Cover image for Asana

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

Asana Interview Questions

Updated Jan 31, 2023

To filter interviews, or .
Found 502 of over 502 interviews

Recruiter16%
Employee Referral15%
HardAverageEasy

Asana

Application

I interviewed at Asana

Interview

There were two rounds of algorithm questions + object-oriented design and a 4-hour final round interview that was more of the same. All technical questions. There was a time to ask an employee questions that did not get factored into the process.

Interview Questions
  • general coding, no algorithms, object oriented design
    Answer Question

Asana

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Asana

Interview

coding challenge, technical interview screen off, virtual onsite long technical and behavioral. In the onsite they also give you the opportunity to talk to someone from an identity group that you align with which is very nice.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

What people are saying about Asana

Join the conversation on

Tech

628.6K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Interviews&utm_content=Employer-content-integrated-Interviews&utm_term=Asana~567443
Join the conversation on

Got a burning question about Asana? Just ask!

On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Asana employees and get real answers from people on the inside.

What's Fishbowl
Ask a Question

Asana

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Asana

Interview

I applied online, and the recruiter reached out one week later to schedule a 30-min video chat with HR. One round of 1hr technical phone screening and then one day of onsite.

Interview Questions
  • Intro, SQL, Case. The interviewer is not very experienced, there are a couple of times that the interviewer struggled to lead the conversion and obviously can tell that they are looking for some really specific answers as opposed to an open-ended case study.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Asana (San Francisco, CA) in Nov 2022

Interview

I had a shortened interview because I had already interviewed with Asana earlier this year and got to the final round. First Round: I had a discussion with the hiring manager, which was mostly behavioral questions and getting to know me better. I then proceeded to the final round. Final Round: Again since this was a shorted interview, the final round consisted of a presentation, chat with an engineering manager, and then another chat with the hiring manager. • Presentation (45 mins): I was asked to present a project I've worked on that is closely related to the position I was applying for. • Chat with Engineering Manager (30 mins): we mostly chatted through some of the technical challenges on the team and how I would think through those challenges. Quite unstructured and felt more like a conversation that I would normally have with an EM at work. I really enjoyed that part and the way it was conducted. • Another chat with Hiring Manager (30 mins): a deeper dive into behavioral questions. Overall the process was smooth, and (not counting Thanksgiving break) it took about a week to interview and another week to get a decision on my application. The recruiter was incredibly helpful and her communication was top-notch. She answered all of my questions and sought more context from the hiring committee in a timely manner whenever she didn't have an answer for my questions. Overall, this is one of the best interview experiences that I have had and regardless of receiving an offer, I genuinely enjoyed it just like I enjoyed the one I did with Asana earlier this year. It's a great testament to their incredible culture.

Interview Questions
  • Your regular behavioral questions; nothing caught me off-guard really. Technical interview was more of a conversation that an actual interview but it was still rigorous.

Asana

Application

I interviewed at Asana

Interview

Simple 1 2 done asked me questions regarding software engineering process and coding so quite simple - I thought the interviewer was down to earth and helpful. Talked about the company and what the job detailed

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Asana

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Asana

Interview

Invited to CodeSignal. Passed and moved onto the first round tech screen, but they canceled me (and many other people's) interviews after allowing us to schedule. Sucks because they specifically recommended that we wait until after the interview prep Zoom to interview, but everyone who scheduled an interview after got canceled.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Asana

Application

I interviewed at Asana

Interview

Completed OA, invited to schedule a phone interview. Received email before phone interview that all SWE summer 2023 positions are already filled, so they will be cancelling and not rescheduling my phone interview.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Asana

Application

I interviewed at Asana

Interview

Behavioral interviews, experiential questions, followed by an open ended design exercise slash thought experiment. Not too difficult but was also interviewed by a very junior PM straight out of college.

Interview Questions
  • Asked to design a fridge and then fabricate a market response. Almost so open-ended as to be meaningless.
1 person found this interview helpful

Asana

Application

I interviewed at Asana

Interview

3 rounds, first with recruiter, then hiring manager then final panel interview with 4 people, each being 30 minutes long. The process in total took about 2-3 weeks from start to end

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Asana

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Asana

Interview

I was contacted via LinkedIn and asked to first do a quick discovery call with the talent associate. After this call, I had an introductory call with the manager of the team that was hiring. From there, there was a mock discovery call as if I were meeting with a customer, a 4 person rotating interview, and a mock presentation. I made it to the 4 person interview and then was dropped from the interview process.

Interview Questions
  • How do you continue to stay updated on competitors? How would you prioritize leads given to you by multiple AE’s?
Viewing 1 - 10 of 502 Interviews

Asana Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at Asana as 50.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 3.06 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Software Engineer and Software Engineer(Internship) rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Product Manager and Data Scientist roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at Asana takes an average of 23 days when considering 461 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Software Engineer had the quickest hiring process (on average 17 days), whereas Software Engineering roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 32 days).

Common stages of the interview process at Asana according to 461 Glassdoor interviews include:

Phone Interview: 33.33%