Aspire Public Schools Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Aspire Public Schools Interview Questions

Updated Jul 26, 2017

Instructional Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aspire Public Schools (Oakland, CA).

Interview

I went through three interviews for this temporary, long-term substitute position. In addition to a phone screening. I was already a substitute at this school in a short-term capacity.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you had a challenging student in your class?   Answer Question

After School Educator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Aspire Public Schools (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Panel Interview by 5 people. Was told about position then asked about 10 simple questions. Interview lasted about 30 minutes. Staff was very friendly. Offered the job the next day.

After School Educator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aspire Public Schools (Sacramento, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

I got a call back right away, the day after I submitted an online application, cover letter, and resume. Was very willing to coordinate a phone interview because I was out of town. In person interview followed too.

Interview Questions

• What is your education philosophy?   1 Answer

High School English Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stockton, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aspire Public Schools (Stockton, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

The interview process was me giving a sample 45 minute lesson to a class of students with several administrators in the room observing. We then proceeded to a different room for an interview which lasted maybe 30 minutes. The principal initially told me I could give a lesson on "whatever I want," then he changed it to "as long as it fits the 9th grade standards." I wish he had said that from the beginning.

Interview Questions

• Would you consider driving a student home?   1 Answer

Guest Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in East Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Aspire Public Schools (East Palo Alto, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

1) First you apply online with the standard questions followed by short answer questions.

2) A few weeks later you receive an email notifying you of an interview if they approve of your application.

3) The interview consists of short situational/ behavioral questions and introduce yourself to the interviewer. If the school likes you then you are hired on the spot!

4) If you are hired on the spot you will receive a packet of paperwork that includes forms for a TB Test and Livescan Fingerprinting. Also you will receive an email usually the next day with instructions for on boarding ( signing paperwork online) and reminder to complete your TB Test and Livescan Fingerprinting ASAP or your offer will be withdrawn! You will only have 3 weeks to get this all done.

5) The pay is $190/Day.

Interview Questions

• How will you discipline a difficult or confrontational student?   Answer Question
    • What will you do if there are no lesson plans?   Answer Question
    • What notes will you leave the regular teacher at the end of the day?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation as the $190/Day pay was already set.

Instructional Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aspire Public Schools in July 2015.

Interview

Unfortunately I got really nervous and screwed up. I didn't get the job, but as long as you calm down and answer the 10 questions you'll be fine.

The middle school/high school interview is different. The questions may vary and you might be expected to do a job different from the job description. Just beware.

Interview Questions

• Name 3 strengths and 1 weakness. How would you create a rigorous learning environment?   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Aspire Public Schools (Oakland, CA).

Interview

It was quick and intense. First a phone interview, then a panel interview. Then one on one interviews and skills test. If you make it past this a thorough background check is done and then a final interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Aspire.   1 Answer

Instructional Aide Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Aspire Public Schools (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

i applied online and then they called me like a week after I applied. I was given a day to come in to interview. The interview was about 20 minutes. It was myself and three employees in the interview room. They all asked questions

Interview Questions

• My education, experience with students. What would I do with students with a behavior problem and "tell us a time" when you had a student behavior problem and a time when you and a coworker didn't agree.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations at all. They don't budge

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Aspire Public Schools in February 2015.

Interview

causal meeting, they asked about your background, experience, personality questions, how you react in different situation, why you apply the job, how much you know about the organization and basic skill questions and how would you use to process your work. Generally speaking, it was intense but they were nice and good listeners.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aspire Public Schools.

Interview

Online application with resume and cover letter. Then waited quite awhile to hear from someone. Was asked schedule over phone and then asked to come in for one on on interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiating, Aspire has caps on positions