Annaly Capital Management Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Annaly Capital Management Interview Questions

Interviews at Annaly Capital Management

Sort:

Software Engineer Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Annaly Capital Management.

Interview

I did two rounds. The first was phone interview with tech director. I wasn't told there would be multiple interviewers online, and suddenly someone else asked me a question in the phone. I didn't even know his name. The second round was with five interviewers. Each of them had different focus, someone more on tech side, some asked about details on resume, and some focused on communication skills.

Interview Questions

• difference between normalized and denormalized strategy, what are the pros and cons   Answer Question

Senior Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Annaly Capital Management (New York, NY) in January 2012.

Interview

Referred by a coworker. Interview was explaining the company to me. Very few questions. Very professional interview. At the time they only hired referrals. Great people. A very positive interview.

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Annaly Capital Management (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview process was rather basic. It was a phone call that lasted about 45 minutes and was conducted by someone in HR and an employee on a different team. The interview was very conversational which was nice, with no technical questions but a few behavioral. The interviewers were very easy to talk to and was an overall stress-free process.

Software Developer Interview

Interview

A few back to back interviews on both finance, probability and programming questions. The questions are fairly comprehensive. The entire process was smooth and the interviewers were very helpful. And then received an offer within a week.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions on algorithms & mortgage-backed securities   Answer Question

Applications Support Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Annaly Capital Management.

Interview

Brief interview meetings with several different employees who work in different areas of the company. All interviewers were very personable and asked a variety of standard interview questions. Overall a positive interview experience.

Interview Questions

• Name an instance where you needed critical thinking skills.   Answer Question

Junior Programmer/Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Annaly Capital Management (New York, NY) in September 2011.

Interview

Intimidating but yet an incredibly fair process for anyone interested in getting into software development. You are not judge by the years of software experience you contain, you are judged on your ability to write software. I was over looked by many companies because my experience was limited to schooling, even when I made it clear that I felt pretty sound technically as a junior engineer. It's ironic that a lot of places want Junior Developers with professional experience. Why are you requesting something that you aren't willing to provide.

Typical interview process:
    1) Technical phone screen
    2) Small software project
    3) In person interview speaking on small software project

This process has changed slightly but still maintains this general format.

Note: Anything on your resume is game. If you don't know it, don't put it on your resume.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I had done a lateral move in terms of salary due to the tremendous opportunity in learning from some of the most brilliant engineers I have ever met.