Arc Aspicio Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Arc Aspicio Interview Questions

Interviews at Arc Aspicio

2.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Arc Aspicio (Washington, DC).

Interview

Applied online and was contacted pretty quickly for a phone interview; phone interview was easy with the usual "walk me through your resume questions." Got immediate response saying interview went great, etc. but then it took two months to schedule an in-person interview. In-person interview which I had to travel and stay overnight for at my own expense and it had more detailed questions like "Tell me about a time when you..." and it also went well. I received an email immediately saying how great it was, etc. but then was left hanging for probably 6 months.

I then got an email about another phone interview for the same position which seemed to go well, the interviewer said I'd be a great fit for the position. Didn't hear back so followed up and they actually told me that they reconfigured the position as a lesser role and hired someone with less experience for it.

This seemed like a great company but I found an old interview online where the CEO says their hiring is innovative because they always have people in the pipeline...the converse side of this is that, as an applicant, you could be hanging out there for years without a clear response either way. I hesitate to write this for fear of burning bridges but I thought the lack of transparency was unprofessional and the constant stringing-along diminished the standing of the company. Sure, lots of companies are doing this these days but not every company touts how great their HR practices are on their homepage.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Arc Aspicio (Washington, DC).

Interview

I applied online and was contacted a week later for a phone interview. The phone interview was pretty easy, with the usual "walk me through your resume type questions", lasting about 35 minutes. The interviewer stated that I'd be a great fit for the position I was applying for. I received an email two days later saying the interview went well and I have been referred to the next step in the process. I had to submit two writing samples and complete the online application. A week later I was scheduled an in-person interview with one of the Program Managers.

The in-person interview had more detailed questions like "Tell me about a time when you...” which went well for the most part. Towards the end of the interview, I was told that the position I applied for is not the position I will be offered, but the company takes every applicant and places them in the best position available within the company based on their experience (in short, needs of the company). However, he could not say what positions were available or open. He also bragged about how they (PM’s) screen about 200 applicants for the perfect candidate. Atthis point, I really believed I was wasting my time.

I received an email six weeks later stating that they were in the process of receiving new opportunities, but to let them know if my situation changes. I replied asking what opportunities or position I was being offered and where do I fit in for these new opportunities. It’s been about three weeks with no response. It’s almost like they are dangling a carrot to string me along; not to mention disrespectful and very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you solved a problem, tell me about a time when you disagreed with management and what was the outcome, did I have a problem with the core hours and do I have reliable transportation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Arc Aspicio (Washington, DC) in June 2013.

Interview

The interviewer was young, asked a series of canned questions from a form (tell me about a challenging situation with a client, tell me about your consulting experience). It took one hour. He yawned several times throughout and finally said they didn't even have a position but they were bidding on future work and hoping to soon. Everyone I saw walking around looked like clones. It was like being on a college campus.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected, google interview questions and follow that advice. If you've ever worked for a consulting company, you'll do fine.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Arc Aspicio (Washington, DC) in January 2014.

Interview

I received an e-mail to schedule a phone call. After the phone call I had a follow-up email and another one saying the position I applied for doesn't exist.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Arc Aspicio (Washington, DC).

Interview

The long interview process here only gave me more time to see how many problems they have. I can only handle so much bragging about the company. Many of the people I talked to were either under strict orders of what they could and couldn't discuss, or just could not have a real adult conversation. Much of the office management (including recruitment) is handled by interns, which seems like an irresponsible way to cut costs.

Pushing back on the unbelievably low salary offered made them defensive and unpleasant. I recommend that anybody in discussions with these people discuss money up front and in no uncertain terms before investing the effort required for an offer. If you are not comfortable doing that, there are better places for you out there.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you disagreed with someone and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

insufficient salary, inadequate benefits

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Arc Aspicio (Washington, DC) in December 2015.

Interview

I was referred by a mutual acquaintance. Sent in my resume and received a phone interview two days later. Less than a week later, I had an in-person interview with the project manager for the contract I would be working on.
    We negotiated over some details and then I accepted a contingent offer. There was a delay due to the background check backlog at the Government agency. I just accepted my final offer and set a start date.

Overall, everyone from HR was pleasant, courteous, and responsive. Even when we didn't quite see eye to eye, it did not feel adversarial, nor did it leave a bitter taste.

I was a bit concerned, having read some of the other reviews, so I made sure to get details on the contract they were hiring for as early as possible.

Interview Questions

• A lot of the standard questions. Expect to be asked why you specifically want to work for Arc Aspicio. They take pride in their culture and focus, and if you miss that, I would imagine you would not be viewed positively.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I negotiated, but don't expect too much wiggle room. They seemed very set on what they were willing to offer. It was a positive experience, although I would've liked to see them budge a bit more.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Arc Aspicio (Washington, DC) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied, received an email requesting a phone interview. After some scheduling issues (got rescheduled at the last minute) the phone interview was quick and painless. It was a very junior person - an intern I think? - which seemed very unprofessional, but I figured it was just a phone interview and I'd see what the in-person was like. After the phone interview, they asked me to submit writing samples, which I did and then didn't hear from them for a few weeks. Out of the blue I got an email asking me to come in for an interview that week. When I went in to the office, things were very disorganized - an intern brought me to the room and explained that my interviewer was in a meeting. I waited about 20 minutes and then my interviewer, a young guy, came in to talk to me. He didn't know what role I was being interviewed for, or even what roles were open. He wasn't interviewing me for a role on his team because there were no roles on his team. He said this was a general interview and I'd be called back for a project interview if a position was found. Um, what? I took time off work to come in for this interview assuming there was a position open, but I guess this company just likes to keep their talent pool fresh without having any actual openings. It was annoyingly misleading and I would have turned down the interview if I knew there wasn't an open role. Also, the in-person interview wound up being similar to the phone interview in that it was a few basic questions about me and then a whole bunch of baloney about why this company is the Best. Company. Ever. Seriously, if you have to work that hard to convince me, it must not be true.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to work overtime?   1 Answer
    • Will you travel to client sites that aren't metro accessible?   1 Answer
    • Did you know that we are the best company ever? Tell us why we are such a great company!   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Arc Aspicio (Washington, DC) in March 2014.

Interview

It was definitely an easier process than most. I think the interview process really doesn't delve into your qualifications for a specific job because that's not how Arc Aspicio works. They are looking for a culture fit since they want people for the long haul.

I applied online. Got an email asking about a phone screen. The phone screen was definitely a little bland. You can tell the questions were canned, but the employee on the other end was a relatively junior employee who was willing to strike up a conversation and chat about different things. I liked that it was a younger employee because that showed that they build that kind of experience early on in your career.

After that, I quickly received an offer to interview. The interview was fine. The office set-up is a little weird because it's shared space, but we went into a little room and did the normal thing. My interviewer asked me about my experience, the kinds of things I would like to work on, etc. Like I said, not a lot regarding a specific job, but more about my personality and style.

After a few days I got a contingent offer that I negotiated and accepted. Unfortunately, that contract fell through, but I reached out a few months later and they found something for me.

Interview Questions

• What are two of your weaknesses?   1 Answer
    • Describe a time where you had a disagreement with your client and how you handled it.   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Interview

The person with whom I spoke could not answer any of the questions I had about the job, didn't seem to be from HR, and was very obviously reading from a prepared script.

When trying to find out more about the position, I was told that no information could be provided.

It was a very odd experience. If they want to attract great candidates, they have to quit asking canned questions from out of date HR practices, and respect the candidates' time - care enough to put someone on the phone who can have a substantive conversation and can provide basic information about the position, so that BOTH sides can determine if it's a good fit.

Interview Questions

Arc Aspicio Response

Mar 4, 2019 – CEO

Arc Aspicio is looking for great candidates and we really want to have candidates get to know us in the initial phone interview. We actually have personnel from our practice that typically work on... More

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ months. I interviewed at Arc Aspicio in February 2012.

Interview

Phone Screen went well then they had a more experienced employer interview you. The in-person was very down to earth. The office was very nice up to date amenities. They only had a few offices out or a large rented space. Finally got the offer some time later.