Applied Underwriters Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Applied Underwriters Interview Questions

Updated Jul 19, 2017

2.5

Various Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Applied Underwriters in December 2016.

Interview

Applied and 2 weeks later was called by a recruiter that said they like to bring candidates in and try to match them to a position. Went in and took the Wonderlic test and made a 34. That is in the top 5%. Also took a personality assessment, got the results back instantly which generally said I was a caring person with an analytical and artistic streak. The recruiter took me into the office and praised my performance on the Wonderlic, but said the personality test came back inconclusive. Due to this the interview would cease immediately. He said I could try again in 6 months, but I will not be back.

Technical Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Applied Underwriters.

Interview

I was approached by a recruiter on linked in and had face-to-face preliminary interview (30 min) on campus. After this, they had me take two aptitude tests (wonderlic and CPAB). After passing this, I was scheduled for a programming test. They gave me a day or so to solve an insurance-related problem using visual fox pro. At this point, I had never worked in depth with a database or even heard of visual fox pro. I managed to get something that did the calculations, but it didn't pass some of the bench marks.

Technical Analyst Interview

Interview

The recruiter reached out to me on Linkedin and I had one phone interview with him.

After the phone interview, I was scheduled for a written test onsite. The written test was based on two tests, one was based on a generalized test and the other one was more technical. However, with my visa restrictions they could not go ahead with an onsite interview

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Applied Underwriters (Orange, CA).

Interview

I came in and was put into a conference room and took an aptitude and personality test. I them immediately had an interview with the 2 main people in charge of the office. I was introduced to the staff and given a tour of the facility. Everyone was friendly. It wasn't really high pressure.

Claims Adjuster I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Applied Underwriters (Omaha, NE) in October 2015.

Interview

Took skills and personality tests and asked a few questions. Very conversational and light hearted conversation. They are a young, fun company so feel free to insert your personality into the interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation available

Claims Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Applied Underwriters (Omaha, NE) in September 2015.

Interview

You take an employment screening and based off your score they will provide a job for you. They never hire for the position you apply for! They generally hire in groups so they can train about 10 or more at the same time.

Client Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Applied Underwriters (Omaha, NE) in September 2015.

Interview

Very Easy and Low Pressure. Just a few tests that where very easy to pass. The recruiter and asked me a few questions and I had an offer less than a week after applying.

Utilization Management Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Applied Underwriters (Omaha, NE) in August 2015.

Interview

When I went in, I took a personality test and then had my interview. I felt at home at once. The best part is that the recruiter found my resume online and called me in to apply. I was impressed that this company looks at experience first and age second. As someone past 50 and was looking for a new position, this aspect made the decision to work here very easy.

Medical Acquisitions Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Applied Underwriters (Omaha, NE) in July 2015.

Interview

I found my interview process very easy and informative. I enjoyed the fact that I was asked to interview due to my resume being online with Careerlink. I found the interview very easy and felt very good about how I did. I received an offer for employment after 3 days. I am looking forward to working for Applied Underwriters.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Applied Underwriters (Foster City, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

I met the initial recruiter at my schools career fair. I was in contact with him but he left, I then talked to another recruiter and he also left. It seems like they had a revolving door on recruiters. i finally got in contact with them at our next career fair and they invited me to interview.

I was brought into the office on an off day where we were given a battery of exams. I took the Wonderlic, CPAB (computer programming aptitude battery test), then I took a basic mathematics exams and advanced mathematics exam (which they have now discontinued). The ideas in the basic and advanced mathematics exam can be gleaned from an undergraduate number theory course, although the advanced exam was quite challenging.

After 4 hours of exams, I was exhausted. The interviewer wanted to continue with an excel exam but he allowed me to go home.

I got a call back a few months later and they had me follow up with a project, which was designed to get an idea of my programming experience, problem solving and general econometrics knowledge. I was then brought back into the office to give a presentation.

Interview Questions

• We had a follow up after the testing battery that were generic questions.

I remember the interviewer asked us a question that could be solved with conditional probabilities.   Answer Question