AspenTech Interview Questions | Glassdoor

AspenTech Interview Questions

Interviews at AspenTech

2.8

Senior Order Management Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AspenTech.

Interview

Salary was far and away below the standard range. Company seems to be taking advantage of the job market and has severely lowered the salary expectations. Not a good sign of a company and was very disappointing.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable with this very low salary range?   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AspenTech (Boston, MA) in August 2020.

Interview

A fairly straightforward interview process. The process started with a call from the recruiter asking about career goals and past experience. Then a short discussion about the role and current responsibilities with the hiring manager. Last was a 3 part interview, 30 minutes each, with different engineers, only vaguely technical. Everybody was kind and welcoming, they made it very easy to be myself during the interview process and truly seemed like a great work environment. They were transparent about budgetary restrictions for the position before interviewing.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at AspenTech (Houston, TX).

Interview

Multiple phone call interview with HR. Unfortunately same questions repeated on every phone call, especially they want to know your current salary. Second phone interview with hiring manager...typical questions, why do you want to work for the company etc. Nothing technical. 3rd was in person interview with multiple managers. This was more technical, but as long as you are confident of the work you have done in the past, you should be good. Also, at the end you are asked to present on any technical topic. Over all good experience, other than the recruiter, she could have done a better job.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for this company?   Answer Question
    • Tell me a scenario where you were presented with a technical challenge and how did you solve it?   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at AspenTech (Houston, TX) in September 2019.

Interview

I got an email from recruiter to set up a phone interview. It was a month after I applied for a position. Phone interview was going through resume, talking about previous experience etc. They were seeking for candidate to fill position in last quarter of the year (just like I read in some previous reviews). I was told I can expect to hear from HR manager in about 2 weeks. 3 weeks later, same recruiter sends me an email to set up a phone interview (again). We do it again and he tells me he does not have any info that we ever spoke. So, again, after the same interview he tells me he HR manager will contact me. And he did. But I was not able to set up a call with him since he never answers on emails on time or ignores them. First time he told my email went to spam folder, so he didn't seen it on time to answer to my suggested time for a call. I suggested other time and he never answered. The position is still open.
    I am wondering if anyone who goes through interview process like this would ever wish to work for them after all.

Technical Writer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AspenTech.

Interview

over two weeks went through 3 different interviews. First a phone screening, then an interview with my potential supervisor, then a group video conference with two tech writers from the department I would be working with. Offered me the job and then receded the offer after I accepted. Very unprofessional

Interview Questions

• Do you have any technical writing experience?   1 Answer

Interview

there are 3 round skype interviews and after that one onsite. The overall process is very nice, questions are good enough, well designed, and I like the company

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AspenTech.

Interview

Interview went fine, interviewed with 6 people which was 30 mins with each person. Each person had a ton of information to ask in a short period of time but was cut off due to only having 30 minutes each. Didn't even get a denial back though even though I have called multiple times to hear if I even didn't get the job.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions about my resume and a lot of technical questions about the position I had applied for.   Answer Question

Marketing Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at AspenTech in March 2019.

Interview

They were desperate to find someone to fill a position for someone that left. It was suspicious because 2 people in the department left the same time. I was contacted by a recruiter on LinkedIn and had a phone interview and a final interview in the matter of just 1 week. It felt like an extremely boring company with a lot of rules. The recruiter made it seem like I had the job and kept asking about other jobs I was applying for and said she wanted to make a decision ASAP so I didn’t go to
    The other company.

Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bedford, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at AspenTech (Bedford, MA) in March 2019.

Interview

The HR person found me on linkedin and asked me to interview. They had me come in the office after a phone interview in under a week. They seemed like they were desperate for a back fill position. The HR person kept asking me about other companies I was applying for and said she didnt want me to go to those companies even though they did not give me the job offer. Seemed like a very odd and boring company.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at AspenTech in February 2019.

Interview

First a Talent Acquisition Consultant contacts you to set up a generic phone screen. This consisted of questions about your interest in the company and briefly about your experience. If that went well then a technical phone interview is set up with a hiring manager. The one thing that made this interview negative was the difficulty understanding both individuals due to their accents and the speed at which they spoke.

Interview Questions

• The questions consisted of basics about the languages/technologies relevant to the position you applied for as well as discussing the major items on your resume.   Answer Question