

I have no interest in working for someone that is not living in the same era as I am. The suggestion of taking a college course on aviation in order to manage records is laughable at best.