Apogee Enterprises Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Apogee Enterprises Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Apogee Enterprises

Communications Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Apogee Enterprises (Bloomington, MN) in November 2016.

Interview

Initial phone interview was quick and painless. Nicole was easy to talk to and made me feel comfortable. Onsite interview got a little long, at nearly 3 hours, with 3 different managers. Although it got long, each hour was with only one manager, so I didn't feel overwhelmed by the number of people in the room. Questions didn't feel too challenging, but more conversational. Interview environment was warm, bright and comfortable. Response times throughout were very prompt. The hiring team was easy to access and open to any questions/inquiries.

Interview Questions

• Although I was a recent college graduate, I was surprised to be asked about my high school experience. I felt unprepared for this response since I didn't anticipate or understand its relevance.   1 Answer

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Apogee Enterprises (Minneapolis, MN) in June 2012.

Interview

I initially applied online and did not hear anything for about three weeks. Then I received email and voice messages from HR. I did a brief phone interview with HR, and then was scheduled for an interview with the Enterprise Architect, who would be my direct manager. The phone interview lasted a little over half an hour, and was very focused on personality and career goals, rather than the usual focus on specific technical minutia. I was given time to ask plenty of questions, and was very impressed by the interviewer and was happy to progress to the face-to-face.

In one sitting, I met separately with HR, two team members, and the manager once again. Again, the focus was more on personality, soft skills, and career goals. I was again given ample opportunity to ask questions, and was even more impressed with the interviewers after the face-to-face.

I was then required to undergo time-consuming personality and aptitude testing. This included Myer-Briggs and a series of standard-looking intelligence and aptitude tests, and finally a 45-minute interview with a psychologist. This was definitely the most negative aspect of the interview, as it required extensive time away from work during business hours. The interviewers were also fairly inflexible, requiring even the phone interview to be during business hours. This is not necessarily atypical, but some more flexibility would have been appreciated considering the total time commitment was over eight hours.

Overall, I was extremely impressed with the interview techniques and the structure and vision of the organization and specifically the IT Shared Services Team. The company culture is centered around process, flexibility, and treating employees as mature adults. I was very excited to accept this position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was asked early on what my salary range was and what kind of offers I was seeing from other companies. I was frank in providing my current salary, what other companies were providing, and what I would like to be getting. While there was no direct negotiation, Apogee came back with a very appropriate number, and I did not feel underbid or nickled-and-dimed.