Anixter International Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

Sort:

Contract Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glenview, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Anixter International (Glenview, IL) in July 2011.

Interview

First you will do a phone interview, then they will bring you in for an interview. They will have you meet with the hiring manager as well as any other managers they feel you might be a good fit working for. If they decide to hire you you will need to take a typing test as well as a personality exam.

Interview Questions

• What college did you attend, and why?   2 Answers

Negotiation

No, I was not able to.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Anixter International (Houston, TX) in July 2018.

Interview

The two managers tried to demote me before hiring me so I refused to take a position with this Company as it told me what their character was and the people they employ as managers

Interview Questions

• What makes you think you’d be a good candidate for this position?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Glenview, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Anixter International (Glenview, IL) in March 2009.

Interview

Usual interview process with Hiring manager, senior managers and HR.

Interview Questions

• Scenarios based on personality and how you would fit in with the organization and approach to customers.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Room to negotiate but do not be too pushy. You will have other opportunities to make money within the organization.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Anixter International (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2012.

Interview

2-3 Interviews, then offer. You will spend time with those Local Managers that you will be reporting to and interacting with and you may meet with Regional Vice President, if it's on his travel schedule.

Interview Questions

• Mostly Technical, they want to make sure you are knowledgeable or teachable.
      Have you meet and spend time talking to all local Management that you would be interfacing with.
      Ask questions that relate to your work style.   1 Answer

Negotiation

1 meeting with offer sheet, if you come with a good reputation or if they like you, you may be able to negotiate as much as $10K in salary more than the offer.

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Interview

no phone interview, email asking me to come in for face to face. First 10 minutes consisted of interviewer talking about himself. Just a strange interview all around. IMO, they are looking for a quick fix, someone to bring a large book of business in and make the boss look good. After a few key questions I confirmed that the expectations for the position were to grow the territory 100-150% in a year. He looked confused when he realized what he was asking someone to do. No thanks.

Interview Questions

• tell me a story about yourself? what was your w2 last year?   1 Answer

Operational Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alsip, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Anixter International (Alsip, IL).

Interview

You have to pass their 5 minute survey. It details what type of person you are.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

not much on negotiation unless you chase addition week of vacation. you get additional 2500.00 per year if you work second shift

Warehouse Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Anixter International (Memphis, TN) in January 2015.

Interview

Talked about what the company does, how I can help the company succeed, and showed me the warehouse and the equipment and duties i'll be performing. Also, asked if there is anything that will affect the times of the job that I applied for.

Interview Questions

• What kind of career background do you have and how can you help Anixter with your past job experiences.   Answer Question

Warehouse Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Anixter International (Chicago, IL) in January 2011.

Interview

Reviewed Prior work experience and skills. Really attempted to get to know me as a potential employee, which made me feel comfortable. It was not a high pressure situation, which I appreciated greatly. It was one of the best interviewing experiences that I have had.

Interview Questions

• Describe the best manager you have ever worked for? What attributes did they possess that made you enjoy working with them?   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glenview, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Anixter International (Glenview, IL) in February 2016.

Interview

Very straightforward process. Applied online, spoke to a recruiter two days later and he scheduled an onsite interview at the end of the phone interview. The onsite interview was long. I interviewed with about 5 people. They were all great at selling the company and seemed very interested in what I had to say. It took 2 weeks for one of the managers to reach back and ask for if I could go back to speak to the supervisor of her team. I received an offer the next day.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Anixter International.

Interview

Took about six months from start to finish. Such a painstaking process. With all my experience the offer was so low I was insulted, but I needed a job with benefits.