AppNexus Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 31, 2018

3.2

Associate Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at AppNexus (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

I had interviewed with them before so it was pretty quick between the initial phone call and coming in to meet the team. The whole process took about 5 days and was presented with information to study in preparation for a presentation.

The information provided gave me a strong working knowledge of the platform and was enough to provide a thoughtful presentation of the offering. I had a four and half hour interview (meeting 5 team members) but across the board everyone was great.

Each conversation felt very conversational and it was an enjoyable experience.

Interview Questions

• What are the pain points of publishers?   1 Answer

Associate Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at AppNexus.

Interview

Was referred by current employee so went through accelerated hiring process. Started with basic phone screen (behavioral/fit), then was invited to NYC offices for "blitz day" - 4 back to back interviews, 1 case. 3 behavioral interviews were fairly straight forward and each were with 1-2 different team members. Case was kind of strange and seemed like it would be ineffective at measuring any kind of business acumen. No breaks for lunch which made sitting in a conference room for 4.5 hours a bit exhausting

Interview Questions

• If you had a client trying to pivot from one market to another, what would you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at AppNexus (New York, NY) in September 2012.

Interview

Through school career center, then on campus interview

Interview Questions

• 1. Revert a string. abc->cba
      2. Check whether a string is symmetric, like abccba, or abcba.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AppNexus (New York, NY) in September 2018.

Interview

HR emailed me after I submitted online, stated he was impressed by my background. He sent a lengthy questionnaire about my background. I provided responses. The HR person ghosted. It didn't feel very courteous.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at AppNexus (Portland, OR) in May 2018.

Interview

Painfully boring and lengthy phone call. This was not an interview, it was an interrogation. Seriously one of the most boring phone calls I've ever had. The hiring manager seemed like he'd never done an interview in his life.

Interview Questions

• Lots of questions about basic javascript stuff, way under my pay grade.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at AppNexus (New York, NY).

Interview

One phone screen interview and 4 on-site interviews (coding, algorithm oriented & behavioral). Interviews were of average difficulty but dealt a lot with optimized algorithm oriented. Friendly visit to the office, stocked kitchens/cafeteria - Had a fun day interviewing!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AppNexus (New York, NY) in February 2018.

Interview

It was a phone screen. I talked to a technical guy, who asked a few reasonable questions. He was polite and patient. I managed to answer the questions. There was also a coding part, which I screwed up -- made a few mistakes on the way. Not to sound like an excuse, but it is probably because it was my first time coding on a white board.

The man was patient and helpful. Seems that it is no so bad, when you know how to approach it and usually they help you a bit, because it seems they are also human, not acting like robots.

Maybe because of these mistakes I did not get to the next stage, but it is a good lesson for md too -- need to practice apparently.

Interview Questions

• Implement one of the string to number conversion functions or number to string on a while board online. Pretty simple for a good 1/2 hour work.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AppNexus (New York, NY).

Interview

Initially spoke with HR which was more a general conversation about my experience and what AppNexus does. Followed up with similar phone call with a member of the team. After which I was given a coding challenge to accomplish on my own time. I like that more versus the on the spot coding. Followed up by a technical screening.

still in the process I will update as I progress...

Interview Questions

• Nothing too difficult just general Computer Science information   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at AppNexus in September 2013.

Interview

It was a typical interview process. I was contacted by a recruiter and given a few problems to solve. They were not too bad and there was no time limit. After submitting the problems, I was contacted by the same recruiter that I was moving further in the process. I had two phone interviews which one asked my various computer science questions and another that went over my solutions to the problem. After the phone interviews, they flew me out for a full day of interviewing (I MEAN A FULL DAY OF INTERVIEWING).... I was then told I would hear back from them in a few days.

Interview Questions

• There weren't really difficult questions as long as you have a solid cs background.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AppNexus (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

Round One : Phone interview along with collabedit. Questions on projects worked so far and a question on Data structures.
    Round Two : Onsite interview involves 5 rounds.
    - One of the rounds involve an interview with the product manager for an hour, it is such a pain to continuously speak with out a technical question in front of you.
    - Design round - Interviewers were unable to frame the question properly. They were trying to bring up a scenario that they faced in their project around caching. After asking them a lot of questions I understood that its a question around caching and came up with LRU solution for that.
    - Another design round - Mostly questions on previous projects and scenarios.
    - Data Structures(Probably the only interviewer who framed his questions before hand) - 1. finding largest sum in an array subsequently. 2. Reverse the words in a sentence. Lot of questions on Java basic, garbage collection, threads.

Interview Questions

• Design round was a little bit weird, interviewers were unable to frame their concept in to a proper question. Question is around caching and came up with LRU solution using concurrentHashMap and concurrentLinkedQueue.   Answer Question