Annaly Capital Management Interview Questions

Updated May 28, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 8 of over 8 interviews

2.8
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Annaly Capital Management

Annaly Capital Management

Application

I interviewed at Annaly Capital Management

Interview

I applied through a recruiter. They were very fast scheduling interviews, compared to other companies. First had a screening with HR, then had back-to-back meetings with each member of the team, around 30 minutes each. I feel it would be better to interview everyone at once so I could see the team's chemistry. The interviews themselves were okay, but I felt especially the director did not relate to my reason for leaving my prior company, and so did not sympathize with me. She made it seem being busy and overworked was just part of the accounting profession. I think it was really the way they looked at my reason. I interviewed at another company whose controller was impressed I was able to handle such a high workload and gave me an offer. My recruiter told me they decided to pass on me because I lacked experience, which I think isn't true because you can already tell I did not have many years under my belt through my resume. I think it's because they heard me talk about how much work I had, and decided to view it negatively instead of positively.

Interview Questions
  • Please tell me about your experience.
    Answer Question

Annaly Capital Management

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Annaly Capital Management

Interview

Impersonal. The hiring manager sounded disinterested in describing the group's projects, and asked only 3 questions with no effort at driving the conversation. Perhaps a blessing in disguise because after reading the employee reviews, it looks like I dodged a bullet.

Interview Questions
  • What do you currently do? Have you worked in fixed income before? What is your greatest accomplishment?
Talk anonymously with Consulting India professionals

Annaly Capital Management

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Annaly Capital Management

Interview

I did two rounds. The first was phone interview with tech director. I wasn't told there would be multiple interviewers online, and suddenly someone else asked me a question in the phone. I didn't even know his name. The second round was with five interviewers. Each of them had different focus, someone more on tech side, some asked about details on resume, and some focused on communication skills.

Interview Questions
  • difference between normalized and denormalized strategy, what are the pros and cons

Application

Interview

Brief interview meetings with several different employees who work in different areas of the company. All interviewers were very personable and asked a variety of standard interview questions. Overall a positive interview experience.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Annaly Capital Management

Application

I interviewed at Annaly Capital Management

Interview

A few back to back interviews on both finance, probability and programming questions. The questions are fairly comprehensive. The entire process was smooth and the interviewers were very helpful. And then received an offer within a week.

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Annaly Capital Management (New York, NY) in Mar 2015

Interview

The interview process was rather basic. It was a phone call that lasted about 45 minutes and was conducted by someone in HR and an employee on a different team. The interview was very conversational which was nice, with no technical questions but a few behavioral. The interviewers were very easy to talk to and was an overall stress-free process.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Annaly Capital Management (New York, NY) in Jan 2012

Interview

Referred by a coworker. Interview was explaining the company to me. Very few questions. Very professional interview. At the time they only hired referrals. Great people. A very positive interview.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Annaly Capital Management (New York, NY) in Sep 2011

Interview

Intimidating but yet an incredibly fair process for anyone interested in getting into software development. You are not judge by the years of software experience you contain, you are judged on your ability to write software. I was over looked by many companies because my experience was limited to schooling, even when I made it clear that I felt pretty sound technically as a junior engineer. It's ironic that a lot of places want Junior Developers with professional experience. Why are you requesting something that you aren't willing to provide. Typical interview process: 1) Technical phone screen 2) Small software project 3) In person interview speaking on small software project This process has changed slightly but still maintains this general format. Note: Anything on your resume is game. If you don't know it, don't put it on your resume.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful
RSS Feed</>Embed