Arup Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Arup (Boston, MA) in October 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by email after submitting an online application, then scheduled soon after for a phone interview with two senior engineers. The HR department was easy to communicate with. There was a portal to fill out information that a number of applicants had difficulty with, but it wasn't too bad and HR made sure that nobody was held up by it.

Interview Questions

• How can a building be made more energy efficient?   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Arup in February 2018.

Interview

I applied online and an HR representative reached out to me to set up an interview with the manager who the position would be working with. I was supposed to do a virtual interview but it got changed to a phone interview. Overall, the HR rep and manager were both very nice and the interview was casual.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Arup (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

- Attended Arup's Immersion Event
    - Interview questions were behavioral based, and no technical questions were asked
    - Interviewer was friendly and the atmosphere was relaxing
    - Interview took approximately half an hour
    - Immersion Event included presentations by engineers who were working there and they showcased their projects
    - Overall, a very good interview program

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Arup.

Interview

Basic phone interview, with personable interviewer. Asked questions about past experiences, and interest in the field. The job was described along with the past projects, and office structure. There were several other candidates interviewing. Application was submitted online, and was contacted for a phone interview several months later. After phone interview, heard back within 2 weeks.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Arup in January 2017.

Interview

I received an email asking to set up a phone interview. I dialed into a conference call a few days later and was asked basic HR style questions.

Interview Questions

• What is something you enjoy outside of what you have on your resume?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Arup.

Interview

Phone Interview. It took 2 months followed by recommendations from professionals. Interview process is not difficult. Non technical. The team wanted to know me as a person. Three very senior level executives interviewed me. It was scheduled for 1 hour but went on for 45 minutes .

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Arup (Houston, TX).

Interview

Got invited to their "immersion event", where I attended some presentations from their employees about what kind of projects they do, and at the end there was an interview with one of the engineers

Interview Questions

• What project that you've done that you're most proud of?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

25 minute phone interview. Just asked me about my projects, coursework I've taken, and any individual projects I've worked on. The interview was over the phone with three engineers. They took turns asking me questions .Wasn't terribly difficult.

Interview Questions

• Asked me to explain something technical in layman's terms.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

Good. Straight-forward and to the point. There were no curve-ball questions, just asked about my work and my competence in the field. There was a little test to prove my skill which was nothing about which one should sweat. Good overall.

Intern Interview

Interview

I had a pretty normal interview in their office followed by a core competence test for the skill necessary in this particular office. I got the position and love being there. The staff are all friendly, direct, polite and considerate. The work environment is easy and healthy. It is a great firm for recent graduates to be inducted into the business of engineering because of the supportive managers and knowledgeable staff who are all committed to excellence through innovation.

Interview Questions

• None. I know it sounds arrogant but the questions were straight-forward and about my work and my plans for the future, which are two thing I have thought about significantly.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Arup (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Group that was hiring sent out an email about the position through my university department's email list. Sent my resume and cover letter directly to that person (without going through HR). Followed by a phone interview with 3 members of the team where they wanted to learn more about my past experience, relevant school projecs and career goals. Several days later, they set up an in person interview at their office. Interview lasted for approximately an hour. Team wanted to know my experience with a software they are interested in pursuing and my career goals.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiated hourly pay directly with HR (through phone), and was able to get it increased.