Apex International Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Apex International

2.3

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Apex International (Saint Paul, MN) in December 2014.

Interview

Lube Tech is a very friendly company, they laid back atmosphere is present in their interview process but they seemed thorough and true. Lube Tech was quick to respond and set up additional meetings so I was able to meet with several members of the team.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for us?   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eden Prairie, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Apex International (Eden Prairie, MN) in April 2018.

Interview

7 People- all had to agree on the hiree.

Of the 7, only two gave their business cards even after the HR liaison from EP refused to give their last names. A scam!!

They "pumped' me for 'what would you do, how can we do better' information.

I believe Apex is fishing on how to do things better. There is a lot of low hanging fruit, so don't give away too much information without a commitment from Apex.

Interview Questions

• List 3 things for Kanbans, sourcing, and write on white board the 3 key elements of a standard work sheet.   1 Answer
    • What do you like to do outside work?   1 Answer

QC Chemist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chaska, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apex International (Chaska, MN).

Interview

Not impressed.

Initially applied online. For some reason the HR department only calls from a restricted phone number. There were two phone interviews, one with the HR department, and one with the hiring manger. An on-site interview was scheduled, and I was given a number to contact if anything came up. I was unable to attend the original interview date, so I attempted to call the hiring manger for an entire week without hearing anything back. She then called the date of the interview asking where I was, despite me leaving multiple messages.

Once we finally rescheduled the interview, the actual questions were pretty standard and normal. Nothing too out of the ordinary. I was told I would hear back within the end of the week, and to this day (About a month later), I still have not heard anything back.

I honestly can't say I am terribly disappointed. Both the HR department and the mangers seemed very disorganized.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with having many high priority tasks in one day?   1 Answer

Quality Assurance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakeville, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apex International (Lakeville, MN) in November 2016.

Interview

I had a phone interview set up last week, I waited 10 minutes for them to call before I called the person I had initially spoke to and left a voicemail to remind them about the call. I couldn't wait around as I had stepped out of my current job for the phone interview, so I went back to work. They called a little while later on a blocked number and asked about the phone interview. I called back the woman I had previously spoken to, she said they really need set scheduled times to make the phone interviews, but she would try to set another up. I reminded her it was not me who had been late on the phone interview and caused it not to happen. She said she would call back Monday.

It's Tuesday, I called back during lunch since I hadn't heard back yet. The woman scheduled me for a tentative phone interview later in the week, tentative on their part. I agreed and put it in my calendar. Hours later I receive an email
    "I’m sorry, but at this time, the HR team has decided not to continue to pursue you as a candidate. We have a lot of applicants for this position and it is difficult to schedule someone for a third time. It is very rare for them to schedule for a second time and they have decided they need to look at other candidates. Good luck in your career search."

There was no third attempt at a phone interview. The second one is the one we had set up for later in the week.

On the positive side they didn't waste my time, I wouldn't want to work for such an unprofessional company anyway.

Interview Questions

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Apex International.

Interview

I was working with a hiring agency which told me about this opportunity. I had a total of 3 interviews with Apex. The initial communication was with an HR rep who asked very basic questions regarding my experience, qualifications, and my interest in the position. The second interview was with the Quality Lab manager and delved deeper into my ability as a chemist. It was only about 20 minutes long and included a couple quiz like question. The third interview was an on-site interview where they showed me the lab and the facility and ended with an informal conversation with the HR manager. This one lasted about one hour. The HR manager told me they were interested in hiring me and set up a time line to get me started. I think the whole process took about three weeks.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Apex International in April 2018.

Interview

They called me 10 minutes past my interview slot start time to tell me they offered the position to someone else. The HR representative then ran through several interview questions with me very quickly--the entire phone call lasted 6 minutes. I found the encounter to be unprofessional and a waste of time.

Interview Questions

• tell me about a time you went above and beyond the call of duty   1 Answer
    • What are your future career goals   Answer Question