KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Found 269 of over 424 reviews

4.8
Asana CEO & Co-Founder Dustin Moskovitz
Dustin Moskovitz
Pros
  • "I am incredibly thankful I found Asana(in 126 reviews)

• "Best work/life balance I have seen in the SaaS world(in 48 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Nothing negative to say about Asana(in 58 reviews)

• "growing pains from hiring surge(in 16 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

What people are saying about Asana

Join the conversation on
    Join the conversation on

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Asana and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 5.0
      Featured Review

Mission-Driven, Collaborative, Caring Workplace and Team

Apr 9, 2021 - Engineering Manager in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

The team is driven by a vision and a mission, and it shows up in everything. The organization is inclusive, positive, and holds a high bar to encourage further growth. There are many ways to grow as an employee, and the company puts a lot of effort into both highlighting opportunities and celebrating when folks are contributing outside of their core responsibilities.

Cons

There can be a learning curve to understand and work within some of the pros I listed. If you've worked in different environments, I would imagine there could be some unlearning of different practices that would be necessary.

43 people found this review helpful
    2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

carpentry fixer

Jan 19, 2022 -  in Brooklyn, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

best worker and always on time

Cons

being trained to test me

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great place to work

Jan 9, 2022 - Channel Partner Manager in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great company culture. Amazing perks. Experienced leadership. Internal growth. Diversity and Inclusion.

Cons

These could not be Cons to most people: Office first philosophy

4. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Salary

Jan 21, 2022 - Manager in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good place to work so far

Cons

None so far that I’ve seen

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Best workplace in my entire tech career!

Oct 8, 2021 - Demand Generation Specialist in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work/life Balance: Asana's head of People, Anna Binder, is a vocal advocate for employee wellbeing, and people *actually* listen at Asana. The work culture here is fantastic; neither a victim of "toxic positivity" or just plain toxic. There are well-resourced employee ERGs that are thriving at Asana, and mental health resources abound. I've worked for companies where employee wellbeing during the Covid19 pandemic was not addressed (ie they chose to lay-off employees instead of addressing internal growing pains, and treated WFH like a perk instead of a health necessity). Asana has promised to permanently grant all employees WFH privileges on Wednesdays and Fridays once our official return-to-office takes place in the future. Adjusting back to commuter life will be much less challenging when it's only 3 days a week! Until then, I can enjoy complete flexibility working full-time from home, or from my assigned desk at HQ in downtown SF. No one secretly expects you to be in-office right now, and your position on the team will not be impacted if you never go into the office during this time period. Management and Role/WorkTransparency: Asana lives it's "less work about work" philosophy in practice internally, so you effectively get a task list w/ clear areas of responsibility, and due dates which you use as the backbone for *every single project* you work on here. No more taking on a million ad-hoc projects which never seem to ladder up into what your team is working on, or overwhelm you with busy work that your boss dishes out every meeting (been there!) My manager treats me like a human being, and all management and executive leadership team members at Asana are well-equipped to help you navigate up-leveling, goal setting, and growing your career. Your Areas of Responsibility are easily accessible (so you always have an up-to-date job description, and the ability to see what everyone in the organization is responsible for). Bottom line: If you're looking to stay in SF/the Bay Area, want a hybrid work environment that respects that you have a life (and responsibilities outside of work) and you're passionate about transparency in your workplace (ie clear expectations across the board) Asana should be at the top of your list.

Cons

Hybrid Remote/In-office environment: Although Asana is currently fully-remote, we will return to the office 3 days a week once it is safe to do so (likely early 2022). If you're looking for a guaranteed remote workplace, Asana is not currently your best bet. This is a Pro for me, personally, because I work in Marketing and love to collaborate with my team in-person. However, if you work in Engineering, or just prefer to work solo from wherever you want, you wouldn't currently have that flexibility with Asana in the future.

24 people found this review helpful
    6. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great Company and Product!

Dec 14, 2021 - Senior Program Manager in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

great employees, benefits, compensation and product!

Cons

No current 401 K match

1 person found this review helpful
    7. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Wonderful company to work at

Dec 30, 2021 - Senior Graphic Designer in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good perks and good people

Cons

No bonus, no 401k and only 4 months mat leave

8. 5.0

Incredible place to work

Nov 30, 2021 - Enterprise Customer Success Manager in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

I'm a recent new hire at Asana and came in with relatively little intel on the company and culture. I've been blown away by the people and company so far - everyone is so genuinely welcoming and open. The product is amazing and customers love it, which is always a plus when you're in a customer-facing role. The perks and benefits are also some of the best I've seen - the in office food is prepared by an excellent culinary team and office itself (new SF HQ) is stunning.

Cons

No cons to share at this time.

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Amazing company with mindful culture and huge business potential

Nov 23, 2021 - Engineering Manager in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

I've worked in both large and small companies, and Asana is at just the right size where you can find a lot of support while still having potential to make a huge impact. The company is in a fast-growing space, has a strong product-market fit, and is already one of the top recognized names in the industry. And there is still a ton of potential for Asana to grow and achieve larger successes. The company cares a ton about its employees and is very thoughtful about helping everyone grow to their full potential. There are tons of resources for personal and career growth, and managers are extremely well supported to help their teams grow and thrive. Even though we are still remote, I found the onboarding experience to be excellent, and in-fact, better developed than some much larger companies that I worked at in the past. Teams are able to move quickly and get things done, while still maintaining one of the best work-life balances I've seen in the industry. The people and the leadership are also fantastic. There is very high collaboration on individual teams, and most teams are well supported by product, design, data science, and user experience research partners. All the people I've worked with so far has been very strong in their specific role/skillset and everyone works well together and supports each other. Leadership has a clear vision of where the company needs to go, is transparent, and communicates well, while still being humble and receptive to feedback. All in all, it's been a fantastic experience, and it truly feels like a unique and special place. I feel so grateful for the opportunity to work here and the support I've had since I've joined.

Cons

Not much that I can think of, but there have been some typical growing pains as the organization has scaled. Asana still feels like a small company in many ways, but we'll need to adapt as we continue to grow into a larger organization.

1 person found this review helpful
    10. 5.0
      Current Employee

Amazing company for designers

Nov 17, 2021 - Product Designer in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have a ton of agency and freedom. Asana doesn't use strict hierarchies for designers, and I'm given a lot of responsibility, trust and faith even at a relatively junior level. At the product level, some of the most interesting design challenges I've ever encountered.

Cons

Decision-making processes are still new and not yet well-established, but it's expected after such huge growth.

2 people found this review helpful
    Viewing 1 - 10 of 269 Reviews

Asana Reviews FAQs

98% of Asana employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Asana 4.7 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.9 for culture and values and 4.7 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Asana to be senior leadership, benefits, career development and the cons to be compensation .

Popular Careers with Asana Job Seekers