AspenTech Interview Questions | Glassdoor

AspenTech Interview Questions

Updated Nov 18, 2017

2.8

Principal Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AspenTech.

Interview

They called me out of blow and went through my resume asking questions and some behavioral questions also were asked .the whole interview was very very unprofessional .They did not call or email to set up the interview time

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AspenTech (Boston, MA) in September 2017.

Interview

Initial interview is via text on Google Hangouts. I was skeptical at first, until I went online to check it out. Even people on this site have talked about Hangouts. Likely because their head office is in USA and I`m in Canada.

Interview Questions

• What was your most difficult personal failure and how did you overcome it   Answer Question

Associate Consulting Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at AspenTech (Houston, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

Quick phone interview that lead to an insight interview with 5 people at the company. Discussed my past school, and work experience with each person interviewing. They described the projects and expectations for the position.

Interview Questions

• What are some skills you have acquired in your past working experience that will allow you to be successful at this position?   Answer Question

Senior Business Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Bedford, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AspenTech (New Bedford, MA) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Received call from HR a few days later. Six weeks later got another call from HR to setup a phone interview with Sr. VP. That call lasted about 30 minutes with positive feedback received from the interviewer. A couple of days later had in person interview with hiring manager, which went very well and an offer was made and confirmed by HR shortly after the interview.

Interview Questions

• Questions were mostly related to past experience, technical skills, and management skills.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AspenTech (Boston, MA) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online to the job posted less than 2 days ago. They scheduled a phone interview for screening. It lasted 30 minutes. They immediately scheduled onsite interviews, where 4 interviewers took interviews for 45 minutes each.

Interview Questions

• Questions were mostly on previous work experience. They go through every bit on your resume. Some questions were
       why particular framework, why that language. Have you worked in a legacy -
       non legacy code environment? Explain challenges you faced? Why would you like to work on particular technology? etc.   1 Answer

Associate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bedford, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AspenTech (Bedford, MA) in March 2017.

Interview

Started with an HR rep contacting me over email to schedule a quick 15 min phone interview. At the end of the phone interview the rep scheduled an onsite interview with several hiring managers. A week later I went in to the Bedford headquarters. First met with same HR rep for 10 minutes, they gave me a brief overview of the position and asked some basic questions about what I would be looking for in a company etc. Next, I met with two hiring managers for the position. They both described the role and the projects I would be working on. Went over my resume and asked some basic questions about it, this lasted about an hour. After the on-site interview the hiring managers asked for university transcript and some sample work. I provided the documents and then never heard from them again. The process was great until the conclusion, pretty unprofessional at the end.

Senior Director, Alliances Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AspenTech (Houston, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

Quick phone interview with HR. Progressed to in-person interviews onsite.

First interviewer was 10 minutes late - his initial question: which job are you interviewing for? Next, he looked at a list of questions he was supposed to ask - and read them aloud to me to answer.

Second interviewer asked: "Have you ever worked in an environment where you cannot make decisions?" Wow!

Took 3 months to get reimbursed for interview expenses less than $100.

Tells you a lot about a company when the people who are supposed to entice you to join a company are completely disengaged.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked in an environment where you cannot make decisions?   Answer Question

Full Time Position Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AspenTech.

Interview

HR from AspenTech contacted me regarding a full time position. I had an initial phone interview which lead to an on site interview. They wanted me to come in for the interview ASAP which worked with my schedule; however, since the on site interview, which occurred over a month ago, I have not heard from them. Additionally, they have not responded to my email inquiring about my status.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Aspen Tech   1 Answer

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AspenTech.

Interview

I applied for the position online. I then had a phone screen with the hiring manager. He was not very professional and nice at all. He asked me some questions about my resume and some technical questions. He was very fault-finding and had a bad attitude and was very condescending. Although I am open to constructive criticism, I don't appreciate criticism out of mockery. I would have been perfectly ok if he just cut the interview short since I didn't meet his expectations. Instead, our conversation lasted nearly an hour. I've had a lot of interviews in the past few months and this was by far the worst interview. Although I have failed many interviews before, at least the interviewers always were respectful and considerate when I didn't give them the answers they were looking for

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at AspenTech (Houston, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

After interview with this compnay about 2 month i did not get any respoding from them ...It was rude for a job interviewer for not responding back after a job interview. If I was a job interviewer, I would write a rejection letter in positive manner to thank them for coming to the interview and I would say, “I am sorry that you were not selected for the job position…” At the same time, I do not want to disappoint the candidates

Interview Questions

• seems like they pull out questions and test sheet from college test pool center   1 Answer