AspenTech Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

Sort:

Junior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bedford, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AspenTech (Bedford, MA) in August 2018.

Interview

Overall my experience was really unprofessional. I was called by an HR rep for the first round of phone screen. She asked me about my area of expertise and compensation expected and if I would need a visa sponsorship or not, for which I said I will need one sponsorship after three years. She said they do not usually provide sponsorship for junior roles. So she said she will let me know if they will or not and then she called me for next round of interview.

The next round of tech interview was pretty much standard easy one. After that she called me for an On-site interview.
    On site Interview went fine except the fact that HR was mostly interested in discussing just the compensation that I am expecting or rather in informing me that they normally offer just 55k-60k to Juniors. Also we discussed about Visa and I said I am good for three years since I am on OPT. She happily agreed to that and interview progressed.

Four people interviewed me half an hour each. Questions were so easy and comfortable. Few basic technical questions on Java. They said the HR will contact you.

Few days later I got an email from the HR saying she got great feedbacks from the team and will let me know the next step of hiring within a week or so.

I waited for a week and I never heard from her after that. I wrote her a couple of emails. But no reply came. It really sucked the way they treated me. She gave me the hope of an offer and cheated me! Really unprofessional company and people!.

Interview Questions

• What is the method of Memory management in Java?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AspenTech (Burlington, MA) in July 2012.

Interview

Got interview by applying for opening through advertisement on College Campus website.

I interviewed with 4 people, one at a time and then met with the HR person at the end. It was the standard interview by: meeting with a fellow worker and then meeting with the managers/leads.

I got an offer from them about 3 days later, and they only gave me one day to accept the offer. This was because it was nearing the end of their fiscal year and they wanted to make their numbers. They also weren't willing to budge on their deadline.

Interview Questions

• Tended to focus on a few of the "curveball" interview questions. These were more to test how you would figure out a problem as there was no way for me to prepare for this type of questioning. They also asked the standard behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Seemed very informal there, which can be a good thing in certain circumstances, but in this case it made it seem like it was very unprofessional to work there. They also were opening a second building up in Nashua NH, and I wasn't a fan of having to travel back and forth between different locations to work.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Interview

Received email for phone interview. Easy just details about your resume and basic OOP.
    Onsite after one week: 4 interviews: 2 technical + 1 with manager + 1 HR

Prepare C++, OOP, basic algorithm questions, linked lists/hashtables

below par salary

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at AspenTech (Houston, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

After interview with this compnay about 2 month i did not get any respoding from them ...It was rude for a job interviewer for not responding back after a job interview. If I was a job interviewer, I would write a rejection letter in positive manner to thank them for coming to the interview and I would say, “I am sorry that you were not selected for the job position…” At the same time, I do not want to disappoint the candidates

Interview Questions

• seems like they pull out questions and test sheet from college test pool center   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bedford, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at AspenTech (Bedford, MA) in September 2018.

Interview

Phone interview with HR, then Phone interview with a Software Engineer, then on-site interview lasting 2 hours. I met with 4 people at on-site interview for 30 min each (Software Engineer, Chemical Engineer, Lead Developer, Software Engineer).

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AspenTech (Boston, MA) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online to the job posted less than 2 days ago. They scheduled a phone interview for screening. It lasted 30 minutes. They immediately scheduled onsite interviews, where 4 interviewers took interviews for 45 minutes each.

Interview Questions

• Questions were mostly on previous work experience. They go through every bit on your resume. Some questions were
       why particular framework, why that language. Have you worked in a legacy -
       non legacy code environment? Explain challenges you faced? Why would you like to work on particular technology? etc.   1 Answer

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AspenTech.

Interview

A phone interview with HR followed by a phone interview with three people in marketing, an then an in-person interview with three people in marketing (I saw them one at a time). The questions were straight forward and related to the job. I received a couple of situation questions, i.e. describe a time you failed and how you handled it.

Training Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at AspenTech (Houston, TX).

Interview

Very lengthy, it is a screening with recuriter. After that if she feels you are able to full role, she pass you on to the Manager who works in Boston. Once you pass that, you then move on to a process whichs takes all afternoon. I was there for a 5 hour interview. 6 different people come in and interview you seperately and have to rate you.

Industry Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AspenTech (Houston, TX) in September 2010.

Interview

The hiring process was relatively swift. A phone screen by HR was then followed by a phone interview with the hiring manager. A phone interview with the Vice President was also required. The in person interview consisted of talking with the hiring manager and three others from various parts of the organization. I did not have the opportunity to meet any of the co-workers within my group.

Senior Software Quality Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AspenTech.

Interview

This position was for their latest Mtell preditictive analysis. The first round was HR. The second round was a phone call by the hiring manager. Third round was skype interview by 6 members. 4 th round was an HR phone call. 5th round was a phone call from the hiring manager and another team in Houston. I spend 6-7hrs on their interview process. They didn't bother to respond to my emails after the inteview. Absolutely Unprofessional. I will never work for this company