Ascendas-Singbridge Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ascendas-Singbridge Interview Questions

Updated Jan 16, 2017

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jakarta (Indonesia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ascendas-Singbridge (Jakarta (Indonesia)) in May 2016.

Interview

Pretty straightforward. I am interviewed directly by the user/ President Director. At first he asked me about my experience in my current role as a property consultant. But in the end, he concluded that i am not suitable for the business development role (although the job description via online was suitable with my role... and hey... it only mentioned customer services division, not business development). The end user then plan to pass my CV to the JV company for the sales and marketing manager role.... well, no progress.
    I thought they have the suitable person for that role, but after 6 months, the role was still there in the social media ad. I think they are too conservative and expect the qualification too high from the candidates..

Interview Questions

• Q: Please tell me about your current role   1 Answer

Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ascendas-Singbridge (Singapore (Singapore)) in October 2014.

Interview

Interview set up by HR, met by the HR, AVP and head and the usual questions with regards to why you applying for this job role and etc. The management there has no airs and quite down to earth. Interview mood was fairly relax and they tried to put you at ease.

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ascendas-Singbridge (Singapore (Singapore)) in August 2014.

Interview

I was invited for a job interview for a Senior Manager position at Ascendas. I found the interviewer discriminatory and unprofessional.

His line of questioning was aggressive to begin with, but I accepted it in the interview spirit. However, he shocked me by asking if I had any intention to have kids and if so, over what time-frame. When I asked him how this was relevant to judging my suitability for the role, he said that based on his experience managing women, he found that productivity declined when women decided to have kids or became mothers. In response to that, I asked the interviewer if he had kids and his response was “of course.”

I personally believe that both work and family are important and I’m sure my response, while idealistic according to the interviewer, would eliminate me from being considered for this role. I am appalled that a company which touts itself as being family-friendly can be so discriminatory and unfair towards women.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ascendas-Singbridge.

Interview

The hiring process is relatively straightforward. The HR personnel was professional and friendly. Arranged for two appointments with the two direct supervisors. The whole process was done within 1 month from the day of application, to the day of offer.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ascendas-Singbridge (Singapore (Singapore)) in August 2013.

Interview

Friendly and no much technical stuff. Basically chatting about the real estate operational model and needs. I prompted the fire evacuation model in commercial building consist of retails and offices.
    The interviewer patiently explained the process in clear explanation.

Financial Controller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ascendas-Singbridge (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

They use a headhunter for more senior positions. HR will then screen the resumes, then preselects for the hiring manager to interview you. Sometimes, the functional head will also interview, but the overall hiring decision is by the hiring manager.

You'll need to negotiate hard at the beginning for your package, as they'll try to pay as little as possible!

Interview Questions

• Nothing really very difficult. Fairly standard and friendly.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The hardest was the salary. Strangely, they will try and offer as little as possible, so the first offer was 20% below my then, current pay! After rejecting them 2-3 times, they finally came back with a much more reasonable offer.

Marketing Communications Head Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ascendas-Singbridge (Bengaluru (India)) in September 2011.

Interview

First they contacted through job consultant and fixed telephonic interview. Called one to one interview within 2 days . called again for 2nd round of interview wih management.

Senior Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ascendas-Singbridge (Hyderabad (India)) in October 2010.

Interview

experience candidates will be short listed and after 3-4 rounds of interview and if short listed will be called for joining.

Interview Questions

• Expectation from the Company/Managment   1 Answer

Negotiation

Easy one