Ascend Learning Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

1. Featured Interview

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leawood, KS

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Ascend Learning (Leawood, KS) in April 2016.

Interview

I was referred by someone within the company. Applied online. Phone interview with recruiter. In-person with hiring manager and two other members of the leadership team. I submitted work samples for review and a sample campaign plan. Called back for one more interview with potential teammates. Received offer by phone within a week.

Interview Questions

• How do you add value in your role? How do you work across teams?   1 Answer

Human Resources Business Partner Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ascend Learning in April 2017.

Interview

This position was managed by a third party recruiting firm. I spoke with six (yes six) people from the recruiting firm before speaking to an actual Ascend employee. Basic brief phone screen, repeated with a few different people.

Interview Questions

• Basic behavior-based questions about HR roles and projects.   Answer Question

Dean of Students Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Ascend Learning (Brooklyn, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

It was a very friendly interview process, they make you feel wanted by the institution and offer support throughout the process. Hour long phone screening interview followed by a 4-hour long on-site interview (4 days after) including a mock lesson.

Test Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ascend Learning (New York, NY).

Interview

Interviewers were friendly. A panel of 4 interviewed me for about an hour. I first had a phone interview to go over my resume. Then, a second phone interview which was very different than the in person one. They moved quickly.

Interview Questions

• Mostly interested in editing and project management skills.   Answer Question

Automation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ascend Learning (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview process had a total of 5 rounds. I cleared the first 4 rounds and was scheduled for the 5th round with the project manager. But the company which was hiring said it will take another month or so to get back to me with the final decision.

Client Success Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ascend Learning (Detroit, MI) in August 2016.

Interview

After submitting my resume online I received an email from a corporate recruiter based out of Kansas City. A few back and forth emails lead to a 30 minute pre-screening/phone interview. About 3-4 days later I received a follow up email informing me that I had been selected to move forward to an in person interview and was informed that the process would take roughly 2 hours and would be broken down into multiple group interviews.
    I had a great experience meeting everyone in the office and felt that the process was needed and warranted for this type of position as it was a nice mix of open discussion and in depth experience related questioning.
    Sadly since the interview there has been very little communication in terms of rejection or an offer being made.

Interview Questions

• How do you educate yourself on a product or industry that you have minimal experience with?   Answer Question
    • Explain in depth your previous experience and how it can translate to this position.   Answer Question
    • How well do you work with various levels of clients?   Answer Question
    • How large was your last portfolio of clients?   Answer Question

Manager Software Development Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Ascend Learning in July 2016.

Interview

Phone screening interview on Thursday with HR followed by another phone screening with the person hiring on Friday. On Monday I received an email notifying me that they had scheduled an in-person interview for me the next day. They did not check with me if it would work, just told me to be there with less than 24 hours notice. No consideration of my time or prior commitments.

Human Resources Interview

Application

I interviewed at Ascend Learning in May 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed briefly by a recruiter. The meeting was effective, but the lack of follow-up was disappointing. I understand if you moved on to other candidates, however the lack of communication was one that leaves me less likely to consider or recommend employment.

Interview Questions

• I don't recall the specific questions, they generally asked for a summary of my experience and skills   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leawood, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ascend Learning (Leawood, KS).

Interview

I applied online and was contacted within a week for a phone interview with a recruiter. After the phone interview, the recruiter called back and asked me to schedule a phone interview with a manager. Then, I visited the office for about 2.5 hours and interviewed with 4 more people, 3 as a group. I was invited to come in to meet with yet another person 2 weeks later. I was told everything went well in my previous 4 interviews and I just needed to meet with one more person. After meeting with that person, the recruiter just fell of the face of the earth. I went into the office twice and had five interviews over the course of a month with absolutely no response from the company. How rude!

Interview Questions

• What was your favorite and least favorite thing about your last job?   Answer Question

Sales Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Ascend Learning (Burlington, MA) in December 2015.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted several weeks later. I first had a phone interview and then interviewed at the corporate office.
    Everyone I met was enthusiastic and very positive about the position and company.
    Office was quiet and everyone was very friendly.