Analog Devices Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 17, 2018

3.1

1. Featured Interview

Software Algorithm Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Analog Devices (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in February 2018.

Interview

Applied for the interview from school website. Got interviewed by the manager + 2 interns. Asked about past experiences/projects + a quiz to complete in 15 mins. Not very hard but need to be prepared.

Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Analog Devices (Wilmington, MA) in May 2012.

Interview

Interviews consist of one on one with managers and doing mock test and presentation. People very friendly and pleasant to talk with. A lot of good interview questions asked. Interview managers were from different levels which give you different perspectives about the company.

Associate Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Analog Devices in December 2017.

Interview

First phone call with recruiter. Then phone call with peers, the other direct reports of hiring manager. Then hiring manager interview and last on site interview.
    I feel like step 2 and 3 could have been combined into one.

Two things that were very unprofessional about the interview process:
    1. One of the peers I would work with was about 20 minutes late to our scheduled call. She called me just to reschedule, to a time that is after business hour. Then she was 35 minutes late to the second call, but did not apologize nor provide an explanation. On the phone she seemed unprofessional and unprepared for the interview.

Recruiter said he would get back to me by a certain date at the latest, never heard back. Not even an automated email. This is very unprofessional. Then I see the job posted again on Linkedin.

Anonymous Employee in Norwood, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Analog Devices (Norwood, MA) in May 2008.

Interview

Was contacted by recruiter for the position with an initial phone call/screening interview. He setup a 1:1 interview with the group manager (again over the phone). That interview was mostly basic, a few technical questions about compiling/assembling/linking code.

A few days later I was contacted by the recruiter for a follow-up personal interview. This was 5 different 1:1 interviews with various managers of the division and group. Each one was mostly basic personality type questions. Final 2 interviews were more technical and conducted by two technical staff members. Both asked questions about my technical experiences. Had to discuss how malloc() and free() work at the OS level.

Interview Questions

• Describe how malloc() and free() work in the OS.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Analog Devices (Greensboro, NC) in March 2012.

Interview

Just one round skype interview.

Interview Questions

• Calculate the nth Fibonacci number.
      Calculate the sum of an integer array   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Analog Devices (Boston, MA) in May 2016.

Interview

Casual all we did was discuss all the projects that I have worked on in the past. I have no internship experience so they just wanted to know what my thought process was through certain projects. They also talk about their own project and you should definitely talk about how you can apply your skill to it.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Analog Devices.

Interview

Absolutely horrible. I met their representative at a job fair on my campus. I was called to talk to them the next day. After talking to the same person I had the day before, I was told that the company had not sent any computer software people so she did not know what to ask except the things on my resume. I was told to setup account on their career site just so that people can see it and that some one would get back to me soon after that.

I did so. Someone did reply within a week and we setup a time for a phone interview. On the day of the interview though, they never called. I waited 1 hour. I sent an email saying maybe they forgot about it. Got a reply a week later saying the position is no longer available but they would get back to me soon. I asked them if that meant I should apply for other positions at the company or wait for their reply. Never heard back.

I found them very unprofessional. They should have let me know by email at least that the interview would not take place. I recommend anyone who applies to this company to be careful.

Interview Questions

• Was asked about my experiences that were listed on my resume.   Answer Question

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Analog Devices (Greensboro, NC) in December 2015.

Interview

I sent a message via LinkedIn to the manager. He liked my resume and set up a phone interview. The interview was scheduled for one hour but it was over in 30 mins.

Interview Questions

• Some basic C++ programming and OOP questions. Asked some questions related to my projects and MATLAB as well. Overall, it was easy.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, MA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Analog Devices (Wilmington, MA) in August 2009.

Interview

First presented my master's thesis work, then spent the day interviewing

Interview Questions

• How do you determine the complex conjugate of an imaginary number?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Analog Devices (San Jose, CA) in October 2010.

Interview

Phone interview technical then a personel interview later Onsite panel interview

Interview Questions

• How do u check what is insied the balck box   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Analog Devices (Champaign, IL) in February 2011.

Interview

Questions were mainly focused on Transistors, op-amp's, arrays, KVL and KCL

Interview Questions

• calculate the voltage in the given Om amp.   1 Answer