AppNexus Interview Questions | Glassdoor

AppNexus Interview Questions

Updated Nov 15, 2017

3.3

Product Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at AppNexus.

Interview

Phone screening, just asked me about my interest in technology and why I'm interested in AppNexus. Then asked about your personal interests and asking what you do in your own time, it's a way to really understand you as a person.

Took 5 weeks to hear back that they are moving on with another candidate

Interview Questions

• Explain your passion for technology, how you use it and why you think you'd fit at AppnNexus   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AppNexus (New York, NY).

Interview

Day-long on-site interview, met with 6 people. Overall, very good experience. Everyone was focused on learning about my work experience and fit. Since this was a technical role, one session was for whiteboarding.

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AppNexus (New York, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

Initial phone screen with one of their Recruiters followed by an in-person interview the following week. Scheduling of the interview was fast and efficient.

Onsite interview was approximately 3.5 hours long where I met with 6 AppNexians. Will go down as one of the best experiences I have ever had interviewing with a company. Their recruiting team was present, invested, and genuinely interested in me and my background. Asked some very probing and thought-provoking questions. I truly can't say enough good things about my experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about an experience, either in your personal or professional life, that you are especially proud of.   Answer Question

Client Insights Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at AppNexus (New York, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

Interview is 4 hours long, and across 4 interviews I met 6 people. I met with the director of the team, the manager of the team, one person on an unrelated team, and 3 people who worked on the team and would be my coworkers. Each interview was different and tested you in different ways.

- The director was seeing if I would meet their long term goals and shared the vision.
    - 2 of "would-be" coworkers were testing me technically
    - The person on the unrelated team was asking more general HR questions about working in groups
    - The manager and one other would-be coworker set up an imaginary scenario and I had to work through it

Questions tend to get abstract and require you to do some thinking.

Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AppNexus (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied online and contacted about 3-4 weeks later for phone interview with the manager of the team. Phone interview was standard questions, topical overview of the role. Received an email to schedule on-site interview. This was extremely difficult and took over a week to schedule. The HR contact was not very responsive leaving a smaller window available for the 4 hour interview. The 2nd HR contact who was supposed to reach out and give information on what to expect from the interviews never reached out. On-site met with 4 people from the team for 1 general interview, behavioral interview, case study interview, and wrap up with manager again. Again, the 2nd HR contact was supposed to call to recap, but never reached out.

Interview Questions

• How would you shape a compensation package for the Sales Team based on AppNexus revenue share? What factors are you considering? What are some alternatives?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AppNexus (New York, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

After applying online, and some phone tag with the recruiter, a call was finally scheduled and a 45 min phone interview took place. Basic questions around candidate experience and capabilities and the structure and expectations of the department and of the role. At the end of the call we discussed the process around the number of rounds and a design challenge was mentioned. By the end of that week, I was contacted via email that I successfully made it to the next round and was asked to complete the design challenge, redesigning a tool for a taxi dispatcher. It was dictated I should only allow 2 hours for a response to the challenge.

The following Monday, I submitted a very thorough response outlining research, strategy, rationale, and multiple screens with fairly polished UI solutions. This is work professionals get paid for and it takes much more than 2 hours to provide a thorough well thought out solution and prepare a presentation to showcase this work.

Days went by and there was no response or confirmation, I followed up again via mail at least three different times, still no response. Several other attempts via email to follow up and still no response. It has been weeks with no communication after putting in hours over a weekend to comply with a creative task in this recruitment process. Infuriating to say the least.

Like any normal, experienced professional I am extremely intolerant of people who are reckless with my time. Your recruiter and recruitment asks are the frontline to your brand and it sounds like you left the intern in charge who got distracted or maybe never understood her job or the company to begin with. This childish, inconsiderate, disrespectful, and extremely unprofessional behavior is disgraceful.

Interview Questions

• Your goal is to design an interface that will serve as an efficient tool for taxi dispatchers to keep track of and dispatch their vehicles, while monitoring their metrics and performance.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AppNexus.

Interview

45min phone interview with the hiring manager. 3wks later I attended the on-site, which was comprised of 5 1hr interviews (behavioural, case study, 3 with team) + lunch. Recruiter always provided an update within 2-3 days.

Interview Questions

• Comprehensive list of behavioural questions - tell me about a time when you demonstrated leadership/ experienced conflict/ had client interaction etc. Case study was open-ended - considerations for publisher going digital. Teach me something. Team posed few questions related to ad auction that required no prior knowledge.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AppNexus.

Interview

I had two phone interviews and an on site interview. The on site interview was four forty five minute interviews if I remember correctly. They were typical whiteboard algorithm and data structures type questions.

Interview Questions

• They asked me a few brainteasers and the rest were coding questions.   Answer Question

Associate Technical Client Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AppNexus.

Interview

Applied online. Invited to phone screen with the team manager 6 days later. Phone screen 4 days later. Invited to interview onsite a couple hours after my phone screen. The recruiter called a couple days before my interview to prepare me for the interview and asked about my interest in the company and role. Had an analytical then behavioral interview followed by lunch. After lunch the recruiter I was moving forward. When my technical interviewers walked in, I knew it was over. They were stiff, tired, and cold from the get go. My final interview was about customer service experience and some more behavioral questions. Everyone but my technical interviewers were really outgoing, friendly, and excited to be there. The recruiters were wonderful and very communicative. They let me know the Tuesday after the interview.

Interview Questions

• Why AppNexus? What's something you can speak passionately about for an hour? What's your customer service philosophy?   Answer Question

Client Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AppNexus (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Process took a few weeks, it began with a phone interview, then an in office interview, lastly final interviews via video interview. HR team is very responsive through the entire process if you have any questions.

Interview Questions

• How are your excel skills, what are the most complicated formulas you are familiar with? Do you know the difference between buy and sell side advertising?   Answer Question