AspenTech Interview Questions | Glassdoor

AspenTech Interview Questions

Updated Jan 27, 2017

2.9

Full Time Position Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AspenTech.

Interview

HR from AspenTech contacted me regarding a full time position. I had an initial phone interview which lead to an on site interview. They wanted me to come in for the interview ASAP which worked with my schedule; however, since the on site interview, which occurred over a month ago, I have not heard from them. Additionally, they have not responded to my email inquiring about my status.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Aspen Tech   1 Answer

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AspenTech.

Interview

I applied for the position online. I then had a phone screen with the hiring manager. He was not very professional and nice at all. He asked me some questions about my resume and some technical questions. He was very fault-finding and had a bad attitude and was very condescending. Although I am open to constructive criticism, I don't appreciate criticism out of mockery. I would have been perfectly ok if he just cut the interview short since I didn't meet his expectations. Instead, our conversation lasted nearly an hour. I've had a lot of interviews in the past few months and this was by far the worst interview. Although I have failed many interviews before, at least the interviewers always were respectful and considerate when I didn't give them the answers they were looking for

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at AspenTech (Houston, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

After interview with this compnay about 2 month i did not get any respoding from them ...It was rude for a job interviewer for not responding back after a job interview. If I was a job interviewer, I would write a rejection letter in positive manner to thank them for coming to the interview and I would say, “I am sorry that you were not selected for the job position…” At the same time, I do not want to disappoint the candidates

Interview Questions

• seems like they pull out questions and test sheet from college test pool center   1 Answer

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AspenTech in September 2015.

Interview

First round with hiring manager, recruiter and another manager. Second round with Senior Directors, HR and Executive sponsor. Extremely open and clear interview process. People were passionate about the company and what they do. Lots of change going on as the company is investing for the future

Interview Questions

• General behavioral and project experience based questions. Lots of technical questions as it is a technical role   Answer Question

Had multiple offers that came in a little higher on pay and Aspen did not negotiate

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AspenTech.

Interview

A phone interview with HR followed by a phone interview with three people in marketing, an then an in-person interview with three people in marketing (I saw them one at a time). The questions were straight forward and related to the job. I received a couple of situation questions, i.e. describe a time you failed and how you handled it.

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AspenTech (Houston, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview process consisted of two phone screenings. The first one seemed to be very informal and the second was somewhat technical. The interviewers went on strange tangents, some even providing negative feedback about the company. As a whole, this company does not seem to have good communication among the different departments.

Technical Support Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at AspenTech in November 2014.

Interview

Received a phone interview with a hiring manager, behavior type questions about myself and work ethic. Followed by a 5 panel 1:1 interview. Each interview lasted 30-45 min and mainly technical about thermodynamics and science.

Interview Questions

• Name the three laws of thermodynamics, explain enthalpy and entropy   1 Answer

Senior Technical Support Consultant Interview

Application

I interviewed at AspenTech in November 2014.

Interview

The interview was easy but the interviewers have something specific in their mind. Their questions were focused on fundamentals in chemical engineering specially process design. I do not like the way that interviewed me and also if they offer me the job I will not accepted. I do not recommend this company to any one.

Senior Technical Support Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AspenTech (Houston, TX) in November 2014.

Interview

One interview and then onsite interview with 4 people.
    HR phone interview and 1 peer, 3 managers and 1 HR.
    HR asks behavior and skills related questions.
    All the 3 managers asked about previous experience and technical questions.
    Some basic, team work related, situation question, expect some detailed technical questions on your experience in process industry.

Senior Finance Position Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AspenTech in July 2014.

Interview

Interview was scheduled through an external recruiter and was with 2 senior members of the Finance team. The first interviewer literally appeared to have ADD, he talked for 25 minutes about only himself and how poor the staff in his Finance organization are, then spent all of 5 minutes asking about my background with no detailed questions or going any further than my current job. Extremely disorganized and scattered brain type of leader who's jumpy professional career matches his odd personality. The second interviewer was an old school Finance guy that went over my resume line by line, very boring and dry personality. Neither one of those interviewers did a good job to describe the culture of Aspen Tech or try to put a positive spin on the role. I literally walked away thinking that Aspen Tech is a complete train wreck. Called my recruiter right way and told him that I would never work for those people and he should recommend them a good professional interviewing seminar.

Interview Questions

• There were no technical or difficult questions, it was honestly quite a mess of an interivew that I hope never to encounter again.   Answer Question