Aronson Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.4

Sort:

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Aronson (Rockville, MD) in November 2015.

Interview

I had a phone screening, followed by a Skype interview, concluding with a series of interviews in person on site. In person interviews were conducted on a "interview day" with a bunch of other candidates. I got to meet managers, associates, partners, and HR personnel.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time in my life where I faced a problem and what was the solution?   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Aronson (Rockville, MD) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied through my university's career website. Someone from HR will call to screen, ask why Aronson, why a regional versus big four, other basic questions. If you do well, you'll do a Skype interview with a manager - more basic behavioral questions. After that (if you do well) is an office tour with 3 interviews - again more basic behavioral stuff. They are very open to questions. By my last interview, I had been milked dry of any questions I could've asked.

They were very flexible with my other offers in terms of timeline. Competitive salary and benefits. Loved the office, the people, and general atmosphere.

Interview Questions

• Why Aronson? Why a regional firm?   1 Answer

Staff Accountant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aronson.

Interview

After a phone interview I was invited for an office interview with 3-4 people back-to-back. Most of the people asked me basic behavioral questions but one guy asked me to do a few journal entries. I felt pretty good about the interview and the HR guy told me they would make a decision the next week. I haven't heard back from then since (now 2 months later). It was highly unprofessional and discourteous of them not to tell me their decision.

Interview Questions

• Write down the journal entry for acquisition of equipment and its depreciation.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Interview

The entire process was extremely smooth. There is a lot you will have to go through, filling out questionnaires, essay questions, application, phone interview and then an interview with three of their employees. I had class and they were able to accomodate a skype interview so that I would not have to miss important classes. Every person I have interacted with was extremely helpful and friendly. Response time was very quick as well, I am glad I had gotten to know this company better.

Interview Questions

• Why I was interested in the Greater DC area   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aronson (Rockville, MD) in April 2016.

Interview

Very effective, only had two phone interviews since I was not close to Rockville. Recruiters were nice and gave more of a behavioral interview. Heard back fairly quickly in regards to movement forward, which I was given.

Interview Questions

• Why should we choose you over other candidates going for this position?   Answer Question

Accountant Interview

Interview

The interview was pretty standard, and the people I spoke with were friendly. I was given an office tour, and the overall environment seemed nice. There is free parking. However, the recruiter repeatedly asked for my salary history despite me declining to share. This was disrespectful and intrusive. It was too obvious that they were aiming to make the lowest possible offer candidates would be willing to accept.

Accounting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Aronson (Bethesda, MD) in July 2008.

Interview

i was interviewed by a kind woman, who was a tax manager. she did all of the talking and i just had to smile and nod. then the audit manager grilled me and seemed like he basically wanted to set me up for failure. then, a staff showed me around the office.

Interview Questions

• the guy was asking me how to post certain entries that i did not know at the top of my head   Answer Question

Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Aronson (Rockville, MD) in August 2009.

Interview

Met with someone on campus for an interview and then went to their office in Rockville- they did not pay for the airfare

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for a regional accounting firm as opposed to the Big 4   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to move to Rockville?   Answer Question

Because they seemed unprofessional and constantly were trying to show how they were better than a Big 4 Firm

Tax Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Aronson (Rockville, MD) in January 2009.

Interview

Met first with HR person who gave me a personality-type test. Met with Partner & Senior Manager who would be my supervisors.

Interview Questions

• Behavior questionnaire was odd & had questions that were not clear to me.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I asked to work part-time but my request was denied. I asked to speak with an employee who had my job & they set up the meeting for me.

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aronson (Rockville, MD) in July 2013.

Interview

Initial phone interview with recruiter followed by an in-office interview with different personnel. Met with a senior, manager, and partner for about 30 minutes each to discuss the role and any relevant questions.