Amerigroup Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Amerigroup

2.8

Sort:

Leadership Development Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Amerigroup.

Interview

Easy behavioral interview on-campus. Unable to attend the official second-round interview day. Offered to attend make up second-round interview at headquarters. Consisted of 2 45-minute interviews with sets of 2 Managers. Want you to format your answers using the STAR method.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in which you had to deal with a difficult team member.   Answer Question

Leadership Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Amerigroup (Virginia Beach, VA) in November 2011.

Interview

The first day we had dinner at their corporate building in Virginia Beach. There was 34 candidates and about 20 executives/employees. The CEO and CO talked to us and we also had time to mingle with different candidates and employees and ask about the company. At the end of dinner they gave us a case study. Ours wasn't technical and most just included identifying problems inside a business especially with the leadership. The next day we were separated into groups based on the color of our name badge and asked to do the case study as a group of five and in 2 hours answer all questions and give a 15 minute presentation. During the case study they seemed most interested in how you worked in a group with a time constraint and not as much on the actual presentation. Also in the middle of the case study they removed one member for about 45 minutes and then had her re-enter the group right before the presentation to see how the group dealt with the disruption. After we talked to current people in the program, toured the building, and had lunch. The second part of the interview consisted of 4 half hour interviews with one or two interviewers. All of the questions were background and behavioral. They all asked very similar questions mostly along the line of " tell about a time you planned/managed a project and how you dealt with difficulties surrounding it." The interviewers seemed to want to make sure you had lots of different experiences and could so different characteristics. They also asked questions about leadership techniques and why you wanted to work at Amerigroup. The interviewers also seemed interested in whether you had done your homework and had good questions about the company. Overall it was a long day 7:15 am -4 pm, but nothing was to difficult and everyone there was very friendly and helpful.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you managed a problem and something went wrong and tell us how you dealt with it.   Answer Question
    • Tell us what type of leadership you feel like is most effective and how you have been a leader in a project.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amerigroup in December 2009.

Interview

I worked at Amerigroup back in 2005-2006 for 18 months. I remember I saw a job posting in the newspaper stating to go online and apply. I don't remember how long it took them to call but I was called in and interviewed by a floor supervisor and about a week or so later got the call to start at 9.50 an hour

Interview Questions

• Mostly there were no difficult questions just your standard customer service questions   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Amerigroup.

Interview

Received a call within an hour of applying. Twenty minute phone interview with hiring manager - no face-to-face. The manager said I have the skills they are looking for. In less than a week an offer is received. Getting this job was too good to be true, but I had heard it was a good company so I just thought I got lucky. Actually they were desperate to fill the position.

Negotiation

They offered more than I expected.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Amerigroup (Virginia Beach, VA) in April 2009.

Interview

I applied online, and the HR person gave me a call for a phone interview. Asked some standard questions about leadership and teamwork, etc. Then, I was asked to come in for an interview. The structure of the interview was not like anything I've seen before. They had about 10 or so other internship interviewees come in at the same time, They put us all in one big meeting room with 5 tables so that 2 of us are at each table. Then, the 2 of us would be interviewed by 2 Amerigroup people for about 15 min. After 15 min, we would rotate tables, so we ended up doing 3 mini interviews.

Great company. Very laid-back culture and the people are all super friendly and all love their work. They want to be there, and they are more than willing to show you around.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a project that you led. Be specific about exactly what you did.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amerigroup (Virginia Beach, VA) in April 2012.

Interview

Applied online through searching on their home page. Interns are not able to designate what departments they are interested in, but recruiters and Leadership Development Program Associates sort them based on the interviews and resumes for potential positions. Received a phone call from an interviewer who left a voicemail on my phone. I returned her call within 24 hours. I missed her on my return call, but when she called back, she asked if I was available at that moment and she proceeded to interview me. What I thought was an initial phone screen was actually a full hour-long behavioral interview with many questions about past experiences to determine how I behaved in situations that were likely to occur again in the workplace. It was helpful and to have a resume in front of me as well as have reflected on key experiences that may be tailored to behavioral interview questions. I was told at the end of the interview that I would receive notification of a second interview within 2 weeks. She also told me that she was passing on my resume to a few departments and that those departments would potentially contact me to arrange a second interview. She said managers of different departments would not know who else had contacted me. I received an email a few days later detailing the same information with a window that I would be contacted in. I received a phone call at the very beginning of the window from a recruiter resulting in an offer. The turnaround for accepting the offer was initally only 2 days, and I had to request for 4. My interviewer was warm and well-informed about the company. The interview process immediately put me at ease because of the interviewer's congeniality.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you were not given direct instructions and had to handle ambiguity in a project direction.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate salary or dates, but requested to be able to talk to the manager I would be reporting to prior to accepting the offer to better understand the position description.

Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Amerigroup (Norfolk, VA) in March 2017.

Interview

Great! Very informative...the position was described in detail. Training was explained and what the expectations were for the position. The panel very knowledgeable about the role. Very relaxed environment

Budget Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amerigroup (Virginia Beach, VA).

Interview

I was initially screened through HR via a telephone interview based upon behavioral questions. Next, I had a phone interview with the hiring manager. Finally, I interviewed in person with the hiring manager and the heads of the Finance team.

Case Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amerigroup.

Interview

Company has hiring recruiters who make interview appts as appropriate.
    The interview is definitely behavior based. I had two managers in each interview. The process can be long and intimidating because there are so many questions. They want to know specific past experiences. Ex: Describe a time that you made a mistake. What happened and how did you correct the problem.

Interview Questions

• I hate the weakness question. I think I have finally come up with a decent answer to what is my weakness.   Answer Question

Marketing Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Amerigroup (Virginia Beach, VA) in June 2014.

Interview

Unprofessional. The guy was very busy with his work. Once I was offered the position. I was advised you don't find out your hours, salary or if benefits are an option until after you complete your first day of orientation

Interview Questions

• Nothing was hard or really asked there was an application   Answer Question

The manager would not give me any specifics about the position as far as salary, hours or benefits. You have to complete the first day and then you're told.