Aquilent Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Aquilent Interview Questions

2.3

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Aquilent.

Interview

I interviewed twice at the Laurel office. Once with HR and the second time with the Project Manager for the project I would be working on. It was a panel with the PM, and a couple other members of the team.

Specialist Interview

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Aquilent.

Interview

Call from someone from HR (a recruiter maybe?) then a call with someone higher up in HR, then a call with two employees. It was specifically stated they wanted someone with my experience. i received great feedback, was told they wanted to bring me in for an in-face interview. When i called HR the 2nd time to follow up, they decided they now want someone with more experience. A waste of time for everyone involved. I would not recommend applying here.

Senior Business Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Laurel, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Aquilent (Laurel, MD) in March 2016.

Interview

Lengthy and long, takes a long time to hear anything back. They don't know who they want to hire, even with experienced people, they find something negative or wrong to say, so they do not get hired. Not a lot of diversity in this company. They lack leadership and vision. Questions are contrived and people keep just popping up in during the interview which was rude.

Interview Questions

• Explain the Agile process and what it means to be agile.   Answer Question

Senior Business Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Laurel, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Aquilent (Laurel, MD) in July 2015.

Interview

A recruiter contacted me via LinkedIn, and asked if I was interested in a new opportunity. The position description and compensation rate were attractive so I followed up the phone screen with HR, with an in-person interview with a 3-person panel. The interview process was extremely fluid and I had an offer letter in my inbox within a few days.

There was a discrepancy between the telework policy shared by HR and the program manger, which wasn't discovered until after accepting the position.

User Experience Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Laurel, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Aquilent (Laurel, MD) in March 2015.

Interview

I met with four members of team, three of which I'd been told about beforehand while the fourth was a last minute addition. We had a productive and easy flowing conversation about the company, the project, my background, my goals and their needs. It felt less structured and formal than most interviews I've ever been on, which I found more relaxing and more informative. By less structured I mean that they didn't [appear] to be taking predetermined turns asking their own questions and instead we simply spoke and, over time, covered all relevant territory.

Interview Questions

• Are you looking to stay in this field or do you see this as a springboard for later aspirations?   Answer Question

Content Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Aquilent (Washington, DC) in January 2015.

Interview

The interview lasted about 1 hour with lots of specific, situation-based questions. It was specific to the job/project and in depth. The atmosphere was rather informal. Got an offer within 2 days.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you manage a difficult client
      name specific project management tools   Answer Question

Interview

Fairly intensive. Submitted resume and was called for a phone interview with recruiter within a few days. Few days later had a phone interview with functional group consisting of 2 interviewers, in person interview followed a few days later with the previous 2 interviews plus one more person. Followed by interview with project manager and account director. Formal offer received within 3 days.

Interview Questions

• I have a lot of experience so none of the questions were very hard, but they were very specific to my functional area.   Answer Question

Web Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Laurel, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Aquilent (Laurel, MD) in August 2009.

Interview

I was contacted by an Aquilent HR recruiter regarding a possible match between my Monster resume and an opening at Aquilent. I reviewed the information and told the recruiter that I was interested. I was scheduled for on onsite interview that week. I was given a tour of the building, a full discussion of benefits from an HR rep, before moving on to the interview itself. At the time there were multiple openings and I met with project managers for two projects that were staffing up, in two separate interviews. I felt that both mgrs were open about the projects and working conditions, they made me feel comfortable asking questions. I was ultimately offered the position. Went through some negotiations with the HR folks and decided to take the position.

Interview Questions

• What was your most difficult problem with a client and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiations happened with the HR person. They do not negotiate on leave, and do not offer starting bonuses, so get what you can in the salary offer. All performance reviews happen around Jan 1, so you will get a prorated salary increase if you start before the cutoff date (somewhere around Sept 1). There is a profit sharing payout mid-year for people who have been there at least a year as of the cutoff date. (somewhere around July 1... I missed it and will have been employed for about 18months when I see a check for that)

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Aquilent.

Interview

Phone screen plus in-house interview. Met with the recruiter and 2 managers to discuss my background. An offer was made that same day. I was given little time to make a decision of whether or not to accept the job.

Interview Questions

• Typical questions about team leadership, handling conflict, change management, responding to ambiguous situations, experience managing government contracts, managing expectations.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I negotiated a bit on salary. Nothing else was flexible.

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Aquilent in June 2010.

Interview

We discussed the my experience, my professional goals and my fit for the job. There were no tricky interview questions to make the company appear 'hip and trendy'. Some companies like to be known for their quirky or outlandish interview process, rather than their abilities. Aquilent's interview process is used for making hiring decisions, not blog topics.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Very easy. Their benefits package surpasses most government contracting companies.