Anixter International Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 23, 2017

2.5

Stock Transfer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glenview, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Anixter International (Glenview, IL).

Interview

I interviewed with 3 supervisors, 1 manager, and the head of the department. Each person asked the same basic questions except Shumsky who asked more relevant questions. The process was several hours which I was not prepared for.

Export Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glenview, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Anixter International (Glenview, IL).

Interview

4 people total, separately. No panel. One of the people that interviewed me told me what a horrible place I was coming into and that I was just being warned. I figured this person was a disgruntled employee and took the position anyway. I should have listened.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions like why do you want to work here.   1 Answer

Inside Sales Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Anixter International (New York, NY).

Interview

overall hiring process took several months. Interviewed only twice however. Once with Sales Director and 2nd with Sales Director and Branch Manager. Basic interview questions. Nothing too difficult.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between where you last worked and what you know about this company and your expectations?   Answer Question

QA Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Anixter International (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

Interviewed by 3 people, questioned about QA knowledge. Asked about past experience and what were the most significant accomplishments. Asked to describe the different types of tests and levels of testing.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between a Test Strategy and a Test Plan   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glenview, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Anixter International (Glenview, IL) in February 2016.

Interview

Very straightforward process. Applied online, spoke to a recruiter two days later and he scheduled an onsite interview at the end of the phone interview. The onsite interview was long. I interviewed with about 5 people. They were all great at selling the company and seemed very interested in what I had to say. It took 2 weeks for one of the managers to reach back and ask for if I could go back to speak to the supervisor of her team. I received an offer the next day.

Transportation Process Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Anixter International (Rochester, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

I interviewed w/ the General Manager, the person for whom I would be working. We spoke casually and right away he made me feel comfortable. I was offered a job during the interview. Overall, the entire process was very comfortable.

Interview Questions

• The most unusual question was "How do you handle criticism"?   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in DeKalb, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Anixter International (DeKalb, IL).

Interview

Applied through college website.
    Had an on campus interview.
    A few weeks later, had a on site interview.

Overall, the process is very slow compared to other companies in the same field.

Interview Questions

• Lots of COBOL questions, some Java questions. A lot of personality and scenario questions   1 Answer

Inside Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Anixter International.

Interview

The interview process was long, I was contacted by another company for my first phone interview and then after that I had two more phone interviews over the next 2 weeks. I then got an interview with the department manager and a few days later I had a phone interview with the Boss.

Inventory Management Buyer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glenview, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Anixter International (Glenview, IL) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online and got a call back in just a few days. Set up the interview and they compensated my hotel because I had to travel quite a ways. The interview was pretty straight forward. Dressed business professional and brought a copy of my resume. I met with assistant of the VP first and then 4 other managers individually for a brief interview where they asked me to go over my resume. No tough questions. It felt like more of a get to know each other and see if you fit into this environment type interview. Each manager was head of a different team: stock, non-stock and projects, and they gave me an overview of each. Lastly I met with the VP where he asked me more technical questions, a calculation question and a few economics questions. Then we all went out to lunch and I was offered a job on the spot.

Interview Questions

• One question which looking back now was very beneficial and I'm glad I answered it honestly was do you work better individually or in teams?   1 Answer

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Interview

Long process. Months.

You don't necessarily need experience, just be bright and personable.

The people I met were down to earth guys. It is a huge company so there is a lot of potential opportunity depending on what you may want.