Aspire Public Schools Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

Sort:

Special Education Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stockton, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Aspire Public Schools (Stockton, CA) in June 2010.

Interview

screening phone interview, teaching demo, panel interview, It will change this year to include new componants unknown to me.

Interview Questions

• It wasn't as much as a question as it was the facial expression or lack of expression during interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I had little wiggle room. ASK lots of questions about what job responsibilites are going to be to the on site administrator and look at your working area to make sure it is acceptable. Also ask what materials will be available for your use.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Aspire Public Schools.

Interview

Two rounds of interviews

Interview Questions

• Compare two websites - why do you prefer the user interface of one over the other?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Aspire Public Schools in February 2015.

Interview

causal meeting, they asked about your background, experience, personality questions, how you react in different situation, why you apply the job, how much you know about the organization and basic skill questions and how would you use to process your work. Generally speaking, it was intense but they were nice and good listeners.

Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aspire Public Schools (Oakland, CA) in September 2018.

Interview

A recruiter has contacted me and sent me her calendar via email to set up phone call interview. Whole process to make an interview appointment was very organized. The recruiter called right on time and was very professional.

Interview Questions

• How do you foster students who are challenged academically?   1 Answer

Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aspire Public Schools (Oakland, CA) in April 2013.

Interview

The process included an online application including a cover letter, a phone interview, then scheduling a demo lesson and in-person interview which included one-on-one and panel interview, then they called back and emailed with an offer within 2 weeks of the interview.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths, what are your weaknesses, what is something you'd like to improve upon, what is your education philosophy, what would you do if..., what's your experience with data, how have you used data to inform instruction   Answer Question

Guest Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in East Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Aspire Public Schools (East Palo Alto, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

1) First you apply online with the standard questions followed by short answer questions.

2) A few weeks later you receive an email notifying you of an interview if they approve of your application.

3) The interview consists of short situational/ behavioral questions and introduce yourself to the interviewer. If the school likes you then you are hired on the spot!

4) If you are hired on the spot you will receive a packet of paperwork that includes forms for a TB Test and Livescan Fingerprinting. Also you will receive an email usually the next day with instructions for on boarding ( signing paperwork online) and reminder to complete your TB Test and Livescan Fingerprinting ASAP or your offer will be withdrawn! You will only have 3 weeks to get this all done.

5) The pay is $190/Day.

Interview Questions

• How will you discipline a difficult or confrontational student?   Answer Question
    • What will you do if there are no lesson plans?   Answer Question
    • What notes will you leave the regular teacher at the end of the day?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation as the $190/Day pay was already set.

Instructional Aide Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Aspire Public Schools (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

i applied online and then they called me like a week after I applied. I was given a day to come in to interview. The interview was about 20 minutes. It was myself and three employees in the interview room. They all asked questions

Interview Questions

• My education, experience with students. What would I do with students with a behavior problem and "tell us a time" when you had a student behavior problem and a time when you and a coworker didn't agree.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations at all. They don't budge

Instructional Aide Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Aspire Public Schools.

Interview

Simple process. One call on phone and then one in-person interview with two individuals. The interview was held at home office and lasted no longer than 30 minutes, more or less.

Instructional Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aspire Public Schools (Oakland, CA).

Interview

I went through three interviews for this temporary, long-term substitute position. In addition to a phone screening. I was already a substitute at this school in a short-term capacity.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you had a challenging student in your class?   Answer Question

Instructional Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aspire Public Schools in July 2015.

Interview

Unfortunately I got really nervous and screwed up. I didn't get the job, but as long as you calm down and answer the 10 questions you'll be fine.

The middle school/high school interview is different. The questions may vary and you might be expected to do a job different from the job description. Just beware.

Interview Questions

• Name 3 strengths and 1 weakness. How would you create a rigorous learning environment?   Answer Question