Anixter International Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Anixter International Interview Questions

Interviews at Anixter International

2.7

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Anixter International.

Interview

Met with 4 people (was supposed to meet the VP of the department but was unable to the day of my interview), went over job guidelines and previous experience. Came from retail so there was not much in common, with exception to contacting other stores/corporate if something was unexpectedly bought out.

Basis was a basic understanding of MS Office suite, and problem solving skills. Many people have solved math problems, I did not - though I was asked a lot about my major. If you do not have a major in supply chain, economics, or any other field then expect to explain why your major will help you succeed in the position.

Interview Questions

• What stocking issues did you experience, and how was it resolved?   1 Answer

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Anixter International.

Interview

I got an interview by a referral. The interview was pretty straight forward and easy to crack.
    They mostly ask about your background and technical skills like SQL, R and PowerBI

Export Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glenview, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Anixter International (Glenview, IL).

Interview

Three levels. Phone interview, two in person. Mangers were very nice and took the time to answer my questions. I didn’t feel rushed or pressured to fill their time.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Anixter International.

Interview

Meet with senior management first. If they approve you’ll go through another round with direct managers. Took a while to hear back from anyone. Was given offer weeks later after hearing nothing.

Interview Questions

• Be prepared to reference examples of inventory management   Answer Question

Delivery Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Interview

A bunch of lies they put on a front at the interview once your hired it’s a different story they call you and tell you to come in for the interview they will hire anyone because people quite daily so just be yourself at the interview. They are desperate for employees. Trust my words. There turn over rate is deplorable! When you have people that been with a company for 10 to 15 years and they up and quit what does that tell you ?

Interview Questions

• How well do I work with other. I don’t have 30 words to write. Unless you like being used do not work for Anixter u will apply for one job and once your hired you will be doing 30 different jobs that u will not get paid for.   Answer Question

Business Process Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Anixter International.

Interview

On-site interview was requested for a certain date and time. No additional detail. I was there for 3 hours and met with five individuals - who were peers. It would have been nice to plan for that amount of time and also know who I was interviewing me. The recruiter was the first person and he was nice and informative. Second round were two other Process managers. The interview was more of an interrogation - it was question from the first manager and then question by the second manager. It lacked collaboration and conversation. The third interview was by the ERP Architect who challenged by certification and said he disagreed with the philosophy. He also asked unreasonable questions and answered best I could, but found he was being condescending since it was situations he faced and completed. The last manager was the best to interview with. He was nice, asked questions and also was able to have a conversation. Everyone was on their laptops and disengaged.

The team was entirely new - the average of 3.75 months. No one could provide job responsibilities or expectations. I had no questions answered due to lack of decision makers being present in the process.

No communication after the interview. Out of curiosity, I reached out a couple weeks later and was told they cancelled the role.

Whole process is not a good look when all leaned on the “Blue Book” for culture guidance.

Interview Questions

• You need to reduce the time of the reset cycle of a nuclear reactor - there are 10,000 steps. How would you do it? The question was answered and challenged even further until he stated how it actually happened to him and how he was successful - and discredited my certification a second time in doing so.   Answer Question
    • Did you read the Anixter Blue Book - a 32 page document of beliefs.   1 Answer
    • What don’t you know?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Anixter International.

Interview

Phone call did well got ask to do an in person interview. Did really well at the in person interview then we walked around and met the team. I got an offer 2 days later and accepted it .

Interview Questions

• How I would increase their sales?   1 Answer

IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sweden, ME

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Anixter International (Sweden, ME) in January 2019.

Interview

Met with hiring manager and the VP of IT. No technical interview basically just a conversation. Very easy going conversation. I did not feel nervous or pressured at all, very chill environment.

Interview Questions

• Why Anixter, why are you looking for a new job and why should we hire you.   Answer Question

Supply Chain Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Anixter International (Chicago, IL) in November 2018.

Interview

Online Assessment. It's easy but time-consuming. Need to find a quiet place to finish the assessment. I got rejected after one week. Hope this is useful. It's a efficient process.

Business Process Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glenview, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Anixter International (Glenview, IL) in October 2018.

Interview

Had 1:1 interview with person who would be Senior Manager for the role. From this I learned her vision for the role and her past experience. It was made clear that the culture was very difficult and no real positive benefits for me in working there were discussed. Manager for the role had not yet been hired but Senior Manager said she had a good track record for hiring quality people to reassure any concerns about hiring into a position without meeting the direct manager. After this, interviewed then with a group of 3 people. This interview was lead by a consultant who asked questions while sitting at a laptop and typing all of my answers. Others involved included someone starting that day in the same role and someone who would be a peer in the Change Management group. Again, nobody mentioned positives about why I would want to work for the company or potential development opportunities for the role. This was a big red flag for me. I was well qualified for the position so it seemed very odd that they were not trying to at least provide a positive impression of the company and role.

Interview Questions

• In what ways do you not match the job requirements and how can you overcome this?   Answer Question