AppNexus Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 11, 2018

3.2

Associate Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at AppNexus (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

I had interviewed with them before so it was pretty quick between the initial phone call and coming in to meet the team. The whole process took about 5 days and was presented with information to study in preparation for a presentation.

The information provided gave me a strong working knowledge of the platform and was enough to provide a thoughtful presentation of the offering. I had a four and half hour interview (meeting 5 team members) but across the board everyone was great.

Each conversation felt very conversational and it was an enjoyable experience.

Interview Questions

• What are the pain points of publishers?   1 Answer

Associate Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at AppNexus.

Interview

Was referred by current employee so went through accelerated hiring process. Started with basic phone screen (behavioral/fit), then was invited to NYC offices for "blitz day" - 4 back to back interviews, 1 case. 3 behavioral interviews were fairly straight forward and each were with 1-2 different team members. Case was kind of strange and seemed like it would be ineffective at measuring any kind of business acumen. No breaks for lunch which made sitting in a conference room for 4.5 hours a bit exhausting

Interview Questions

• If you had a client trying to pivot from one market to another, what would you do?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at AppNexus in September 2013.

Interview

It was a typical interview process. I was contacted by a recruiter and given a few problems to solve. They were not too bad and there was no time limit. After submitting the problems, I was contacted by the same recruiter that I was moving further in the process. I had two phone interviews which one asked my various computer science questions and another that went over my solutions to the problem. After the phone interviews, they flew me out for a full day of interviewing (I MEAN A FULL DAY OF INTERVIEWING).... I was then told I would hear back from them in a few days.

Interview Questions

• There weren't really difficult questions as long as you have a solid cs background.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AppNexus (New York, NY).

Interview

Initially spoke with HR which was more a general conversation about my experience and what AppNexus does. Followed up with similar phone call with a member of the team. After which I was given a coding challenge to accomplish on my own time. I like that more versus the on the spot coding. Followed up by a technical screening.

still in the process I will update as I progress...

Interview Questions

• Nothing too difficult just general Computer Science information   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AppNexus (New York, NY) in March 2013.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter through LinkedIn. The next day, I had a phone call with the HR, then a week later, I had a phone interview with an engineer on some technical questions. Three days later, I came to their office for a full day of interview. I got an offer the following week.

Interview Questions

• You have an analog clock with two hands, one for the hour and one for the minute. Given a time of the day, what is the angle between the two hands?   5 Answers
    • You have an array of numbers. For example: [-5, 1, 7, -3, 4]
      Find the pair with the greatest product.In the example above, it would be 28(7x4).   4 Answers
    • Some SQL questions:
          - find the elements which are in a table but not in the other one
          - use some aggregate function with GROUP BY/HAVING
          - given a table with several creatives and all their versions (creative_id, version, ...), get the latest version of each creative.   Answer Question
    • I had some behavioral questions:
          - tell me about a situation when you had a difficult problem to solve and the way you solved it?   Answer Question
    • Write a program that counts from 1 to 100.
      For each number, display fizz if the number is divisible by 3 and buzz if the number is divisible by 5.

The output should be something like:
      3 fizz
      5 buzz
      6 fizz
      9 fizz
      10 buzz
      12 fizz
      15 fizz buzz
      ...   2 Answers

Technology stack is outdated (PHP, MySQL, C, memcache) and the compensation and benefits are below average.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at AppNexus (New York, NY) in September 2012.

Interview

Through school career center, then on campus interview

Interview Questions

• 1. Revert a string. abc->cba
      2. Check whether a string is symmetric, like abccba, or abcba.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AppNexus (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

Round One : Phone interview along with collabedit. Questions on projects worked so far and a question on Data structures.
    Round Two : Onsite interview involves 5 rounds.
    - One of the rounds involve an interview with the product manager for an hour, it is such a pain to continuously speak with out a technical question in front of you.
    - Design round - Interviewers were unable to frame the question properly. They were trying to bring up a scenario that they faced in their project around caching. After asking them a lot of questions I understood that its a question around caching and came up with LRU solution for that.
    - Another design round - Mostly questions on previous projects and scenarios.
    - Data Structures(Probably the only interviewer who framed his questions before hand) - 1. finding largest sum in an array subsequently. 2. Reverse the words in a sentence. Lot of questions on Java basic, garbage collection, threads.

Interview Questions

• Design round was a little bit weird, interviewers were unable to frame their concept in to a proper question. Question is around caching and came up with LRU solution using concurrentHashMap and concurrentLinkedQueue.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AppNexus.

Interview

It's a typical interview process. I was contacted by a recruiter and given a few problems to solve in one hour. The problems were just basic programming problems, you can easily solve them if you have solid CS background. After the phone interviews, they invited me to join a full day of interviewing and then I was then told I would hear back from them in a few days, it's still in process...

Interview Questions

• No difficult problems, just some basic programming practice.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AppNexus (New York, NY).

Interview

Contacted by recruiter on LinkedIn and invited to an expo for 2 hours. Talked to the person at the expo and they noticed I did not go to an private or ivy league school, they immediately ended the conversation by shaking my hand and said "nice meeting you." There was someone waiting behind me to talk to them and they went to Columbia. I have had two intern experiences in my undergrad. Also I took out hours from my busy summer working full time and I found that it was really rude that you couldn't have a 5-10 minute conversation with me at all. This whole company seems to only care about your status and not your experience.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AppNexus (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

The interview process started with a phone screening which took about 10 to 15 minutes. Second was a technical phone interview, where I coded online with an Appnexus engineer which took about 45 minutes to an hour. Third was an onsite interview. This was four interviews, 1 behavioral, 1 analytical, and 2 programming. The process took about 4 to 5 hours, I was given lunch at there office and accommodated for travel. Over all the interview experience was great, everyone was happy yo see you and helpful along the interview process.

Interview Questions

• I was asked several interview questions, some where along the lines of String manipulation.   Answer Question