Anixter International Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 20, 2017

2.5

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glenview, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Anixter International (Glenview, IL).

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me with an opportunity with Anixter. Had set up few phone calls and in person interviews with multiple Directors and VPs. Anixter was very communicative that there were other candidates that were being interviewed.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dulles, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Anixter International (Dulles, VA) in December 2017.

Interview

I had a very casual interview process, interviewers were very engaged the entire interview. I felt comfortable speaking about my skills and talents within the workplace. The interview went very well in my opinion and im still waiting for a response from the managers who i spoke with.

Finance Development Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Anixter International.

Interview

Hiring process started with on-campus interview. Within a couple days was notified I moved and invited to their office for final round of interviews. 3 short interviews and if you received and offer you were notified within 24 hours.

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Interview

no phone interview, email asking me to come in for face to face. First 10 minutes consisted of interviewer talking about himself. Just a strange interview all around. IMO, they are looking for a quick fix, someone to bring a large book of business in and make the boss look good. After a few key questions I confirmed that the expectations for the position were to grow the territory 100-150% in a year. He looked confused when he realized what he was asking someone to do. No thanks.

Interview Questions

• tell me a story about yourself? what was your w2 last year?   1 Answer

Project Manager Contractor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glenview, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Anixter International (Glenview, IL) in July 2017.

Interview

They scheduled an in person interview for 5pm and then cancelled it at 3pm the day of the interview! That was so horribly rude. You missed out on a highly experienced Project Manager with great references.

Video Editor Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Anixter International.

Interview

Simple easy process, it worked out, that I was experienced. And the process was simple. Easy way to learn about their culture. And the company was big. So fun. What else can I say. Just greatest experience.

Export Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glenview, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Anixter International (Glenview, IL).

Interview

4 people total, separately. No panel. One of the people that interviewed me told me what a horrible place I was coming into and that I was just being warned. I figured this person was a disgruntled employee and took the position anyway. I should have listened.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions like why do you want to work here.   1 Answer

Inside Sales Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Anixter International (New York, NY).

Interview

overall hiring process took several months. Interviewed only twice however. Once with Sales Director and 2nd with Sales Director and Branch Manager. Basic interview questions. Nothing too difficult.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between where you last worked and what you know about this company and your expectations?   Answer Question

QA Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Anixter International (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

Interviewed by 3 people, questioned about QA knowledge. Asked about past experience and what were the most significant accomplishments. Asked to describe the different types of tests and levels of testing.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between a Test Strategy and a Test Plan   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glenview, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Anixter International (Glenview, IL) in February 2016.

Interview

Very straightforward process. Applied online, spoke to a recruiter two days later and he scheduled an onsite interview at the end of the phone interview. The onsite interview was long. I interviewed with about 5 people. They were all great at selling the company and seemed very interested in what I had to say. It took 2 weeks for one of the managers to reach back and ask for if I could go back to speak to the supervisor of her team. I received an offer the next day.