Asana Interview Questions

Updated Jan 13, 2021

To filter interviews, or .

Interviews at Asana

HardAverageEasy
Found 325 candidate interviews
Featured InterviewHelpful (4)
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I interviewed at Asana (United States) in Feb 2020

Interview

After applying online, I received a take-home assessment which include SQL questions and data analysis questions. I felt it was a good mix of not too difficult, but at the same time a good gauge of what an marketing analyst/manager should be capable of solving. I appreciated this coming at the very beginning of the process as opposed to after a couple phone screens. Following the take-home assessment was a phone interview with the hiring manager. The hiring manager was transparent in where the marketing team was at and what they needed from this role, and asked some analytics/strategy-type questions around theoretical (but realistic) situations. Ultimately, I didn't move forward after this phone interview, but the hiring manager and recruiter did give me feedback on what prevented me from moving forward in the process, and gave me action items on what I could do to be a better fit for this role down the line. I really appreciated this; as someone who actively uses and enjoys their software, it was encouraging to see how helpful and open they were in the interview process. Even though I didn't get the job, I'm still rooting for them from the sidelines. They have great people running the company.

Interview Questions
  • SQL/theoretical questions
    1 Answer
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I interviewed at Asana (United States)

Interview

first stage was a data project described by others here. after that is was a one-hour phone screen with one of their data scientists. asked two questions about how to tackle a problem as a data scientist.

Interview Questions
Asana
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canada
Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Asana (Canada)

Interview

Three pre-interviews, before the first official interview. Then they ask for a full day of your time to meet 10 more people. This includes two one hour design exercises. Interviewers were consistently late. Watch out for breadcrumbing (ie. being led on).

Interview Questions
  • What are your strengths and weaknesses, as your previous teams would describe them?
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I interviewed at Asana (United States)

Interview

An take home assignment using their data to evaluate user adoption rate. Need to clean, wrangle data. After the take home assessment, there are two rounds of technical and behavior interviews.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I interviewed at Asana (United States)

Interview

The interview process was very brief -- too brief without getting to greater details of my experience. Apparently this role had a changed job description several times. I thought I had done well and I thought for certain a second interview was going to happen - instead I got a letter saying "based on my qualification..." they decided to pursue other people. I, in fact, meet the qualification and had more experience than many candidates. The hiring manager seemed to want to be elsewhere and not focused. Even without his unfocused presence I know I did well. In the turn down email - I was told I could apply for other jobs at Asana (how nice?!). But this is not the first turn down. I thought well I just keep applying but my experience with Asana tells me not to apply ever again. I have been onsite pre-COVID and no one looked like me who worked there. Again, all people I met with were uninterested and the Asana touch I have deduced is only hiring people that look like themselves. They keep saying they are a startup but have been in business for 12 years--I had to ask a ton of questions to get any connection and to talk about my background. According to Asana’s Diversity and Inclusion page 5% of Asana employees are Hispanic. There is a reference to Latinx which I find to be offensive as it means to me to be "Xed" or closed out from consideration, inclusion or participation. Latinx also describes from my POV someone who was formerly of Latin decent. It is not pronounceable in Spanish and it is a foreign concept to new migrates. Yes, I get the idea of what Latinx is suppose to convey but find it hurtful--just as my experiences with Asana's non-commitment to Diversity and Inclusion. I find each person whom I have interviewed is only interested in hiring people that look like themselves. I would never apply to another position because I am out of the running as soon as I hit the submit button. Communities of color are not an asset as we rank low in terms of people who work at Asana and there is little willingness to engage and invite people of color to participate and be an employee. After all I was applying for a Junior Revenue Analyst role—I had the experience and when one hires for perfect you get people that look only like the people who work there. Asana has left a lasting impression that I will never forget if I hear that company name and if I ever have to use Asana.

Interview Questions
  • Talk about a complex project you managed and the outcomes of the project.
Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
Application

I interviewed at Asana (New York, NY)

Interview

I spent a couple of hours in an online training session with a hundred other people and Asana staff. The person I had in my group wasn't very friendly. I also did a CodeSignal code challenge.

Interview Questions
Asana
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canada
Application

I interviewed at Asana (Canada)

Interview

A recruiter from Asana reached out to me on LinkedIn. I responded and we set up a time to chat. She didn't call so I sent a followup email seeing if she wanted to reschedule. She never responded. Super unprofessional.

Interview Questions
Asana
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Asana (United States)

Interview

Took CodeSignal then went on for phone interview. Overall, very smooth process and the recruiters/interviewers seemed supportive. Did not end up getting an offer since I interviewed pretty late and it seems like they already filled up all their positions.

Interview Questions
Asana
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Asana (United States)

Interview

Very prompt in reaching out and scheduling. Interview itself was quite standard. Did not feel any connection when speaking with the hiring manager. I did not feel any compelling reason to leave my current situation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Asana (United States) in Nov 2020

Interview

I like the product, but not the interview process. Everyone I met was very fake, not genuine. It was pretty standard process. Recruiter to Hiring Manager to Panel Interview (45 min) + a presentation. The presentation was a project that you worked on a previous company and the impact it had on the company as a whole. So it was pretty easy. At the end I was relieved that they did not choose me because I had 3 offers from really good companies. Overall, I got a weird vibe from them. They just did not see real.

Interview Questions
Asana
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Asana (United States)

Interview

I came in as a referral and was contacted by the senior recruiter within a few days. After the initial recruiter call, I spoke with the hiring manager. I then attended a virtual on-site and presented in front of a panel. After, I interviewed with cross-functional leads, and met with the demand gen team in 45-minute sessions. Although, the last two sessions only lasted about 10-15 minutes, and after some feedback, I realized why. To add on, the virtual on-site began and ended meeting with a person from the recruiting team. Overall, I found the interview process a great experience. The recruiting team is top notch and the hiring process seemed very streamlined. I could tell from everyone that I interviewed with why Asana is truly one of the best places to work. It seems that the culture is very inclusive and I saw a theme of co-creation across marketing teams. I also love the fact that every individual highlighted how helpful employees are to each other, and how each person is always willing to extend a helping hand. Although I didn’t get an offer, I am very thankful to receive direct feedback via a call. My main advice to candidates is to present tactical examples when given a prompt or interview question. I would definitely apply again in the future, and hopefully incorporate any learnings from this interview experience.

Interview Questions
  • How would you execute an integrated marketing campaign strategy? (Consider the buyer segment and how you would tailor a campaign to that specific audience.)
Viewing 1 - 10 of 325