Apptricity Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Apptricity Interview Questions

Interviews at Apptricity

2.1

Intern Interview

Interview

Phone interview, online assignment, onsite. People are friendly. Questions are related to database, sql, multi-threading and some web technology. The whole interview took an afternoon at Irving. I then meet with team lead and vice president. The vice president was nice and show me around. Not a bad experience at all.

Marketing Interview

Interview

Had a 30 minute interview with the CEO, who tried to convince me not to work at Apptricity.

Interview Questions

• What did I bring to the table to make the company better   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Apptricity (Irving, TX) in January 2010.

Interview

I'm sure this is common but the 2 main things they were concerned about were:
    1. Can I do the things they need me to do
    2. Will I get along with the rest of the members in my department/group
    At least in my group, they made a point to have the group members meet with the potential hire to see if they think that person would be a good fit.

Interview Questions

• Some like to ask odd questions to test the potential hire's creativity and common sense logic. Stuff like "if you were an animal what animal would you be" and "tell me about when you learned to ride a bike".   Answer Question

Negotiation

They told me what they were willing to offer me and I accepted.

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Apptricity (Irving, TX).

Interview

The interview process was a long one, admittedly because of me, but it was extremely light-weight and they were obviously not wanting to waste my time or me waste theirs.

I actually received two different offers from them and I turned the first one down ultimately because of benefits. I must have made an impression on them because a few months later they reached out to me again with another, better offer, doing exactly what I wanted to do and getting to report directly to Laura (The VP of development there) and it pretty much sounded like a dream. I accepted and then ended up having to rescind the offer.

I still see myself going back and working at a place like this and while going through glassdoor I noticed this company has some pretty bad reviews that I don't believe are really fair. They are making great strides to make themselves more appealing. They've relocated to a better office, Sonya, the HR director was awesome and was totally comforting when I sent my rejection letter in, and all of the developers that I managed to talk to were smart and seemed culturally awesome.

Maybe in a year or so, if they are still looking I can go crawling back and tug at their ankles because they are going places fast and I can't wait to see where they go!

Sales Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Apptricity.

Interview

Apptricity wasn't for me, but I appreciated the chance to interview. Apptricity struck me as a company on the mend. The hiring manager seemed like a good guy but other staff I met with seemed like they were not enjoying their jobs which concerned me. Plus they have a pretty poor showing here on glassdoor.

Interview Questions

The risk did not seem worth the potential reward. I wish them the best.

Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Apptricity (Irving, TX) in April 2013.

Interview

Helter Scelter terrible communicatons about times to meet, organizing executives to attend. Then the offer letter experience was worse, waiting for CF
    O to prepare. My direct manager was supportive, but subjected to the attitude and treatement of the exec's.

Interview Questions

• no questios, only Tim Garcia beating his chest   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Apptricity (Irving, TX).

Interview

Interview process could be long or short, people have no value as seen by the hiring manager, the CEO. Often his choices don't make sense. I wondered if he wanted people he could push around and hired accordingly. His comments, promises etc. were/are nothing but made up thoughts he has from time to time.

If you research his prior jobs and positions and others thoughts about him it is scary.

Interview Questions

• The questioning is the most minimal I've seen in all my years. Mostly the interview is a stage for Tim to tell of his greatness and to name drop his elbowing contacts, military terminology and his washed up astronaut buddies, all older than dirt.   2 Answers

Negotiation

Don't negotiate, run for the door and don't look back

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Apptricity (Irving, TX) in January 2009.

Interview

If you have a pulse you're hired.

Interview Questions

• Do you have a fax machine to send in your acceptance?   4 Answers

Negotiation

Told base alary was $50k, negotiated $90k and felt like I was cheated.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Apptricity (Dallas, TX) in March 2014.

Interview

Talked with VP who was gone soon after I started.
    Also interviewed with Pres whose questions were general about sales and asked if I trusted anyone else to find leads for me.
    That should have let me know about the culture of non-trust of management.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apptricity (Dallas, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

Phone Call: they couldn't understand my line of thinking and were very impatient in the interview. I tried over and over again to discuss why they couldn't understand but it was for nothing.

Interview Questions

• How do you interact under pressure situations and timelines?   Answer Question