Cover image for Asana

Found 373 of over 629 reviews

4.7
Asana CEO & Co-Founder Dustin Moskovitz
Dustin Moskovitz

Got a burning question about Asana? Just ask!

On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Asana employees and get real answers from people on the inside.

Ask a Question

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Asana and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Featured Review

People who deeply care about their work and coworkers.

May 13, 2022 - Growth Marketing Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

If you ever wanted to know what it was like to work in an environment where everyone cared about their work and coworkers and was skilled. Apply at Asana. Every person I've met and worked with genuinely cares and goes above and beyond to be helpful. I leave meetings inspired and excited to be starting new projects. Whenever I ask for something, I'm always shocked at the result. You asked for A, well, here's A, but what do you think about B? I think it would be cool if we could do C. Where I've had pushback in other places, the people push forward ideas. If you want to implement a new process? People not only do it, but they also welcome it. There are so many resources for almost anything you can think of, events for various training, cool talks, amazing support groups, manager training and guides, professional coaching stipends, regular open office hours for support and questions, and all processes are documented in detail. If you want to know how to do something, all you need to do is search for it.

Cons

There's no 401k match, but the benefits are solid so it pretty much makes up for that.

3 people found this review helpful
  2. 5.0
    Former Employee

Great place to work

Mar 28, 2023 - Talent Acquisition Partner in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

*Extremely supportive work culture *Good pay *Unlimited PTO that people actually take *Great perks (free breakfast, lunch, dinner, free airpods, sabbatical, etc.)

Cons

*You have to be in office Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday

3. Join the Asana team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Best company I have ever worked at

Mar 22, 2023 - Business Analyst in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing product consumers/business users love The internal company culture is highly collaborative - people across all departments are consistently amazing partners, and there is very little toxicity.

Cons

growing pains trying to "do more with less" in macroeconomic environment and headcount adjustments

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great culture, full of driven bright folks

Feb 20, 2023 - Senior Marketing Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Culture is amazing, unlike any other company I've ever been in - Folks I've worked with are smart, driven, motivated - Executive and management level seem to care about the employees and proactive about keep in the work environment a positive one - On my team, work life balance is prioritized - Positive emphasis on D&I - Really great office perks

Cons

- Have always been office-centric, and slowly starting to push into coming back into the office - Sometimes too collaborative that it slows down work that needs to get done quickly - Like many growing companies, backend and data infrastructure can be improved

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Best company I've worked at

Oct 17, 2022 - Marketing in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Three years in, I can confidently say Asana is the best company I've worked at. Strong product, market opportunity, and mission-driven culture that makes work still feel exciting and impactful, even during challenging macroeconomic times. Incredible teammates who are kind, bright, collaborative, and hard-working. Leadership genuinely tries their best to be inclusive, transparent, and intentional, despite facing many difficult work issues the past two years. Benefits and compensation are competitive, including annual pay increases/refreshers, unlimited PTO, amazing culinary team, etc. With the right support from management, there are clear development and advancement paths and career-changing opportunities.

Cons

Asana has doubled in size since I've joined, but we haven't sufficiently invested in the internal processes and tooling needed to scale our teams' work. Our data, systems, reporting, etc. are in terrible shape. Enforced office-first culture/RTO is also another huge limiting factor to productivity and impact. Many employees are far more productive at home, yet are being asked to commute into the office 3x per week. We need more flexibility if we want to empower employees to do their best work.

1 person found this review helpful
  7. 5.0
    Current Employee

great place to work

Mar 1, 2023 - Commercial Account Executive in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

great benefits, great people, breakfast and lunch is provided, good product

Cons

unlimited PTO - I feel giving accrued PTO is healthier for employees to feel entitled to their time off

8. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great company to work for

Feb 27, 2023 - Customer Success Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing salary Intelligent coworkers and management Thoughtful company processess

Cons

Grew a bit too fast Company seemed to have major growing pains when trickling down to IC's

9. 4.0
    Former Employee

Great Culture with Growing Pains

Mar 2, 2023 - Mid Market Account Executive in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great People, Benefits, Authenticity, Product

Cons

Inexperienced mid-level leadership, poorly integrated business systems, ill defined gtm strategy

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Best workplace in my entire tech career!

Oct 8, 2021 - Demand Generation Specialist in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Work/life Balance: Asana's head of People, Anna Binder, is a vocal advocate for employee wellbeing, and people *actually* listen at Asana. The work culture here is fantastic; neither a victim of "toxic positivity" or just plain toxic. There are well-resourced employee ERGs that are thriving at Asana, and mental health resources abound. I've worked for companies where employee wellbeing during the Covid19 pandemic was not addressed (ie they chose to lay-off employees instead of addressing internal growing pains, and treated WFH like a perk instead of a health necessity). Asana has promised to permanently grant all employees WFH privileges on Wednesdays and Fridays once our official return-to-office takes place in the future. Adjusting back to commuter life will be much less challenging when it's only 3 days a week! Until then, I can enjoy complete flexibility working full-time from home, or from my assigned desk at HQ in downtown SF. No one secretly expects you to be in-office right now, and your position on the team will not be impacted if you never go into the office during this time period. Management and Role/WorkTransparency: Asana lives it's "less work about work" philosophy in practice internally, so you effectively get a task list w/ clear areas of responsibility, and due dates which you use as the backbone for *every single project* you work on here. No more taking on a million ad-hoc projects which never seem to ladder up into what your team is working on, or overwhelm you with busy work that your boss dishes out every meeting (been there!) My manager treats me like a human being, and all management and executive leadership team members at Asana are well-equipped to help you navigate up-leveling, goal setting, and growing your career. Your Areas of Responsibility are easily accessible (so you always have an up-to-date job description, and the ability to see what everyone in the organization is responsible for). Bottom line: If you're looking to stay in SF/the Bay Area, want a hybrid work environment that respects that you have a life (and responsibilities outside of work) and you're passionate about transparency in your workplace (ie clear expectations across the board) Asana should be at the top of your list.

Cons

Hybrid Remote/In-office environment: Although Asana is currently fully-remote, we will return to the office 3 days a week once it is safe to do so (likely early 2022). If you're looking for a guaranteed remote workplace, Asana is not currently your best bet. This is a Pro for me, personally, because I work in Marketing and love to collaborate with my team in-person. However, if you work in Engineering, or just prefer to work solo from wherever you want, you wouldn't currently have that flexibility with Asana in the future.

73 people found this review helpful
  11. 5.0

First time experiencing genuine Company Culture

Sep 16, 2022 - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

The biggest compliment that I can give Asana is that this is the first time in my career where I actually feel motivated to contribute to my company's mission and success. I genuinely feel like this company cares for its employees, and as a result, the employees are motivated to care about the company and everyone in it. Ever since I joined, I've never experienced a greater sense of camaraderie and positive energy. Everyone here is so social, selfless, and enjoyable to work with. If you believe that you can contribute to this type of culture then look no further!

Cons

The only complaint that I have (that's also shared by many others here) is about the mandatory Return to Office policy. If Asana was flexible on this policy and at least allowed employees to choose whether they want to be hybrid in office or fully remote, then this company would be absolutely perfect.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 373 Reviews
</>Embed

Asana Reviews FAQs

Asana has an overall rating of 4.7 out of 5, based on over 629 reviews left anonymously by employees. 97% of employees would recommend working at Asana to a friend and 82% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -2% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Asana employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.6 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Asana. This rating has decreased by -1% over the last 12 months.

97% of Asana employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Asana 4.6 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.8 for culture and values and 4.5 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Asana to be senior leadership, career development, benefits and the cons to be compensation .

Popular Careers with Asana Job Seekers

JobsSalariesInterviews

Work at Asana? Share Your Experiences

Asana logo

Asana Careers

Cover image for Asana

Asana is a leading work management platform that's pioneering the future of work. With Asana, everyone knows the company goals they're...More

• Career Growth

Company Updates

Logo

7 days ago

Diversity and Inclusion
This Black History Month, Asana employee resource group Blacsana created spaces that built and strengthened connections among members of Blacsana and the Black tech community. Some highlights include: trap yoga, an event for creatives working in the tech space, and fundraising for impactful organizations. We look forward to continuing to connect with the community over the next year!
Shared image - Team Asana on Instagram: "This Black History Month, Blacsana created spaces that built and strengthened connections among members of Blacsana and the Black tech community. Some highlights include trap yoga, an event for creatives working in the tech space, and fundraising for impactful organizations. We look forward to continuing to connect with the community over the next year!"
www.instagram.com

Asana Photos

+ Add Photo
Asana photo of: outdoor spaces in our HQ
Asana photo of: Guillermo in NYC

Block

4.2

1,212 Reviews
Compare

Glassdoor has 629 Asana reviews submitted anonymously by Asana employees. Read employee reviews and ratings on Glassdoor to decide if Asana is right for you.